Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
28 June 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Remarks by the President on the War on Terror The White House 28 Jun 2005
- President Bush Tells America Iraq War is Worth the Costs VOA 28 Jun 2005 -- President Bush says America must stay the course in Iraq, despite the high cost in lives and dollars.
- 'As Iraqis Stand Up, We Will Stand Down,' Bush Tells Nation AFPS 28 Jun 2005 -- On the one-year anniversary of the transfer of sovereignty in Iraq to a transitional Iraqi government, President Bush tonight promised that U.S. forces would remain in Iraq until the job is complete, "but not one day longer."
- Bush to Seek Renewed Support on Iraq VOA 28 Jun 2005 -- President Bush gives a nationwide address Tuesday on the first anniversary of the transfer of sovereignty in Iraq.
- Rumsfeld Says Media Show Only 'Negative' Side of Iraq War AFPS 28 Jun 2005 -- Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld took to the airwaves June 27 to clear up what he characterized as "misinformation" by the media about the war in Iraq, telling radio listeners in Kansas City, Mo., that "the news media seem to want to carry the negative."
- Rice: Insurgents Will Fail To Stop Iraqi Political Progress AFPS 28 Jun 2005 -- A year to the day after a new, democratic government assumed sovereignty in Iraq, insurgents there still are seeking to derail the country's political progress through violence, the State Department's senior official said today.
- Rice Sees Iraq's Political Process as Key to Defeating Insurgents Washington File 28 Jun 2005 -- The ongoing political process in Iraq is the key to defeating the insurgency, achieving stability in the country and bringing an end to the need for coalition forces, according to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
- Iraqi President Denies Insurgents Contacted RFE/RL 28 Jun 2005 -- Iraqi President Jalal Talabani said today that the Iraqi government is not in contact with insurgents in Iraq, adding that if U.S. forces are negotiating with insurgents, that is their decision.
- IRAQ: Thousands of Karabila residents return IRIN 28 Jun 2005 -- Thousands of residents are gradually returning to the town of Karabila, 325 km west of the capital, Baghdad, after fleeing a heavy US-led attack two weeks ago but for many there is little to go back to.
- IRAQ: Focus on forthcoming trial of Saddam Hussein IRIN 28 Jun 2005 -- A'amel Abdul Juad, 33, held a photo of her parents and recalled the tragic day when the men from the regime of former president, Saddam Hussein broke into her house and shot her father and brothers. Her mother was raped and later died leaving her an orphan, alone in the world.
- Iraqis Mark One Year Of Self-Rule RFE/RL 28 Jun 2005 -- One year has passed since the Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA) transferred power to Iraqis on 28 June 2004. While the ongoing terrorism against civilians and Iraqi and multinational forces dominates the media coverage, slow but steady progress has been made on the political front.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list