18 May 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 18 May 2007 [PDF]
- PATROL STRUCK BY IED SOUTH OF BAGHDAD
- DoD Announces Change-In-Status Of Army Soldier
- MND-B units attacked during operations
- Task Force Lightning Soldiers attacked
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Transcript: Special DoD Briefing with COL Simcock on Ongoing Security Operations In Western Iraq from the Pentagon Briefing Room, Arlington Va. 18 May 2007 -- Presenter: Colonel Richard Simcock, Commander, Regimental Combat Team Six
- May 17 aipower summary: Lancers provide overwatch AFPN 18 May 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan in the following operations May 17, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- U.S., Iraqi Units Continue Search for Missing Soldiers AFPS 18 May 2007 -- Search efforts continue for three missing U.S. soldiers who are believed to have been abducted by al Qaeda on May 12 in Quarghuli Village, Iraq.
- Two Car Bombs Prevented, Eight Others Take Toll in Iraq AFPS 18 May 2007 -- Iraqi and coalition forces prevented two car bomb attacks but were unable to stop eight others May 16 in Iraq, military officials reported.
- Vehicle maintainers keep Balad rollin' AFPN 18 May 2007 -- Some of the dirtiest combat boots on base can be found in hardened aircraft shelters where vehicle maintainers with the 332nd Expeditionary Logistics Readiness Squadron work elbow deep in grease-covered auto parts and claim "the only thing we can't fix is your driving."
- 1-15 INFANTRY CONDUCTS OPERATION BEACH YELLOW CENTCOM 18 May 2007 -- Iraqi and U.S. forces detained four suspected insurgents during Operation Beach Yellow in the town of Dura-iya May 14.
- NAVELSG Returns from Deployment Navy NewsStand 18 May 2007 -- Reserve Sailors from Navy Expeditionary Logistics Support Group (NAVELSG) Port Group Echo returned to Naval Station Norfolk, May 16 after a seven-month deployment in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- Impatience With Progress in Iraq Troubles Marine Commandant AFPS 18 May 2007 -- Many Marines are concerned that Americans aren't willing to invest enough time for success in Iraq, the Corps' top officer said here yesterday.
- Marine Commander Attributes Fallujah Success to Troop Surge AFPS 18 May 2007 -- Higher troops levels are a major contributor to the success of operations in Iraq, especially in cities like Fallujah, a U.S. commander of troops in the western city said during a news conference today.
- Compromise on US Bill Funding Iraq War Remains Elusive VOA 18 May 2007 -- Closed door negotiations between the White House and congressional leaders on a bill to continue funding the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan ended Friday without agreement
- Analysis: Lengthening Political Shadows of Iraq cfr.org 18 May 2007 -- On the surface, the presidential candidates' rhetoric on Iraq seems to be a natural extension of the partisan dispute that has buffeted a war-funding bill in Congress this year
- Ban Ki-moon urges compromise on Iraq's Constitution UN News Centre 18 May 2007 -- United Nations Secretary-General today urged Iraqi leaders to compromise on the Constitution in the interests of the country as a whole.
- 2 Iraqi ABC Journalists Killed in Baghdad Ambush VOA 18 May 2007 -- The U.S. television network ABC says two Iraqi journalists from its Baghdad bureau were ambushed and killed Friday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|