Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
22 March 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Graduation puts all 27 Iraqi battalions on line Army News 22 Mar 2005 -- With the graduation of nearly 1,500 soldiers at the Kirkush Military Training Base March 20, all 27 battalions of nine brigades in the new Iraqi Army are now operational.
- Iraqi SWAT training nears halfway point Army News 22 Mar 2005 -- Iraq, with some assistance from U.S. trainers, is approaching the halfway point in fielding its Special Weapons and Tactics teams to each governorate.
- Iraq President Says 'No Crisis' With Jordan RFE/RL 22 Mar 2005 -- Iraq's outgoing President Ghazi al-Yawar said today there is no crisis in relations with Jordan.
- DUMA DEPUTY: U.S. INVADED IRAQ TO DISTRACT TERRORISTS RIA Novosti 22 Mar 2005 -- The war in Iraq made it possible for the United States to distract terrorists from attacking its territory, Andrei Kokoshin, head of the State Duma committee for the CIS and relations with Russians abroad, said at the press conference Tuesday.
- PUTIN: IRAQI ELECTION - HALLMARK IN POLITICAL SETTLEMENT PROCESS RIA Novosti 22 Mar 2005 -- Russia assumes the Iraqi election proved to be an important event in bolstering the political settlement process despite the harsh conditions it had been held in, reads the address by Russian President Vladimir Putin to participants in the Arab summit meeting in Algeria.
- IRAQ'S SECOND ANNIVERSARY US Dept. of State IIP, Foreign Media Reaction 22 Mar 2005
- Iraqi Media Monitoring UNAMI 22 Mar 2005
- RFE/RL Iraq Report, Volume 8, Number 10 22 Mar 2005 -- IRAQ TWO YEARS ON: PROGRESS AND CHALLENGES / NO NEW GOVERNMENT: NEGOTIATIONS STALL IN FORMATION OF IRAQI GOVERNMENT / ARAB MEDIA: CONTRIBUTING TO INSTABILITY IN IRAQ / INTERVIEW: RADIO FREE IRAQ TALKS TO PREMIER CANDIDATE AL-JA'FARI
- IRAQ: Extra semester for Fallujah students IRIN 22 Mar 2005 -- Some Iraqi NGOs are calling on the Ministry of Education to add a summer semester for students from Fallujah city to make up for lost academic time as a result of schools closing during the November 2004 to January 2005 conflict between insurgents and US-led Coalition troops.
- IRAQ: Demonstrators defy eviction IRIN 22 Mar 2005 -- Over 300 people demonstrated on Tuesday at the gates of the heavily fortified Green Zone in the Iraqi capital Baghdad, calling on the government to allow them to stay in government buildings as they have no homes following the conflict in 2003.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list