Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
August 2016 - North Korea Special Weapons News
- DPRK, Full-fledged Space Power KCNA 31 Aug 2016 -- In August Juche 87 (1998) Kwangmyongsong-1, the first earth satellite of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, was successfully launched into space.
- KCNA Commentary Ridicules Odd Burlesque between Nuclear War Maniacs KCNA 31 Aug 2016 -- An odd burlesque is now under way between the American master and his stooge over the issue of the U.S. "preemptive nuclear attack".
- North Korean Vice Premier Executed, South Korea Says VOA 31 Aug 2016 -- South Korea says a high-ranking North Korean government official has been executed, and two more banished to re-education camps, as leader Kim Jong Un continues to tighten his grip on power.
- KCNA Commentary Blasts U.S. Reckless Arms Buildup Aimed at Military Hegemony KCNA 30 Aug 2016 -- The international community is concerned about the ever more frantic strategic weapons modernization and the arms buildup of the U.S.
- DPRK Will Not Show Any Mercy to Aggressors: Rodong Sinmun KCNA 30 Aug 2016 -- Rodong Sinmun Tuesday in a commentary warns the DPRK will not show any mercy to aggressors.
- Top Officials Reportedly Executed in North Korea by Anti-Aircraft Gun Sputnik 30 Aug 2016 -- Kim Jong-un has reportedly publicly executed two top North Korean officials with an anti-aircraft gun -- one, reportedly, for falling asleep during a meeting with the leader.
- Analysts: North Korea to Build New Ballistic Missile Submarine VOA 30 Aug 2016 -- North Korea could soon develop a new submarine that will incorporate ongoing ballistic missile advances being made and increasing the military's capability to carry out a nuclear strike from the sea.
- China urges for restraint on DPRK's ballistic missile launch People's Daily 29 Aug 2016 -- China on Monday called on all parties concerned to maintain restraint and remain calm over the ballistic missile launch by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) last Wednesday.
- 9th Congress of Kim Il Sung Socialist Youth League Held in Presence of Kim Jong Un People's Daily 29 Aug 2016 -- The 9th Congress of the Kim Il Sung Socialist Youth League was held with splendor in Pyongyang on Saturday and Sunday.
- U.S. Should Face up to Reality: KCNA Commentary People's Daily 29 Aug 2016 -- The U.S. war racket against the DPRK has reached an extremely risky phase.
- Rights Group Builds Legal Case Against Pyongyang Abusers VOA 29 Aug 2016 -- A human rights group is beginning to build the case for the eventual prosecution of Kim Jong Un and other North Korean leaders for crimes against humanity by detailing information about thousands of individuals who have been sent to political prison camps.
- U.S. Slashed for Taking Issue with "Human Rights" Issue of DPRK: Foreign Ministry Spokesman KCNA 28 Aug 2016 -- A spokesman for the Foreign Ministry of the DPRK gave the following answer to a question raised by KCNA Sunday as regards the U.S. renewed accusation against the DPRK over its "human rights" issue:
- UN Security Council slams DPRK's latest missile launch People's Daily 28 Aug 2016 -- The UN Security Council "strongly condemned" the launching of a submarine-launched ballistic missile by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) on Aug. 23, saying that the launch is "in grave violation of" the Pyongyang's international obligations under relevant Security Council resolutions.
- North Korea hits back at UN after condemnation of missile tests Press TV 28 Aug 2016 -- North Korea has strongly dismissed a recent statement by the United Nations (UN) condemning its recent ballistic missile launches, threatening to take "eventful action" over the UN criticism.
- North Korea Threatens to Unleash 'Nuclear Hammers of Justice,' Open Fire in DMZ Sputnik 27 Aug 2016 -- One day after a successful ballistic missile test, North Korea has threatened to engage in a nuclear strike against the United States and has suggested it will soon open fire on lighting equipment being used by the US and South Korea in the DMZ.
- Security Council strongly condemns DPRK missile launches UN News 27 Aug 2016 -- The United Nations Security Council has strongly condemned the Democratic People's Republic of Korea's (DPRK) launch of a ballistic missile from a submarine on 23 August, which follows a series of recent tests and launches the Council said is a "grave violation" of the DPRK's international obligations and "in flagrant disregard" of repeated calls to halt such activity.
