Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
15 January 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- MARINE KILLED IN AL ANBAR PROVINCE
- IRAQ: MARINE KILLED IN ACTION SOUTH OF BAGHDAD
- Transcript: DoD Update on Ongoing Security Operations in Northwestern Iraq 15 Jan 2005 -- Army Brig. Gen. Carter Ham, Commander of the Multinational Brigade--Northwest, and Commanding General, Task Force Olympia
- Task Force Danger Soldiers Detain Seven AIF Suspects MNF-I/MNC-I 15 Jan 2005 -- Task Force Danger Soldiers detained seven individuals at a traffic checkpoint near Daquq on Jan. 14 at 3:20 p.m.
- One Detained in Raid Near Samarra MNF-I/MNC-I 15 Jan 2005 -- Soldiers from the 2nd Iraqi Ministry of the Interior (MOI) Commando Battalion detained one individual in a raid near Samarra at about 4:00 p.m., Jan. 14.
- Three Detained Near IED Site MNF-I/MNC-I 15 Jan 2005 -- Three anti-Iraqi force suspects were detained in a raid in Abayach near the site where an IED was discovered on January 14 at about 7:40 p.m.
- Soldiers, Iraqi Army Discover Weapons Cache MNF-I/MNC-I 15 Jan 2005 -- Soldiers from Bravo Troop, 1st Squadron, 4th U.S. Cavalry Regiment and the 203rd Iraqi Army Battalion discovered a weapons cache here on Jan. 11.
- Mosul Operations Net Weapons Caches, 16 Suspects MNF-I/MNC-I 15 Jan 2005 -- Iraqi National Guard and Multi-National Forces from 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division (Striker Combat Team), confiscated weapons, ammunition, and bomb equipment, and detained 16 individuals during operations in northern Iraq on Jan. 14.
- Iraqi National Guard Capture Insurgents, Seize Weapons MNF-I/MNC-I 15 Jan 2005 -- Iraqi National Guard Soldiers confiscated weapons and ammunition, and detained six individuals during operations in northern Iraq on Jan. 15.
- Insurgents Attack from Mosque Again MNF-I/MNC-I 15 Jan 2005 -- For the second consecutive day, Multi-National Forces from 1st Brigade, 25th Infantry Division (Stryker Combat Team), were engaged by anti-Iraqi insurgents from a mosque in northern Iraq.
- 1st ID Soldiers Recover Body Near Ad Duluiyah MNF-I/MNC-I 15 Jan 2005 -- 1st Infantry Division Soldiers recovered the body of an unidentified man from a river near Ad Duluiyah about 12:06 p.m. on Jan. 15.
- Helicopter, Pilots Recovered after Emergency Landing MNF-I/MNC-I 15 Jan 2005 -- An OH-58 Kiowa Helicopter, while supporting troops on the ground, made an emergency landing in northern Iraq on Jan. 15.
- Raids Net six Suspected Insurgent, Explosives and Weapons MNF-I/MNC-I 15 Jan 2005 -- Task Force Baghdad Soldiers detained six suspected insurgents during operations conducted in the early morning hours of Jan. 15.
- Stryker Brigade Concept Proves Itself in Ninewa AFPS 15 Jan 2005 -- The Stryker Brigade is well-designed for the decentralized war against insurgents the coalition is waging in Iraq, said Brig. Gen. Carter Ham, commander of Task Force Olympia, during an American Forces Press Service interview today.
- Cannoneers provided fire during Fallujah push USMC News 14 Jan 2005 -- During the push through Fallujah, also known as Operation Al Fajr, the Marines of Battery M, 4th Battalion, 14th Marine Regiment, shot off 1,742 rounds from Nov. 8 to Nov. 19, in support of the Marine and Army infantry units in the city.
- Army engineers shelter Marines in Iraq USMC News 14 Jan 2005 -- A group of soldiers here are making the cold season - and life in general - a little easier on the Marines of the 1st Force Service Support Group.
- GRANER/SENTENCING VOA 15 Jan 2005 -- At Fort Hood, in Texas, a military court has sentenced U.S Army Specialist Charles Graner to ten years in prison for abuse of Iraqi detainees at the infamous Abu Ghraib prison.
- U.S. General Won't Guarantee Peaceful Iraqi Elections RFE/RL 15 Jan 2005 -- A U.S. commander in Iraq said today that American-led forces will not be able to guarantee a peaceful election day in parts of Baghdad and other places in Iraq.
- US / ABU GHRAIB CONVICTION VOA 15 Jan 2005 -- A military jury at Fort Hood, in Texas, has convicted U.S. Army Specialist Charles Graner for charges related to abuse of Iraqi detainees at the infamous Abu Ghraib prison. The penalty has yet to be decided.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list