Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
July 2011 - India Special Weapons News
- India inks defence cooperation pact with Mongolia IRNA 28 Jul 2011 -- Giving a fillip to its ties with Mongolia, India signed a defence cooperation agreement with the northeast Asian country.
- Intruder aircraft will be shot down: Indian Air Force IRNA 28 Jul 2011 -- Indian Air Force Vice-Chief designate Air Marshal K K Nohwar said if any enemy aircraft violates India's air sovereignty it will be shot down.
- India, Pakistan Call for New Cooperation VOA 27 Jul 2011 -- India and Pakistan have promised to initiate new trade and travel contacts across a disputed border, following rare Foreign Minister-level talks.
- India, Pakistan agree on need to strengthen cooperation on counter-terrorism IRNA 27 Jul 2011 -- Indian and Pakistan agreed on the need to strengthen cooperation on counter-terrorism.
- Pakistan wants uninterrupted talks with India: FM IRNA 27 Jul 2011 -- Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar said on Tuesday that Pakistan wants ‘uninterupted and interuptable’ dialogue process with India.
- Foreign Ministers Of India, Pakistan Hold Peace Talks RFE/RL 27 Jul 2011 -- The foreign ministers of India and Pakistan held confidence-building talks in the Indian capital of New Delhi.
- India, Pakistan Search for Progress in Peace Talks VOA 26 Jul 2011 -- The foreign secretaries of India and Pakistan have met in New Delhi to lay the groundwork for higher level talks.
- Indo-Pak Foreign Secretaries hold “positive” talks IRNA 26 Jul 2011 -- The Foreign secretaries of India and Pakistan held 'positive' talks on key issues setting the stage for Wednesday's meeting between their Foreign Ministers.
- Pakistan foreign minister arrives in New Delhi IRNA 26 Jul 2011 -- Ms Hina Rabbani Khar, the first woman Foreign Minister of Pakistan on Tuesday arrived in New Delhi for talks with her Indian counterpart S M Krishna tomorrow.
- IAF chief warns against nuke attack on India IRNA 26 Jul 2011 -- Indian Air Force Chief Marshal P V Naik warned response would be 'very heavy' in the event of any nuclear attack.
- Govt plans armed men on merchant ships to fight piracy IRNA 26 Jul 2011 -- Indian government is considering to equip the Indian merchant vessels with armed security guards to fight piracy.
- India signs civil nuclear deal with South Korea IRNA 25 Jul 2011 -- India signed a civil nuclear cooperation deal with South Korea, allowing a framework for Korean companies to participate in atomic power projects.
- Pakistan, India FMs to talk on July 27 IRNA 21 Jul 2011 -- Pakistan's Foreign Minister Ms. Hina Rabbani Khar will travel to New Delhi on July 27 for talks with her Indian counterpart, Shri S.M. Krishna.
- India test-fires new short range missile RIA Novosti 21 Jul 2011 -- India successfully test-fired its new quick reaction, short range Prahaar missile.
- Secretary Clinton Remarks on India and the United States: A Vision for the 21st Century US Dept. of State 20 Jul 2011
- Clinton Wraps Up India Visit, Nuclear Impasse Unresolved VOA 20 Jul 2011 -- U.S. Secretary of StateClinton described the deluge of topics for this week's talks with Indian officials on bilateral cooperation as a "monsoon."
- Clinton Urges More Assertive Indian Role in Central, East Asia VOA 20 Jul 2011 -- Secretary of State Clinton urged India to match its economic progress by taking a more assertive political role in Central and East Asia.
- Secretary Clinton Joint Press Availability with Indian External Affairs Minister Shri S. M. Krishna US Dept. of State 19 Jul 2011
- Secretary Clinton Remarks at the Opening Session of the U.S.-India Strategic Dialogue US Dept. of State 19 Jul 2011
- US, India Press Pakistan on Terrorist Safe Havens VOA 19 Jul 2011 -- U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Indian Foreign Minister S.M. Krishna Tuesday urged Pakistan to do more to eliminate terrorist safe-havens on its territory.
- Clinton Calls For Deeper Ties With India During New Delhi Visit RFE/RL 19 Jul 2011 -- U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has pushed for nuclear deals and deeper security cooperation with India during a visit to New Delhi.
- Indian Naval ship foils piracy bid IRNA 19 Jul 2011 -- Indian Navy's warship INS Godavari has successfully foiled an attempt by Somali pirates to hijack a Greek ship in the Gulf of Aden.
- Clinton Travels to India for Economic, Security Talks VOA 18 Jul 2011 -- U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has arrived in India for two days of talks aimed at strengthening political and economic relations with the South Asian country.
- Terrorists should not derail Pakistan, India talks IRNA 15 Jul 2011 -- Pakistani Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani said on Friday that 'terrorists' designs' should not derail dialogue process with the neighbouring India.
- Officials: Blasts Expose Mumbai's Vulnerability to Terrorism VOA 15 Jul 2011 -- Investigators are examining forensic evidence and surveillance video.
- Indian Authorities Examine Evidence in Mumbai Attacks VOA 15 Jul 2011 -- India's home secretary says detectives are examining forensic evidence and surveillance video.
- India successfully launches latest communication satellite GSAT-12 IRNA 15 Jul 2011 -- India successfully launched its latest communication satellite GSAT-12 onboard PSLV-C17, from the spaceport in Sriharikota.
- 17 Killed in Recent Mumbai Bombings VOA 14 Jul 2011 -- Amid popular anger and grief at the apparent terror attacks in India's financial hub, Mumbai, top Indian officials are heading to the city and promising answers.
