Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
28 March 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Truman Strike Group Heads Home, Vinson Strike Group Takes Watch Navy NewsStand 28 Mar 2005 -- The USS Harry S. Truman (CVN 75) Carrier Strike Group concluded operations in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) and maritime security operations (MSO) March 19, after being relieved by the USS Carl Vinson (CVN 70) Carrier Strike Group in the Persian Gulf.
- Seeking political inclusiveness, UN envoy meets with Iraq's top Shiite cleric UN News Centre 28 Mar 2005 -- The senior United Nations envoy for Iraq has met with the country's top Shiite Muslim cleric as he begins his ninth week of intensive consultations to ensure that all elements of Iraqi society take part in writing a new constitution after Sunni Arabs largely stayed away from January's elections.
- Engineers Work Together to Improve Iraq's Power Production AFPS 28 Mar 2005 -- As March draws to a close, temperatures in Iraq are on the rise. Getting more electricity on the national grid is of foremost concern as the summer months draw near.
- IRAQ/PARLIAMENT VOA 28 Mar 2005 -- In Iraq, the 270 members of the recently elected parliament are gathering (eds: gathered) Tuesday to choose senior government leaders and get down to the business of running the country, two years after the fall of Saddam Hussein. Leaders want to form a government of national unity.
- Iraqi Media Monitoring UNAMI 28 Mar 2005
- RFE/RL Iraq Report, Volume 8, Number 11 28 Mar 2005 -- MILITIAMEN PUSH THEIR VERSION OF ISLAM IN THE ABSENCE OF THE RULE OF LAW / RFE INTERVIEWS AL-BASRAH UNIVERSITY STUDENTS / RFI INTERVIEWS AL-BASRAH PARLIAMENTARIAN SALAM AL-MALIKI ABOUT AL-SADR-STUDENT DISPUTE / IRAQ-JORDAN DISPUTE PORTENDS ECONOMIC PROBLEMS FOR AMMAN
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list