Three North African terrorists killed in Mosul
BAGHDAD , Iraq – Three North African terrorists were killed during security operations in northern Mosul August 27th. Tips from concerned citizens and recently acquired intelligence led Multi-National forces to the safe house where they found and killed the foreign terrorists.
· Abu Mujahir, Tunisian, was a facilitator of foreign fighters and foreign suicide bombers in the Mosul area. He is also alleged to have received and dispersed money from Abu Khallad to finance fighters under his control. Abu Khallad's death at the hands of Coalition forces was officially reported on August 27th.
· Abu Dur , Algerian, was subordinate to Abu Muhajir and helped him to direct foreign fighters as well as numerous bombing attacks in the Mosul area.
· Abu Uthman , Algerian, another subordinate of Abu Muhajir and a foreign fighter facilitator.
“The killing of these foreign terrorists and capture and killing of more than 100 other foreign fighters during the last six months in the Mosul area continues to demonstrate the coalition's success in disrupting of the Al-Qaida in Iraq (AQIZ) terrorist network and those who support them,” said Col. Billy J. Buckner, Multi-national Corps spokesman.
The safe house where the incident occurred was used to hide foreign fighters from local Iraqis. As Coalition forces approached the house, they were fired on by the terrorists. Coalition forces immediately returned fire and killed all three individuals.
· During the week of Aug 20 through 26 in operations throughout Iraq , Multi-national forces captured four bomb makers, killed or captured six foreign fighters, found and cleared 115 improvised explosive devices and detained more than 500 Anti-Iraqi Forces.
· On Thursday, Multi-national forces killed Abu Khallad, a major facilitator of foreign fighters and suicide bombers in northern Iraq .
· Terrorist Abu Zubair, also know as Mohammed Salah Sultan, was killed Aug 12 by Iraqi Security Forces in an ambush in Mosul .
To provide information on terrorists and former regime members call the nationwide tips hotline at 130 (within Baghdad ) and 01-130 (outside of Baghdad ).
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT MULTI-NATIONAL CORPS-IRAQ,
BY E-MAIL AT MNCI-PAO-VICTORYMAINJOC@IRAQ.CENTCOM.MIL.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|