29 April 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 29 Apr 2005 [PDF]
- ONE TASK FORCE LIBERTY SOLDIER KILLED, FOUR WOUNDED BY IED
- Soldier Died and Two Injured In VBIED Attack
- TWO SOLDIERS KILLED NEAR DIYARAH
- Transcript: Defense Department Regular Briefing 29 Apr 2005 -- Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs Larry Di Rita
- Deadly Car Bombs Rock Baghdad VOA 29 Apr 2005 -- A spate of car bombs around the Iraqi capital has left at least 30 people dead and more than 90 injured.
- Coalition Forces detain six, seize weapons cache in northern Iraq MNF-I/MNC-I 29 Apr 2005 -- Coalition Forces from 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division (Stryker Brigade Combat Team) detained six suspected terrorists and seized a number of weapons during operations in northern Iraq April 28.
- Insurgent Attacks Kill At Least 29 Iraqis, Wound 90 RFE/RL 29 Apr 2005 -- Insurgents launched a series of car bomb attacks in Baghdad today that have killed at least 29 Iraqis and wounded at least 90 others just one day after legislators approved a partial cabinet under Prime Minister-designate Ibrahim al-Ja'fari, Iraqi officials reported.
- Fuels Airmen cultivate Balad farm AFPN 29 Apr 2005 -- Working on a farm in the Iraqi desert may not be something many American picture their troops doing, but Airmen of the 332nd Expeditionary Logistics Readiness Squadron's fuels management flight maintain a fuel bladder farm here to keep the mission flying.
- US, Italy Reach No Agreement on Shooting of Italian Agent in Iraq VOA 29 Apr 2005 -- Italy and the United States have not been able to reach an agreement on a joint investigation into the killing of an Italian agent shot by U.S. forces in Baghdad. The two governments issued a joint statement saying the investigation was over but there were no shared final conclusions.
- Bush Pleased With Progress in Iraq, Explains N. Korea Steps AFPS 29 Apr 2005 -- President Bush said the Iraqi people are making good progress in creating a democracy in the nation and said that as the democracy takes root, more people will see the benefits.
- Akbar gets death penalty Army News 29 Apr 2005 -- Sgt. Hasan Akbar was sentenced to death by a military panel at 8:40 p.m. April 28.
- Annan appeals for end to violence in Iraq UN News Centre 29 Apr 2005 -- United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan today urged an end to violence in Iraq, saying it was unfortunate that the designation of a new government coincided with the atrocities that took place earlier Friday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|