- Spokesman for Foreign Ministry Raps Hostile Forces' Moves to Ratchet up Pressure on DPRK over Its SLBM Test-fire KCNA 26 Aug 2016 -- A spokesman for the Foreign Ministry of the DPRK released the following statement on Friday:
- Japan, US Slam North Korea's Ballistic Missile Launch as 'Unacceptable' Sputnik 26 Aug 2016 -- Washington and Tokyo agreed that Pyongyang's recent launch of a ballistic missile was unacceptable.
- UN Security Council Mute - Again - on N. Korea Missile Launch VOA 26 Aug 2016 -- North Korea's latest missile launch Tuesday brought a swift convening of the U.N. Security Council, but no united condemnation from the 15 members.
- Experts Speculate on North Korea's Motive for Ballistic Missile Test VOA 26 Aug 2016 -- North Korea's submarine-launched ballistic missile test on Wednesday is prompting analysts in Seoul to speculate about what might have motivated Pyongyang to conduct it.
- Kim Jong Un Guides Strategic Submarine Underwater Ballistic Missile Test-fire KCNA 25 Aug 2016 -- A test-fire of strategic submarine-launched ballistic missile was successfully conducted under the guidance of supreme commander of the Korean People's Army (KPA) Kim Jong Un, chairman of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) and chairman of the State Affairs Commission of the DPRK.
- Pyongyang's nuclear plan opposed People's Daily 25 Aug 2016 -- China outlines its position after the DPRK test-fires missile launched from submarine
- North Korean leader calls recent missile launch 'greatest success' Press TV 25 Aug 2016 -- North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has praised a new ballistic missile test as "greatest success and victory" as the UN Security Council convened to discuss the launch.
- North Korean Missile Test-Fired From High Angle to Limit Flight Path - Reports Sputnik 25 Aug 2016 -- The North Korean submarine-launched ballistic missile, test-fired on Wednesday, was launched at a higher angle which allowed to shorten its flight distance, the South Korean Yonhap news agency reported on Thursday citing the North Korean Central News Agency (KCNA).
- S.Korea slams DPRK's test-firing of submarine-launched ballistic missile People's Daily 24 Aug 2016 -- South Korea on Wednesday slammed the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) for its test-firing of a ballistic missile from a submarine off its east coast into the sea.
- S.Korea sees DPRK's submarine-launched missile technology as significantly improved People's Daily 24 Aug 2016 -- South Korea's military on Wednesday saw the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK)'s submarine-launched missile technology as significantly improved as its flight distance far exceeded what Seoul's defense ministry regards as a success.
- China, Japan, South Korea censure North's missile launch Press TV 24 Aug 2016 -- China, Japan and South Korea have denounced North Korea's latest missile test, calling on Pyongyang to refrain from "provocative" actions that could deteriorate the situation on the already-tense Korean Peninsula.
- North Korean Submarine Launch Shows Progress VOA 24 Aug 2016 -- North Korea's latest submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM) test demonstrated real progress in advancing the military's ability to launch a nuclear strike on the U.S. mainland or any other target in the world.
- Japan Foreign Ministry Protests North Korea's Missile Launch Sputnik 24 Aug 2016 -- The Japanese Foreign Ministry issued a protest to North Korea over a ballistic missile launch on Wednesday, which Tokyo believed violated UN resolutions.
- US condemns N Korea missile test, says ready for 'any attack' Press TV 24 Aug 2016 -- The US military has denounced North Korea's ballistic missile as a "provocation" and vowed to defend Washington and its allies allies from any attack from the East Asian country.
- DPRK test-fires submarine-launched ballistic missile People's Daily 24 Aug 2016 -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) test-fired a ballistic missile from a submarine off its east coast into the sea, South Korea's military said on Wednesday.
- Bridge of No Return: Seoul Accuses Pyongyang of Planting Landmines on Border Sputnik 23 Aug 2016 -- On Tuesday, the US-led United Nations Command accused the DPRK army of planting landmines near a bridge at the heavily-militarized border dividing the Korean peninsula.
- North Korea fires submarine-launched ballistic missile off its east coast Press TV 23 Aug 2016 -- North Korea has fired a submarine–launched ballistic missile, just two days after threatening a nuclear attack in retaliation to large-scale US and South Korean joint military exercises.
