Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
May 2011 - South Korea Special Weapons News
- S. Korea to Stage More War Maneuvers KCNA 29 May 2011 -- The south Korean puppet Joint Chiefs of Staff announced that military exercises codenamed Taeguk would be staged in three days from May 30, according to south Korean Yonhap News.
- S. Korean Forces' War Exercises Flayed--Rodong Sinmun KCNA 29 May 2011 -- The puppet warmongers of south Korea staged a large-scale joint air rehearsal in the sky above the west of the Korean Peninsula from May 23 to 27 together with the U.S. air forces in south Korea.
- Johnson addresses Korean public on investigation Army News 26 May 2011 -- The American Army general leading the investigation into claims that U.S. troops buried Agent Orange on Camp Carroll in 1978 addressed the Korean public.
- Record Proving Environment Pollution by U.S. Troops Discovered KCNA 26 May 2011 -- A record proving the environmental pollution by the U.S. forces present in south Korea was discovered.
- KCNA on ROK Maneuvers KCNA 26 May 2011 -- The south Korean36th infantry division staged an anti-terrorism drill at Wonju airport, south Korean Kangwon Province.
- Rodong Sinmun on Ruling Crisis in S. Korea KCNA 26 May 2011 -- The south Korean conservative group is now plunged into the worst ruling crisis.
- U.S. and S. Korea Announce Plan for Military Exercises KCNA 25 May 2011 -- The U.S. and the south Koreans on May 23 announced that they would stage large-scale combined battle exercises.
- U.S. Forces Hit for Burying Defoliant in S. Korea KCNA 25 May 2011 -- Spokesman for the Democratic Labor Party of south Korea denounced the U.S. forces in south Korea for having buried defoliant in the Waegwan military base.
- South Korea Media: Kim Jong Il Visits China VOA 20 May 2011 -- South Korean media are reporting that North Korean leader Kim Jong Il is visiting China.
- S. Korea to Stage Ground Coordinated Drill KCNA 11 May 2011 -- The 65th Division of the south Korean army is planning to stage large-scale ground coordinated drill in Uijongbu and Yangju areas of Kyonggi Province.
- KCNA on US and S. Korean Military Meeting KCNA 10 May 2011 -- Assistant secretaries of Defense and Foreign Affairs-level meeting of the U.S. and south Korea was held recently.
- North Korea Denies Cyber Attack on South Korean Bank VOA 10 May 2011 -- North Korea denies it carried out a cyber attack on a South Korean bank last month.
- KCNA on S. Korean Cyber Attack KCNA 10 May 2011 -- A spokesman for the Ministry of the People's Armed Forces under the DPRK National Defence Commission issued a statement.
- Rodong Sinmun Calls for Priority to National Reunification KCNA 10 May 2011 -- What is important in realizing the unity of the whole nation is to place the common interests of the nation above ideology and ism.
- S. Korean Authorities Accused of Acts Spoiling Atmosphere of Dialogue KCNA 09 May 2011 -- The south Korean authorities let the U.S. bring Michigan, the nuclear submarine belonging to their 7th Fleet, to Pusan Port on April 30.
- S. Korea Plans to Stage Military Drills in MDL Area KCNA 08 May 2011 -- The 30th Division of the south Korean army is planning to stage field mobile drills in areas of Koyang, Phaju, Ryonchon, Tongduchon and Phochon of Kyonggi Province.
- S. Korean Troops in Afghanistan Attacked KCNA 08 May 2011 -- The south Korean puppet troops in Afghanistan were attacked by rocket launchers on May 5.
- S. Korean War Maneuvers KCNA 07 May 2011 -- The Inchon People for Achieving Peace and Reunification of south Korea and other civic and public organizations in Inchon area at a press conference outside the city office on May 3 denounced the war exercises.
- Seoul Still Quiet After Spying Debacle VOA 04 May 2011 -- An incident at a luxury hotel in South Korea has given a rare public glimpse into the world of international espionage. Agents of the country’s National Intelligence Service, in February, allegedly broke into a hotel room of a member of a delegation representing Indonesia’s president.
- South Korea Stages Artillery Drill at Site of November Attack VOA 03 May 2011 -- South Korea says its forces conducted live-fire artillery exercises on two islands near its sea border with North Korea Tuesday, including one that came under attack from the North during a similar drill last year.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list