Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
28 August 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- U.S. Ambassador: Draft Iraqi Constitution Meets Basic Needs AFPS 28 Aug 2005 -- The draft constitution signed in Iraq today provides a strong basis for further progress in Iraq and will adapt to remain relevant as the country changes, the U.S. ambassador to Iraq said today.
- Rice Congratulates Iraqis on Constitution AFPS 28 Aug 2005 -- The draft constitution signed in Iraq today marks another critical step forward along the pathway to a free, prosperous and democratic Iraq, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said today.
- Bush Urges Iraqis to Close Ranks Behind Draft Constitution VOA News 28 Aug 2005 -- President Bush is urging Iraqis to embrace the constitutional process, now that a final draft of the charter has been presented to parliament.
- New Iraqi Constitution Advances Democracy, U.S. Ambassador Says Washington File 28 Aug 2005 -- The new draft Iraqi constitution protects the principles of human rights and democracy while also recognizing the nation's Islamic traditions and heritage, the U.S. ambassador to Iraq, Zalmay Khalilzad, said in televised interviews August 28 on NBC's Meet the Press and CNN's Late Edition.
- Bush, Rice Congratulate Iraq on Completion of Draft Constitution Washington File 28 Aug 2005 -- In remarks from his ranch in Texas August 28, President Bush congratulated Iraqi political leaders on completing the process for drafting a permanent constitution, calling them "an inspiration to all who share the universal values of freedom, democracy, and the rule of law"
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list