Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
28 September 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 28 Sep 2005 [PDF]
- MARINE KILLED NEAR FALLUJAH
- ONE SOLDIER KILLED; ONE SOLDIER WOUNDED BY IED ATTACK
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- DoD Identifies Navy Casualty
- MARINE KILLED IN AR RAMADI
- Soldier and Airman killed in IED attack
- Marine, Soldier Killed in Iraq; Terror Suspects Captured AFPS 28 Sep 2005 -- One 56th Brigade Combat Team soldier died and another was wounded as a result of an improvised-explosive-device attack during a combat logistics patrol at about 10:45 a.m. today near Safwan, Iraq, military officials reported.
- Soldier Killed in Ramadi; Iraqi Forces Detain Attacker AFPS 28 Sep 2005 -- A soldier assigned to 2nd Marine Division, 2nd Marine Expeditionary Force (Forward), was killed in action Sept. 27 by small-arms fire while conducting combat operations in Ramadi, Iraq, military officials reported today.
- 'Screaming Eagles' mark second Iraq deployment with ceremony Army News 28 Sep 2005 -- The 101st Airborne Division colors were cased in a ceremony at division headquarters Sept. 23, marking the beginning of the division's second deployment in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- At Least 6 Killed By Female Suicide Bomber In Iraq RFE/RL 28 Sep 2005 -- At least six people were killed and around 30 wounded when a female suicide bomber blew herself up today near a group of people waiting in line in Tal Afar, in northern Iraq.
- Female Suicide Bomber Hits Iraqi Army Recruits in Tal Afar VOA 28 Sep 2005 -- A female suicide bomber has blown herself up outside an Iraqi army recruiting center in northern Iraq, killing at least six would-be recruits and injuring more than 30 others.
- Coalition operations catch 9 terror suspects red-handed MNF-I 28 Sep 2005 -- Soldiers from a 3rd Brigade, 1st Armored Division patrol detained nine suspected terrorists in three separate incidents while conducting security and stability operations near Taji on Sept. 27.
- Suicide bomber attacks civilians at Civil Military Operations Center MNF-I 28 Sep 2005 -- Iraqi Army and Coalition Soldiers responded to a suicide bomber attack in Tal Afar on the morning of Sept. 28.
- Sadr City gets $86.5 million in infrastructure improvements Army News 28 Sep 2005 -- Sadr City residents say they're definitely seeing a difference as nearly $86.5 million in infrastructure improvements have been completed with an additional $246 million ongoing.
- Bush: Americans Need to Know About Gains in Iraq AFPS 28 Sep 2005 -- Iraqi security forces are increasing in size and capability, and American forces are constantly adapting their tactics to fight the ever-changing tactics of terrorists in Iraq, President Bush said here today.
- Bush Anticipates More Iraqi Violence VOA 28 Sep 2005 -- President Bush expects more violence before next month's constitutional referendum in Iraq. Mr. Bush says that violence is meant to frighten voters and break the will of America, but the president says he has a plan to win.
- Bush Praises "Increasing Effectiveness" of Iraqi Forces Washington File 28 Sep 2005 -- President Bush praised the growing number and "increasing effectiveness" of Iraqi forces, and said that together with coalition forces in the country, "we are on the offense" against insurgents and "have a plan to win."
- Court sentences England to 3 years Army News 28 Sep 2005 -- The last Soldier to be tried for prisoner abuse at Abu Ghraib was sentenced to three years confinement Sept. 27 at Fort Hood's Williams Judicial Center.
- Iraq: Prisoner Abuse Woman Sentenced To 3 Years RFE/RL 28 Sep 2005 -- Lynndie England, the U.S. soldier pictured holding a naked Iraqi prisoner on a leash, has been sentenced to three years in prison and given a dishonorable discharge from the U.S. Army for abusing detainees at Abu Ghraib prison
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list