Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
17 October 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 17 Oct 2005 [PDF]
- MARINE KILLED BY IED IN SAQLAWIYAH
- FIVE SOLDIERS KILLED IN RAMADI
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- Al Qaeda Leader's Letter Questions Zarqawi Tactics AFPS 17 Oct 2005 -- A letter from al Qaeda's second-in-command Ayman al-Zawahiri, intended for Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the al Qaeda terrorist leader in Iraq, chided Zarqawi for some of his tactics.
- Marine Dies in Attack; Forces Capture Weapons, Kill Terrorists AFPS 17 Oct 2005 -- A Marine assigned to Regimental Combat Team 8, 2nd Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward), died when his vehicle was attacked with an improvised explosive device in Saqlawiyah, Iraq, on Oct. 15.
- An estimated 70 terrorists killed near Ramadi MNF-I 17 Oct 2005 -- Coalition forces continued counter-terrorism operations in areas of Al Anbar Province Oct. 16, killing an estimated 70 terrorists in separate actions.
- Citizen's tip helps Soldiers find terrorist weapons cache MNF-I 17 Oct 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers, acting on a tip from an Iraqi citizen, seized a large weapons cache in west Baghdad Oct. 16.
- Marines destroy terrorist cave complex MNF-I 17 Oct 2005 -- Marines destroyed a terrorist cave complex used as a weapons cache and bomb-making factory early Oct. 17 near Haqlaniyah.
- Troops help protect Iraqi polls Army News 17 Oct 2005 -- Combined forces throughout Iraq stepped up security efforts during the constitutional referendum vote Oct. 15, resulting in few attacks to disrupt the democratic process.
- Mosul is policing its own Army News 17 Oct 2005 -- The Mosul city government and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers or USACE, are working together to renovate eight Mosul police stations.
- Security Council, Annan hail bravery of Iraqis who voted on constitution UN News Centre 17 Oct 2005 -- The United Nations Security Council and Secretary-General Kofi Annan today both praised the bravery of the Iraqi people for voting in Saturday's constitutional referendum and looked forward to national elections slated for December.
- United Nations Security Council Praises Iraqi Voters Washington File 17 Oct 2005 -- Stressing the importance of inclusiveness, reconciliation and national unity, the Security Council October 17 commended Iraqi voters for their participation in the October 15 referendum on a new constitution.
- UN Judge Criticizes Saddam Hussein Trial RFE/RL 17 Oct 2005 -- A senior United Nations judge has added his voice to criticism that the trial of former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein will not fulfill the necessary standards of fairness.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list