Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
November 2011 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF/OND Casualty Update 30 Nov 2011 [PDF]
- Remarks by Vice President Biden at the Conclusion of a Meeting of the U.S.-Iraq Higher Coordinating Committee The White House 30 Nov 2011
- Remarks by Vice President Biden at the Opening of a Meeting of the U.S.-Iraq Higher Coordinating Committee The White House 30 Nov 2011
- Joint Statement by The United States of America and The Republic of Iraq Higher Coordinating Committee The White House 30 Nov 2011
- Background Briefing by a Senior Administration Official to Journalists Traveling with Vice President Biden The White House 30 Nov 2011
- Joint Statement Affirms Strong U.S.-Iraq Partnership AFPS 30 Nov 2011 -- The US and Iraq are beginning a new phase of a partnership that reflects Iraq’s needs and includes a robust security relationship, Vice President Joe Biden said.
- Biden Hails New Phase In Iraq Ties RFE/RL 30 Nov 2011 -- US Vice President Joe Biden says his country and Iraq are entering "a new stage of strategic relations," as U.S. troops prepare to pull out of the country.
- Biden: Pullout Ushers New Phase in US-Iraq Relations VOA 30 Nov 2011 -- US Vice President Joe Biden has told Iraqi leaders in Baghdad that the two countries are embarking on a "new path" as the United States prepares to complete a troop pullout.
- OIF/OEF/OND Casualty Update 29 Nov 2011 [PDF]
- Iran asks for justice against donators of chemical weapons to Saddam IRNA 29 Nov 2011 -- IRI Ambassador and representative to Organization for Non-Proliferation of Chemical Weapons asked for putting to trail donators of chemical weapons to ousted Iraqi dictator's regime, stressing Iran is greatest victim of their usage.
- Vice President Joe Biden in Iraq The White House 29 Nov 2011
- VP Biden Visits Iraq Before US Troops Withdraw VOA 29 Nov 2011 -- US Vice President Joe Biden has made Tuesday a previously unannounced visit to Iraq.
- Biden Arrives in Iraq as Drawdown Enters Final Month AFPS 29 Nov 2011 -- Vice President Joe Biden made an unannounced visit to Baghdad today to meet with Iraqi leaders and thank U.S. service members serving the final month of Operation New Dawn.
- Iraq Oil Spat Puts Focus On Federal Powers RFE/RL 29 Nov 2011 -- An oil-exploration agreement between ExxonMobil and Iraq's Kurdistan regional government has led to a political row.
- OIF/OEF/OND Casualty Update 28 Nov 2011 [PDF]
- Suicide Bombing Outside Iraqi Prison Kills 19 VOA 28 Nov 2011 -- Iraqi officials say a suicide bomber has exploded a vehicle outside a prison near Baghdad, killing 19 people and wounding at least 22 others.
- 19 Killed In Suicide Bombing Near Baghdad RFE/RL 28 Nov 2011 -- Iraqi officials say a suicide car bomber has killed at least 19 people and injured 24 outside a prison north of Baghdad.
- Army General Describes Iraq Drawdown Progress AFPS 25 Nov 2011 -- U.S. forces and equipment are expected to leave Iraq by Dec. 31, Army Brig. Gen. Bradley A. Becker said during a Nov. 22 'DOD Live' Bloggers Roundtable.
- OIF/OEF/OND Casualty Update 25 Nov 2011 [PDF]
- USACE facilitates medical mission in Daykundi province Army News 21 Nov 2011 -- USACE's Afghanistan Engineer District-South periodically visits project sites in remote locations to check on the progress of construction. For sites like Miramor, where the district is overseeing the construction of a uniformed police district headquarters, those visits require helicopter transport and occasionally there are empty seats.
- OIF/OEF/OND Casualty Update 21 Nov 2011 [PDF]
- OIF/OEF/OND Casualty Update 18 Nov 2011 [PDF]
- Iraqi Air Force To Resume Patrols Of Airspace RFE/RL 18 Nov 2011 -- A top Iraqi parliament deputy says an Iraqi fighter plane will patrol the country's airspace next week for the first time since 2003.
- F-16s to strengthen Iraqi air defense, partnership with U.S. AFNS 18 Nov 2011 -- Commander of the Iraqi air force said Iraq's purchase of 18 F-16C Fighting Falcons will encourage and strengthen the strategic partnership between the U.S. and Iraq.
- OIF/OEF/OND Casualty Update 17 Nov 2011 [PDF]
- DOD News Briefing with Maj. Gen. Champoux via Teleconference from Iraq DoD 17 Nov 2011
- Commander Cites ‘Positive Impact’ From Iraq Mission AFPS 17 Nov 2011 -- Most of about 24,000 U.S. service members remaining in Iraq will be home “well before Christmas,” the last U.S. division commander there said.
- Britain's Iraq Inquiry Delayed By Six Months RFE/RL 17 Nov 2011 -- The release of an official British inquiry into the Iraq war will be delayed by at least six months due to debates over access to secret files.
- Deaths Rise as Outlawed Kurdish Guerrillas Continue Fight VOA 17 Nov 2011 -- The Kurds are the world’s largest ethnic minority without a nation of its own. Less than 20 percent live in northern Iraq where they have achieved regional autonomy.
- Iraqi Government Seeks To Employ Gun Control RFE/RL 17 Nov 2011 -- Iraqi PM al-Maliki's government has presented a bill banning the possession of weapons by anyone except military and state security personnel.
