Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
18 November 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 18 Nov 2005 [PDF]
- ONE SOLDIER KILLED, TWO SOLDIERS WOUNDED IN ACCIDENT
- U.S. SOLDIER KILLED IN BUS ACCIDENT
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- Transcript: News Briefing with Col. James Brown 18 Nov 2005 -- Presenter: Col. James Brown, commander 56th Brigade Combat Team, Texas Army National Guard
- Explosions Kill At Least 70 in Iraq VOA 18 Nov 2005 -- Four suicide bombings in two separate locations in Iraq have caused numerous casualties and damage.
- 101st Soldiers find weapons cache west of Baghdad MNF-I 18 Nov 2005 -- After receiving a tip from a local resident, Soldiers from 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division uncovered what turned out to be a large weapons cache west of Baghdad.
- Iraqi, U.S. forces respond to car bomb attack MNF-I 18 Nov 2005 -- Iraqi Security Forces and Task Force Baghdad Soldiers responded to reports of two explosions in central Baghdad around 8:20 a.m. Nov. 18.
- Iraqi Mosque Death Toll More Than 50 RFE/RL 18 Nov 2005 -- Two suicide bombers killed at least 54 people and wounded at least 60 others when they blew themselves up inside two crowded Shi'ite mosques in a northeastern Iraqi town today.
- One Soldier Killed, Two Injured in Vehicle Accident AFPS 18 Nov 2005 -- A 101st Sustainment Brigade soldier was killed and two others were injured Nov. 17 in a vehicle accident during a combat logistical patrol north of Tal Afar, Iraq, military officials reported.
- Iraqi, U.S. Forces Respond to Car Bomb Attack AFPS 18 Nov 2005 -- Military officials in Iraq have provided more details concerning the response to today's two suicide-bomb attacks in central Baghdad.
- Team Builds Border Post to Enhance Iraq's Security AFPS 18 Nov 2005 -- The Iraq/Syria border is a seemingly arbitrary line scratched into the sand, punctuated occasionally by cone-shaped stone marker piles, which are often the highest points around.
- Weapons Cache Grows as Soldiers Keep Digging AFPS 18 Nov 2005 -- After receiving a tip from a local resident, soldiers from 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division, uncovered what turned out to be a large weapons cache west of Baghdad.
- Brigade Commander: As Iraq Progresses, Now No Time for U.S. to Leave AFPS 18 Nov 2005 -- U.S. forces need to remain in Iraq until their job is finished, particularly in light of progress already made, the commander of a Texas Army National Guard brigade that's wrapping up its deployment there told Pentagon reporters today.
- Task Force Soldiers respond to Khanaqin bombings MNF-I 18 Nov 2005 -- Soldiers from 1st Squadron, 32nd Cavalry, 101st Airborne Division are assisting Iraqi security forces in response to twin bombings in Khanaqin, Iraq.
- Operation Steel Curtain update MNF-I 18 Nov 2005 -- Iraqi Army Soldiers and Marines, Soldiers and Sailors continue Operation al Hajip Elfulathi (Steel Curtain) in the al Qaim region November 18.
- Iraqi, U.S. forces respond to car bomb attack update MNF-I 18 Nov 2005 -- Iraqi security forces and Task Force Baghdad Soldiers quickly began search-and-rescue operations in the wake of two suicide car bomb attacks in central Baghdad around 8:20 a.m. Nov. 18.
- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers defeat terrorists in suburb MNF-I 18 Nov 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers successfully repelled a terrorist attack near Jisr Diyala Nov. 15.
- Successful raid nets terrorist and IED making materials MNF-I 18 Nov 2005 -- A raid near Ad Dawr Nov. 17 by 1st Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, resulted in the capture of one terrorist, the death of another and the confiscation of improvised explosive device making materials.
- Task Force Soldiers respond to Khanaqin Bombings MNF-I 18 Nov 2005 -- Soldiers from 1st Squadron, 32nd Cavalry, 101st Airborne Division are assisting Iraqi security forces in response to twin bombings in Khanaqin, Iraq
- CENTAF releases airpower summary AFPN 18 Nov 2005 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released today's the airpower summary report.
- Building Iraqi air force is tough job AFPN 18 Nov 2005 -- Building a nation's air force from the runway up is never going to be easy, a fact one can see at first glance. Dig a layer deeper, and the issues increase dramatically.
- 101st Soldiers find weapons cache west of Baghdad Army News 18 Nov 2005 -- After receiving a tip from a local resident, Soldiers from 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division uncovered what turned out to be a large weapons cache west of Baghdad.
- Iraqi Army grabs terrorists in Sadr City as renovations continue Army News 18 Nov 2005 -- Iraqi Army Soldiers raided the residences of suspected terrorists in Sadr City and detained 19 men Nov. 14.
- CENTCOM Report, November 18: Iraq Update Washington File 18 Nov 2005 -- A U.S. Army officer who has logged 33,000 miles traversing southern, central and western portions of Iraq says the U.S. military has to finish the job it started.
- Iraq: Sunni-Shi'ite Tensions High On Eve Of Arab Conference RFE/RL 18 Nov 2005 -- Reports of the alleged torture of Sunni Arab detainees by Interior Ministry security forces led to an escalation of tensions between Sunni and Shi'ite Arabs in Iraq this week ahead of an Arab League-sponsored Iraqi reconciliation conference scheduled to convene in Cairo on 19 November.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list