Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
09 May 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 09 May 2007 [PDF]
- TASK FORCE LIGHTNING SOLDIERS ATTACKED
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD News: DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- Weekly press conference with Maj. Gen. Willian Caldwell IV, spokesman, MNF-I, and Maj. Gen. David Edgington, director, Air Component Coordination Element, MNF-I, May 9, 2007 MNF-I 09 May 2007 -- TOPIC: SECURITY OPERATIONS IN IRAQ
- Transcript: DoD Operational Update Briefing with Secretary Gates and General Pace from the Pentagon Briefing Room, Arlington Va 09 May 2007 -- Presenter: Secretary of Defense Robert M. Gates and Joint Chiefs of Staff General Peter Pace
- May 8 airpower: F-15Es provide overwatch power AFPN 09 May 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan in the following operations May 8, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Two Insurgents Killed, 34 Nabbed in Iraq AFPS 09 May 2007 -- Coalition forces killed two insurgents, detained 34 others and destroyed improvised explosive devices in Iraq over the past three days.
- NMCB 4 Seabees Transform Lakes of Mud into Gravel Parking Lots Navy NewsStand 09 May 2007 -- What had been large lakes of mud due to a recent rainstorm are now gravel parking lots for the Camp Ramadi dining facility and exchange thanks to the Seabees of Naval Mobile Construction Battalion (NMCB) 4, who completed the work April 26.
- May 7 airpower: Tankers key to show-of-force operations AFPN 09 May 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan in the following operations May 7, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- NPDB 3 Begins Mission in Bucca, NPDB 2 Remains Navy NewsStand 09 May 2007 -- The last major group of more than 400 Sailors assigned to Navy Provisional Detainee Battalion (NPDB) 3 arrived here May 8 to begin their tour at the largest Theater Internment Facility in Iraq.
- Gates: September Evaluation Won't Lead to Precipitous Withdrawal From Iraq AFPS 09 May 2007 -- The Baghdad security plan is taking time to implement and will take time to produce results, so the evaluation of the plan in September, even if it's negative, likely won't lead to any precipitous actions, such as withdrawing all troops, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates told reporters at the Pentagon today.
- World Community Expects Unity from Iraqi Government, U.S. Says Washington File 09 May 2007 -- Two recent international conferences in Egypt resulted in pledges of more than $30 billion in assistance to Iraq, as well as strong support for the success of the embattled Iraqi government, a senior U.S. diplomat says.
- Cheney: Iraqi Leaders Must Make Progress on Security, Political Issues VOA 09 May 2007 -- U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney was in Baghdad on Wednesday, where he said Iraqi officials are showing a greater sense of urgency in reconciling political divisions
- US Defense Secretary Rejects Any Rapid Pullout From Iraq VOA 09 May 2007 -- Defense Secretary Robert Gates says he does not expect a swift pullout of U.S. troops from Iraq regardless of the conclusions of a planned September evaluation of the ongoing build-up of U.S. forces in the country
- Pentagon Chief: US Pullout From Iraq Could Begin This Year VOA 09 May 2007 -- Defense Secretary Robert Gates says the United States could begin withdrawing troops from Iraq later this year if progress is made in reducing violence and toward political reconciliation
- September Looms As Key Month in US Debate Over Iraq VOA 09 May 2007 -- September is looming as a key month in the U.S. political debate over the war in Iraq
- General Discusses Milestones for Stability in Iraq's Anbar Province AFPS 09 May 2007 -- Continued vigilance against al Qaeda, improved governance and focused reconstruction are vital to continued success in Iraq's Anbar province, a top military official said today.
- Gates: Early Iraq Withdrawal Would Have 'Dire' Consequences for U.S. AFPS 09 May 2007 -- The United States has a responsibility to leave Iraq with a sense of stability or else face a stronger enemy that threatens the region and Americans at home, Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said in congressional testimony here today.
- Cheney Notes 'Greater Sense of Urgency' Among Iraqi Leaders AFPS 09 May 2007 -- After meeting with Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki and other Iraqi leaders in Baghdad today, Vice President Richard B. Cheney said he noticed "a greater sense of urgency now than I'd seen previously" on the part of those leaders to meet their obligations toward continuing the country's progress.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list