- Still No Claim of Responsibility for Mumbai Blasts VOA 14 Jul 2011 -- Indian officials say it is too early to accuse any particular group of carrying out the three consecutive bomb blasts that ripped through Mumbai.
- Pakistan condemns Mumbai bomb attacks IRNA 14 Jul 2011 -- Pakistani President Zardari and PM Gilani condemned multiple blasts in the Indian commercial city of Mumbai, which killed and injured scores of people.
- UN Strongly Condemns Bombings In Mumbai RFE/RL 14 Jul 2011 -- The UN Security Council has strongly condemned the triple bombing in the Indian city of Mumbai that killed at least 21 people and wounded some 140.
- Twenty-one killed, over 100 injured in Mumbai attacks RIA Novosti 14 Jul 2011 -- Twenty-one people were killed and over 100 others injured in three explosions that rocked India's commercial capital Mumbai.
- Statement by the President on Attacks in Mumbai The White House 13 Jul 2011
- Secretary Clinton Statement on Attacks in Mumbai, India US Dept. of State 13 Jul 2011
- India presidenrt, vice president, PM condemn serial blasts in Mumbai IRNA 13 Jul 2011 -- India’s President Patil, VP Ansari and PM Singh strongly condemned the three terrorist attacks over night in Mumbai.
- Security Council strongly condemns terrorist bomb attacks in India UN News Centre 13 Jul 2011 -- The Security Council condemned in the strongest terms terrorist attacks in various parts of the city of Mumbai.
- Indian Officials Blame 'Terrorists' for Deadly Mumbai Blasts VOA 13 Jul 2011 -- Senior Indian national security officials are turning their full attention to the country's financial capital, Mumbai.
- Indian Officials: 'Terrorists' Coordinated Deadly Mumbai Blasts VOA 13 Jul 2011 -- India's home minister says authorities believe the back-to-back blasts that killed at least 13 people in Mumbai were a "coordinated attack."
- Triple 'Terror' Blasts Shake India's Financial Hub RFE/RL 13 Jul 2011 -- Authorities say three almost-simultaneous blasts in 3 different locations in India's financial capital of Mumbai have killed at least 21 people.
- 20 killed, 81 injured in India's Mumbai city serial blasts IRNA 13 Jul 2011 -- At least 20 people were killed and another 100 injured as India’s business capital, Mumbai rocked by three serial blasts on Wednesday evening.
- Four killed and over 100 injured in Mumbai explosions RIA Novosti 13 Jul 2011 -- At least four people were killed and over one hundred people were injured in India's commercial capital Mumbai on Thursday by three explosions in the city's markets.
- 50 injured as serial blasts rocked India's Mumbai city IRNA 13 Jul 2011 -- Three blasts rocked India's Mumbai city Wednesday evening injuring at least 50 people.
- Tight Security in Kashmir on 'Martyr's Day' VOA 13 Jul 2011 -- Indian security forces have imposed tight security restrictions in Srinagar ahead of 80th anniversary of a violent crackdown on Kashmiri Muslims in the city.
- Indian Govt welcomes ULFA ceasefire, to suspend operations IRNA 13 Jul 2011 -- The Centre and the Assam government welcomed the unilateral ceasefire announced by ULFA's pro-talk faction.
- Two-day Seminar discusses nuclear preparedness in India IRNA 13 Jul 2011 -- Posting of National Disaster Force at all nuclear stations in India was part of plans to strengthen nuclear disaster preparedness.
- Indian Navy commissions Fast attack craft INS Koswari IRNA 12 Jul 2011 -- Indian Navy commissioned indigenously built Fast Attack Craft in a function held at the eastern naval command in Visakhapatnam.
- Indian space agency eyes taking foreign satellite on rent to meet demand IRNA 09 Jul 2011 -- Faced with transponder capacity crunch, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is exploring the possibilities of taking 'on rent' a foreign satellite for a couple of years and acquiring more foreign transponders on lease.
- India-Turkey to hold joint naval exercises IRNA 09 Jul 2011 -- Navies of India and Turkey will engage each other in two-day wargames off the coast of Mumbai starting Sunday.
- Indian Govt finalises rules of nuclear liability law IRNA 07 Jul 2011 -- Government finalised the much-awaited rules of implementation of the nuclear liability law.
- India to test "air variant" of BrahMos missile IRNA 05 Jul 2011 -- India will test the air variant of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile before the end of 2012.
- India offers to train Kyrghyz troops for UN mission IRNA 05 Jul 2011 -- In a bid to enhance its military-to-military relations, India has offered to assist Kyrghyzstan in a wide range of areas, particularly training in UN peacekeeping operations.
- Russia set to take part in new Indian submarine tender RIA Novosti 02 Jul 2011 -- Russia will participate in a new tender on the delivery of six diesel-electric submarines for the Indian Navy, the state-run exporter Rosoboronexport said.
- Russia behind schedule on Indian frigates delivery RIA Novosti 02 Jul 2011 -- Russia is not going to meet the deadlines in the implementation of a contract on the delivery of missile frigates to the Indian Navy, the state-run arms exporter Rosoboronexport said.
- India to get Russian Nerpa submarine by yearend RIA Novosti 01 Jul 2011 -- Russia will transfer the K-152 Nerpa attack submarine to India on a 10-year lease by the end of 2011, Navy commander Adm. Vladimir Vysotsky said on Friday.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list