Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
June 2011 - South Korea Special Weapons News
- S. Korean Ministry of Unification Accused of Failed Negotiations KCNA 30 Jun 2011 -- A spokesman for the DPRK Guidance Bureau of Special Zone for International Tour of Mt. Kumgang gave the following answer to a question raised by KCNA Thursday as negotiations for settling the readjustment of properties including real estate inside the special zone proved abortive due to the obstructive moves of the south Korean puppet authorities.
- S. Korean Regime Accused of Its Plan to Develop Tourist Destinations KCNA 30 Jun 2011 -- The south Korean regime announced a plan to develop five islands in the West Sea including Paekryong and Yonphyong into international tourist destinations.
- U.S., South Korean Alliance 'Never Stronger,' Sharp Says AFPS 29 Jun 2011 -- The relationship between the United States and South Korea has never been stronger, the commander of U.S. Forces Korea said here yesterday.
- Lee Myung Bak Group's Hideous Provocation to Be Shattered-- KPA Supreme Command KCNA 29 Jun 2011 -- A spokesman for the Supreme Command of the Korean People's Army released the following statement on Wednesday:
- CPRK Opens to Public Notice to Chongwadae of S. Korea KCNA 29 Jun 2011 -- The Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea (CPRK) tried to send an urgent notice to the south Korean authorities through Panmunjom today in connection with the fact that 'Paekgol unit' of the south Korean puppet forces and other forefront units are committing heinous provocations defiling the dignity of the leadership of the DPRK and its system and army.
- Joint team conducts exhaustive probe into claims Army News 29 Jun 2011 -- The Joint Investigation Team established to investigate claims that Agent Orange was buried on Camp Carroll, South Korea, in 1978 has made significant progress since its formation last month.
- Environmental Investigation Underway on US Base in S. Korea VOA 28 Jun 2011 -- In South Korea, an investigation is underway to determine if the toxic defoliant Agent Orange was buried at a U.S. military base three decades ago.
- DPRK Government Spokesman Warns Lee Myung Bak Group of Stern Punishment KCNA 28 Jun 2011 -- A spokesman for the DPRK Government issued the following statement on June 28
- Sharp says alliance ready to counter provocations Army News 22 Jun 2011 -- The top U.S. military commander in Korea said the Republic of Korea-U.S. Alliance is ready to counter any provocations against South Korea.
- Rodong Sinmun: Resignation of Lee Myung Bak Regime Urged KCNA 22 Jun 2011 -- Lee Myung Bak resignation is what the south Korean people are demanding.
- South Korea Exercises KCNA 22 Jun 2011 -- The 5th Infantry Division of the army announced on June 20 that it would stage a field tactical drill in the area of Jongok, Ryonchon County, Kyonggi Province.
- KCNA on S. Korea's Anti-DPRK Act KCNA 21 Jun 2011 -- The south Korean authorities are seriously trying to ram "north Korean human rights act" through "National Assembly".
- Minju Joson on U-Turn to N-S Joint Declaration KCNA 21 Jun 2011 -- Lee Myung Bak now says it respects the June 15 joint declaration, a U-turn from its past attitude.
- Rodong Sinmun on S. Korean Authorities' Remarks KCNA 20 Jun 2011 -- South Korean Ministry of Unification: South Korea would not "gloss over" the "Cheonan" warship case and the Yonphyong Island shelling incident.
- S. Korea Accused of Lobbying Anti-DPRK Act KCNA 20 Jun 2011 -- The DPRK condemned South Korea for their ongoing attempt to lobby "north Korean human rights act".
- No Agent Orange found in water near Camp Carroll Army News 20 Jun 2011 -- No traces of Agent Orange were found during water sampling tests on the wells in the community adjacent to Camp Carroll, the Joint Investigation Team announced June 16, 2011.
- Facts about Former Military Dictator's Introduction of Defoliant Disclosed KCNA 20 Jun 2011 -- It has been disclosed that the Park Chung-Hee military dictatorial forces were involved in the case of defoliant spraying in the late 1960s.
- S. Korea military fires at passenger jet by mistake RIA Novosti 18 Jun 2011 -- South Korean troops fired at a civilian airplane near the disputed Yellow Sea border with North Korea, misidentifying it as one of the communist country's military planes, but no damage occurred, Yonhap said on Saturday.