- North Korea Test-fires Sub-launched Missile VOA 23 Aug 2016 -- After North Korea launched a ballistic missile from a submarine off its east coast early Wednesday, regional leaders and the U.S. condemned the test, with Japan's prime minister calling it "unforgivable."
- Yonhap: North Korea Summons Diplomats' Children Home VOA 23 Aug 2016 -- South Korea's Yonhap news agency says it has learned from intelligence sources that North Korea has recently ordered the adult children of its overseas diplomats to return home.
- Recent North Korean Defections: Is the End Near for Kim Jong Un? VOA 23 Aug 2016 -- South Korean President Park Geun-hye tried to make the case this week that increasing North Korean defections are signs of growing instability inside the secretive, authoritarian state.
- CPRC Spokesman Urges S. Korean Authorities Not to Forget Lesson from Incident in August Last Year KCNA 23 Aug 2016 -- A spokesman for the Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of the Country (CPRC) of the DPRK issued a statement on Tuesday, in which it said that it is the proud history and tradition of the DPRK that it has recorded only legendary stories of victory in the fierce confrontation with the enemies at home and abroad.
- Kim Jong Il, Peerless Patriot KCNA 23 Aug 2016 -- Leader Kim Jong Il was an outstanding leader who had guaranteed the victorious advance of the Korean revolution with the might of Songun (military-first) in his lifetime.
- DPRK FM Spokesman Lashes at Ulji Freedom Guardian KCNA 22 Aug 2016 -- A spokesman for the DPRK Foreign Ministry made public the following statement Monday:
- Loving Care for People, Source of DPRK's Invincibility KCNA 22 Aug 2016 -- Kim Jong Un, supreme leader of the DPRK, is a peerless patriot who has created a new history of national prosperity with his loving care for the people.
- DPRK Red Cross Society Sends Letter to S. Korean Red Cross KCNA 22 Aug 2016 -- The Central Committee of the DPRK Red Cross Society sent the following letter to the south Korean Red Cross Monday:
- Spokesman for KPA General Staff Clarifies Principled Stand on Nuclear War Drill against DPRK KCNA 22 Aug 2016 -- The U.S. imperialists and the south Korean puppet forces started the largest-ever joint military drill Ulji Freedom Guardian on August 22.
- DPRK warns of preemptive strikes as U.S.-South Korea war games kick off People's Daily 22 Aug 2016 -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) warned Monday that its military is "fully ready to mount a preemptive retaliatory strike" as South Korea and the Untied States are conducting joint military exercises.
- Seoul Says North Korea May Attempt Assassinations After Top Diplomat Defects Sputnik 21 Aug 2016 -- North Korea may attempt to perform assassinations and abductions, following the defection of Pyongyang's high ranking diplomat, according to South Korea's Unification Ministry official.
- Seoul Believes N Korea May Carry Out Provocation After Defection of Diplomat Sputnik 21 Aug 2016 -- South Korean government urges all citizens to be on guard for possible provocations after a high-ranking North Korean diplomat defected to the South, according to local media.
- Park Geun Hye Group Accused of Floating Story of Letting North's Abductees Settle in S. Korea KCNA 21 Aug 2016 -- The Park Geun Hye group of traitors in south Korea which had kept the women abductees of the DPRK in custody for over four months despite the strong denunciation and demand for their repatriation at home and abroad recently made public that they let those girls "be free and settle in society".
- North Korean Diplomat Left for Seoul from UK to Escape Retribution for Crimes Sputnik 20 Aug 2016 -- North Korean diplomat Thae Yong Ho, comitted a series of crimes, including sexual abuse of minors, and decided to avoid retribution by fleeing to Seoul, according to North Korean state media.
- North Korea Demands Return of 'Human Scum' Diplomat VOA 20 Aug 2016 -- North Korea has ordered the return of their diplomat who defected to South Korea this week, calling him a criminal and "human scum" on state media Saturday.
- South Korean Warmongers Hell-bent on Arms Build-up KCNA 19 Aug 2016 -- The south Korean puppet warmongers are stepping up the arms build-up for preemptive attack on the DPRK with the U.S. backing.
- US, South Korea must take blame for North's new nuclear move People's Daily 19 Aug 2016 -- North Korea's Atomic Energy Institute on Wednesday claimed that it has reprocessed spent nuclear fuel rods removed from a graphite-moderated reactor in a written interview with Japan's Kyodo News.