- OIF/OEF/OND Casualty Update 16 Nov 2011 [PDF]
- OIF/OEF/OND Casualty Update 15 Nov 2011 [PDF]
- Panetta, Dempsey: U.S.-Iraq Partnership Will Continue AFPS 15 Nov 2011 -- Iraq and its forces are prepared to cope with the security challenges they will face after U.S. troops withdraw, Defense Department leaders told Congress.
- US Officials Defend Troop Pullout From Iraq VOA 15 Nov 2011 -- The top U.S. military officer says he is concerned about the future of Iraq after the withdrawal of U.S. forces.
- OIF/OEF/OND Casualty Update 14 Nov 2011 [PDF]
- Logistical Drawdown Progressing Smoothly in Iraq AFPS 14 Nov 2011 -- The logistical drawdown in Iraq is progressing well and on track to meet the Dec. 31 deadline.
- JB Balad wraps up operations AFNS 14 Nov 2011 -- What was once a bustling hub for U.S. operations in Iraq has now transitioned into a quiet and empty shell of its former self.
- Brig Gen Ja’fari: Iranian, Iraqi nations’ harmony IRNA 14 Nov 2011 -- Commander of Iran’s revolutionary guards said in a meeting with Iraqi Army joint chief of staff harmony between Iranian and Iraqi nations has envies in some countries.
- Iran, Iraq review expansion of military cooperation IRNA 13 Nov 2011 -- Visiting Iraqi Chief of Staff, General Babakir Zebari conferred on Sunday with the commander of the IRGC Ground Force Brigadier General Mohammad Pakpour on expansion of military cooperation.
- Iraqi Government, KRG 'Agree' On Oil/Gas Bill RFE/RL 11 Nov 2011 -- A senior Iraqi official says the Iraqi government and the Kurdish regional government (KRG) have reached a tentative agreement on a contentious oil and gas bill and other issues, RFE/RL's Radio Free Iraq reports.
- OIF/OEF/OND Casualty Update 10 Nov 2011 [PDF]
- OIF/OEF/OND Casualty Update 09 Nov 2011 [PDF]
- Warhorse Soldiers return at last Army News 08 Nov 2011 -- Just shy of a year-long deployment in Iraq, the Warhorse Soldiers made their final stop at Fort Hood and rightfully saying 'mission complete.' The Soldiers with the 3rd Battalion, 8th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division were greeted by spouses, children, parents, close friends, and significant others during a welcome home ceremony held for the unit on Cooper Field, Nov. 2.
- 'Steel Dragon' Soldiers write the final chapter of their Iraq-era legacy Army News 08 Nov 2011 -- After deploying earlier this year, 2nd Battalion, 82nd Field Artillery Regiment, 3rd Advise and Assist Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division is busier than ever on Contingency Operating Base Adder, Iraq as they prepare to apply the final touches to a legacy that has been forged since March 2003.
- Sorting equipment saving money in Iraq drawdown Army News 08 Nov 2011 -- As the number of U.S. troops exiting Iraq increases, so has the amount of equipment that has been used to support their efforts here.
- EMF-K transfers authority to 325th CSH (FWD) Army News 08 Nov 2011 -- The Expeditionary Medical Facility-Kuwait transferred authority to the 325th Combat Support Hospital (Forward) here Nov. 3, marking the end of the Navy's eight year health care mission.
- OIF/OEF/OND Casualty Update 08 Nov 2011 [PDF]
- OIF/OEF/OND Casualty Update 07 Nov 2011 [PDF]
- Military Justice: 2/82 legal advisors partner with Iraqi counterparts Army News 06 Nov 2011 -- Laws are ever-changing. It is important for those involved in the legal system to communicate with each other, have up-to-date knowledge of the law, and be able to represent their clients to the fullest extent.
- Soldiers leaving Iraq, unloading ammunition Army News 05 Nov 2011 -- They waited to the last minute to turn in their ammunition, but that was to be expected. No Soldier wanted to be the last one in Iraq without it.
- U.S. Navy Delivers Sixth Coastal Patrol Boat to Iraq NNS 03 Nov 2011 -- The Navy formally delivered the sixth 35-meter patrol boat (P-305) to the Iraqi navy at the Umm Qasr naval facility in Iraq Nov. 3, after the ship successfully completed reactivation in Bahrain, Oct. 23.
- OIF/OEF/OND Casualty Update 03 Nov 2011 [PDF]
- DOD News Briefing with Maj. Gen. Spoehr via Teleconference from Iraq DoD 03 Nov 2011
- Forces in Iraq Pursue ‘Methodical, Flexible’ Exit Plan AFPS 03 Nov 2011 -- With less than two months left to complete withdrawal, the redeployment operation under way in Iraq is extraordinary.
- US Iraq Withdrawal May Tempt Iran to Fill Void VOA 03 Nov 2011 -- The Obama administration’s decision to pull all U.S. troops out of Iraq by the end of this year could tempt Iran to try extending its influence there.
- Several Killed In Attacks On Anti-Al-Qaeda Militiamen RFE/RL 03 Nov 2011 -- Iraqi officials: At least 3 killed and more than 20 wounded when insurgents attacked a group of government-supported militiamen.
- Defense Min: US strengthens presence in P. Gulf to make up for defeat of exit from Iraq IRNA 03 Nov 2011 -- Minister of Defense and Armed Forces Logistical Affairs: Strengthened US presence in Persian Gulf is a hurried and disparate move, aimed at making up for US defeat of being forced to evacuate military forces from Iraq.
- OIF/OEF/OND Casualty Update 02 Nov 2011 [PDF]
- Air Force assists in historic final transfer of Iraq's airspace AFNS 02 Nov 2011 -- With the Air Force's assistance, Iraq now has full air traffic control responsibility for the country's airspace for the first time since 2003.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list