Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
08 August 2004 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- 1st batch of 3rd replacement ground troops leaves for Iraq IRNA 08 Aug 2004 -- The first batch third replacement team of Ground Self-Defense Force troops left Aomori airport Sunday evening for Iraq via Kuwait to continue carrying out Japan`s humanitarian aid operations in the southern Iraqi city of Samawah, GSDF officials said.
- Equipment Continues to Flow to Iraqi Security Forces AFPS 08 Aug 2004 -- Iraqi security forces received "massive shipments" of weapons and material from coalition partners in the last week, as the security effort to assist the Iraqi government in equipping its forces continues, a Multinational Force Iraq news release announced today.
- Iraq announces reinstatement of death penalty IRNA 08 Aug 2004 -- Iraq`s interim government announced Sunday the reinstatement of capital punishment for a range of crimes including murder and drug offenses.
- Iran says diplomat `disappeared` in Iraq IRNA 08 Aug 2004 -- Iran said Sunday one of its consular officials in Iraq, Fereidoun Jahani, had disappeared Wednesday on the road between Baghdad and Karbala.
- Iraqi charged`affaires to be summoned to Iranian Foreign Ministry Sunday IRNA 08 Aug 2004 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi said here Sunday that the Iraqi charge d`affaires to Tehran is to be summoned to the Foreign Ministry today (Sunday).
- IRAN/IRAQ VOA 08 Aug 2004 -- Iranian officials are upset over allegations by Iraq's interim government suggesting that four Iranians arrested in Iraq are spies. The Iranians are demanding proof.
- Iraq Could Extend Al-Jazeera Closure VOA News 08 Aug 2004 -- Iraqi Prime Minister Iyad Allawi says his government's move to close the Baghdad office of Arabic satellite television channel al-Jazeera for one month could be extended if the station does not revise its programming.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list