14 March 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 14 Mar 2005 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Violence In Iraq Kills More Civilians RFE/RL 14 Mar 2005 -- Several people were killed or injured in Iraq in separate attacks around the country.
- Iraqis guide Task Force Liberty Soldiers to launch site MNF-I/MNC-i 14 Mar 2005 -- Iraqi civilians guided Task Force Liberty Soldiers to a rocket-launch site near Hawija, leading to the detention of three suspects found near the area at about 3 p.m. March 14.
- Two Iraqis detained with TNT, blasting caps MNF-I/MNC-i 14 Mar 2005 -- Task Force Liberty Soldiers detained two Iraqi civilians with a large amount of explosives during a raid near Mansuriyah about 11:30 p.m. March 14.
- Insurgents `relieved' to be captured by Iraqi police Army News 14 Mar 2005 -- Iraqi police commandos seized illicit weapons and captured several insurgents over the weekend, including a Saudi who denounced the insurgency and reportedly said he was "relieved" to be captured.
- Seabee Divers Survey Iraqi Piers Navy NewsStand 14 Mar 2005 -- Underwater Construction Team (UCT) 1, Air Det. Alfa Seabees completed a survey of all waterfront facilities at the Iraqi naval base in Umm Qasr March 10.
- CONGRESS / IRAQ SPENDING VOA 14 Mar 2005 -- The House of Representatives (Tuesday) begins debating President Bush's request for nearly 82 billion dollars to support U.S. troops and pay for other needs in Iraq and Afghanistan. House action comes as lawmakers ask more questions about the success the United States and its coalition partners have had to date in training Iraqi military and police forces.
- IRAQ / MILITARY VOA 14 Mar 2005 -- A congressional investigator and some members of the House of Representatives strongly criticized the U.S. Defense Department's claims about the training of Iraq's new security forces during a hearing on Monday.
- Iraqis Increasingly Taking Fight to Enemy, Petraeus Says AFPS 14 Mar 2005 -- Iraqi security forces are taking the fight to the enemy and will need to work to sustain their momentum, the U.S. Army general responsible for training the Iraqis said here today.
- Iraqi Forces Aim for Independent Operations AFPS 14 Mar 2005 -- Enabling Iraqi forces to conduct independent counterinsurgency operations is now the goal of coalition forces in Iraq, the commander of Multinational Corps Iraq said here today.
- Iraqis Train Iraqis at Tikrit Academy AFPS 14 Mar 2005 -- The scene would have been unremarkable at any training base in the U.S. military: A group was learning squad tactics, and drill sergeants were standing by correcting them as needed.
- Iraqi Kurds, Shi'a Still Negotiating New Government RFE/RL 14 Mar 2005 -- Kurdish and Shi'ite leaders are meeting today in Baghdad to continue talks on forming a coalition government.
- Iraq: Ex-Italian hostage to leave hospital soon IRNA 14 Mar 2005 -- An Italian ex-hostage in Iraq is 'fine' after a second operation for complications from injuries sustained when she was caught in friendly fire after her release, doctors said Monday.
- RUSSIA'S FOREIGN MINISTRY CHECKS INFORMATION ON DETENTION OF TWO RUSSIAN CITIZENS IN IRAQ RIA Novosti 14 Mar 2005 -- Russia's Foreign Ministry is checking the information on detention of two Russian citizens in Iraq.
- Iraqi Media Monitoring UNAMI 14 Mar 2005
- RFE/RL Iraq Report, Volume 8, Number 9 14 Mar 2005 -- SHI'ITE, KURDISH ALLIANCES ACKNOWLEDGE AGREEMENT REACHED / MILITANT HOLD HARD TO BREAK SOUTH OF BAGHDAD / UN MULLS CONTINUANCE OF MONITORING REGIME / AL-RUBAY'I TELLS RFI NOOSE TIGHTENING ON AL-ZARQAWI / RADIO FREE IRAQ INTERVIEWS UNITED IRAQI ALLIANCE MEMBER
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|