- No Evidence of Chemical Threat at US Military Base in S. Korea VOA 17 Jun 2011 -- U.S. officials say they are optimistic a joint investigation underway with the South Korean government will conclude that there are no present environmental dangers from the alleged burial, decades ago, of toxic chemicals on a American military base in the country.
- N. Korea Threatens to Release Recordings of Secret Talks With South VOA 09 Jun 2011 -- North Korea is threatening to disclose recordings of a secret meeting with ROK to prove Seoul called for summit talks.
- KCNA on Summit Talks with ROK KCNA 09 Jun 2011 -- An official announcement that the "true intention" reflected in Lee's "Berlin proposal" was conveyed to the DPRK side at a secret contact.
- S. Korea Announces Joint Air Defense Drill KCNA 09 Jun 2011 -- The Joint Chiefs of Staff of south Korea announced on June 8 that it would stage a joint air defense drill in the sky above south Korea except Jeju Island.
- KCNA on ROK Cooperation with Foreign Forces KCNA 08 Jun 2011 -- The inter-Korean relations have reached such situation that they can be hardly be repaired.
- KCNA on S. Korean Provocation KCNA 08 Jun 2011 -- The Korean people are indignant with the south Korean regime for its recent provocation against the supreme dignity of the DPRK.
- KCNA on South Korea Leadership KCNA 07 Jun 2011 -- Lee Myung Bak committed such unprecedentedly hideous provocation as daring hurt the supreme dignity of the DPRK.
- Rodong Sinmun on S. Korean Provocations KCNA 07 Jun 2011 -- The desire of the fellow countrymen for reunification is now chilled by a handful.
- DPRK People Vow Revenge on S. Korean Regime KCNA 07 Jun 2011 -- People of various social strata in the DPRK have resolved to take revenge on the Lee Myung Bak regime of south Korea for its abuses of the DPRK's supreme dignity.
- ROK President Requests North to End Policy of Confrontation VOA 06 Jun 2011 -- South Korea’s president is signaling to North Korea that he would like to calm rising tension on the peninsula.
- KCNA on S. Korean Policy KCNA 06 Jun 2011 -- The DPRK people have expressed their resentment against the south Korean regime.
- Rodong Sinmun on Protecting Supreme Dignity of DPRK KCNA 06 Jun 2011 -- It is a sacred national duty to protect the supreme dignity of the DPRK.
- KCNA on US, South Korea's Military Moves KCNA 06 Jun 2011 -- The United States began deploying more than 10 F-15Es belonging to the flying corps of the Air Force and at least 400 troops in south Korea.
- S. Korea's Report on Operation for Spraying Defoliant Opened to Public KCNA 06 Jun 2011 -- A lawmaker of south Korea on June 3 opened to the public a report of the puppet military authorities on the operation for spraying defoliant carried out late in the 1960s.
- U.S., Korean air forces rumble forward in Max Thunder 11-1 AFNS 06 Jun 2011 -- The South Korean and U.S. air forces hosted a joint exercise here May recently to sharpen their ability to work together in a simulated wartime environment.
- Rodong Sinmun Calls on S. Korea's Confrontation KCNA 05 Jun 2011 -- All the patriotic forces at home and abroad should firmly unite under the banner of the June 15 joint declaration and the October 4 declaration.
- KPA on Lee Myung Bak and ROK Policy KCNA 05 Jun 2011 -- The General Staff of the Korean People's Army clarified its strong stand regarding Lee Myung Bak.
- US and S. Korea to Stage Maneuvers KCNA 05 Jun 2011 -- The US and South Korea are planning to stage combined tactical exercises in Kyonggi Province from June 7 to 10.
- Boeing Delivers 2 F-15K Slam Eagles to the Republic of Korea Boeing 02 Jun 2011 -- The Boeing Company [NYSE: BA] delivered two F-15K Slam Eagle aircraft -- designated F-15K49 and F-15K50 -- to the Republic of Korea Air Force (ROKAF) at Daegu Air Base on May 30. The aircraft departed the Boeing St. Louis facility on May 25 and made stops in Palmdale, Calif., Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii, and Anderson Air Force Base, Guam, before arriving in Korea.
- South Korea Acknowledges Secret Talks with North VOA 02 Jun 2011 -- South Korea's government on Thursday admitted it held secret discussions with North Korea last month. South Korea's president is facing criticism across the domestic political spectrum for the talks, which were revealed by Pyongyang.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list