Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
29 September 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Mobilized Reservists Deploy to Kuwait, Iraq Navy NewsStand 29 Sep 2005 -- More than 450 Reservists from Naval Expeditionary Logistics Support Force (NAVELSF) "Charlie," a mobilization of Navy cargo handlers, departed from the Naval Station Norfolk AMC terminal Sept. 27 bound for Kuwait - and ultimately Iraq - for duty in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- NMCB-21 Navy Reserve Seabees Prepare to Mobilize Navy NewsStand 29 Sep 2005 -- Approximately 150 Navy Reserve Seabees from Naval Mobile Construction Battalion (NMCB) 21 will be reporting to their Navy Reserve centers (NRC) in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania in October to mobilize and deployment to Kuwait and Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- Pentagon: Coming Elections Critical to US Future in Iraq VOA 29 Sep 2005 -- Senior U.S. generals expressed the hope Thursday that they will be able to begin reducing the number of foreign troops in Iraq next year, but they emphasized that any decisions will depend on the situation on the ground, and that the next couple of months will be critical.
- Will, Resolve Key to Defeating Terror, Leaders Say AFPS 29 Sep 2005 -- U.S. leaders of the American effort in Iraq told senators that U.S. strategy in the country is correct and that Americans must see it through.
- General Predicts Victory Through Iraqi People's Determination AFPS 29 Sep 2005 -- The determination of the Iraqi people to resist terrorists and to advance the cause of democracy in their country is what will win the war there, a military official in Baghdad said today.
- Bush Warns Of More Violence In Iraq RFE/RL 29 Sep 2005 -- U.S. President George W. Bush has warned of an increase in violence in Iraq, while defending his administration's handling of the war.
- Lawmakers Call On Bush to Announce Plan For US Withdrawal From Iraq VOA 29 Sep 2005 -- President Bush's latest statements about U.S. military strategy against insurgents and terrorists in Iraq have provoked more debate between Democrats and Republicans in Congress, and others about the best course for the United States.
- US Commander Backtracks on Iraq Withdrawal Prediction VOA 29 Sep 2005 -- The commanding general of U.S. and coalition forces in Iraq is backing off of a prediction he made two months ago that a substantial number of U.S. forces could be withdrawn from Iraq next year
- Article 32 hearing set for Task Force Liberty Soldier MNF-I 29 Sep 2005 -- The Article 32 Investigation for Staff Sgt. Alberto B. Martinez, formerly of Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 42nd Infantry Division (Mechanized), has been rescheduled for Oct. 31 - Nov. 2 in Kuwait.
- Iraqis Ready to Vote on Constitution VOA 29 Sep 2005 -- A recent survey conducted by the U.S.-based International Republican Institute shows that more than 80 percent of Iraqis plan to vote in the October 15 referendum on the country's draft constitution.
- Sunni Leader Announces 'No' Vote Campaign RFE/RL 29 Sep 2005 -- RFE/RL's Radio Free Iraq (RFI) spoke with Salih al-Mutlaq, a Sunni Arab representative in the constitution-drafting committee and the spokesman for the National Dialogue Council.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list