- North Korea Threatens South Korea Over 'Provocative' War Games Sputnik 19 Aug 2016 -- North Korea has reacted with fury as the US and South Korea conduct their largest ever military drills along the highly volatile border on the Korean Peninsula.
- North Korean Diplomat Deemed Missing in Moscow Defects to South Korea Sputnik 19 Aug 2016 -- A North Korean diplomat who had been considered missing in Moscow since last month, defected to South Korea, media reported Friday, citing a well-informed source.
- N Korea Strengthens Surveillance Over Diplomats, Business Staff After Defection Sputnik 18 Aug 2016 -- North Korean authorities reportedly tightened surveillance measures in regard to the country's diplomats and business personnel working abroad, following a recent defection of a senior diplomat.
- North Korea Threatens to Destroy US Military Bases in Asia-Pacific Region Sputnik 18 Aug 2016 -- Pyongyang has threatened to destroy all US military bases in the Asia-Pacific Region should Washington dare to take "an insane step," according to the North Korean Foreign Ministry's statement.
- DPRK slams US for nuclear arms buildup in Asia Pacific People's Daily 18 Aug 2016 -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) on Wednesday slammed the United States for causing a nuclear arms buildup in the Asia Pacific.
- North Korea resumes plutonium production at Yongbyon Press TV 17 Aug 2016 -- North Korea has resumed plutonium production by reprocessing spent fuel rods at its main Yongbyon nuclear facility, citing the United States' hostile policy toward Pyongyang.
- US: N. Korean Plutonium Reprocessing Violates UN Resolutions VOA 17 Aug 2016 -- The United States expressed fresh concern about North Korea after Pyongyang indicated renewed nuclear activity that would allow it to churn out at least enough plutonium for one bomb annually.
- Pyongyang raps South Korean president for defending THAAD Press TV 17 Aug 2016 -- North Korea has lambasted the South Korean president's latest anti-Pyongyang speech defending the deployment of an advanced US missile system in her country, saying she is to blame for deteriorating inter-Korean relations.
- North Korea Resumes Work on Weapons-Grade Plutonium Production – Reports Sputnik 17 Aug 2016 -- North Korea on Wednesday resumed processing nuclear fuel for the production of weapons-grade plutonium at an experimental nuclear reactor in the city of Yongbyon north of capital Pyongyang, Japanese media reported, citing North Korean nuclear authorities.
- DPRK Foreign Ministry Spokesman Denounces U.S. Nuclear Arms Buildup KCNA 17 Aug 2016 -- A spokesman for the Foreign Ministry of the DPRK issued a statement on Wednesday in connection with the fact that the situation on the Korean peninsula has entered a very grave phase due to the U.S. ceaseless nuclear arms buildup targeting the DPRK.
- China to limit operations of North Korea's Air Koryo Press TV 17 Aug 2016 -- China has decided to "limit" the operations of North Korea's national carrier, Air Koryo, after one of its aircraft made an emergency landing in July due to a fire on board.
- North Korea's Deputy Ambassador Defects in London Sputnik 17 Aug 2016 -- A top North Korean diplomat has abandoned his post in the UK and defected with his wife and children to seek asylum in South Korea. The dramatic move comes as 13 other North Korean defectors have also been given permission to apply for asylum.
- UK-Based North Korean Diplomat Defects to South Korea VOA 17 Aug 2016 -- The second highest ranking official at North Korea's embassy in London has defected to South Korea, according to the South Korean Unification Ministry.
- Pyongyang Calls on Germany to Scrap Taurus Missile Deliveries to South Korea Sputnik 16 Aug 2016 -- North Korea calls on Germany to scrap the planned deliveries of Taurus air-to-ground cruise missiles to South Korea, the North Korean Embassy in Russia said Tuesday.
- Kim Jong Un, Defender of Peace and Security KCNA 16 Aug 2016 -- It is the constant policy of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) and unanimous will of all the Koreans to prevent the danger of war and safeguard the peace and security on the Korean Peninsula.
- S. Korean President Calls on Pyongyang to Stop Nuclear Provocation 'Immediately' Sputnik 15 Aug 2016 -- South Korean President said that North Korea must urgently stop the development of its nuclear program and the saber-rattling moves on the international arena.
- Greetings to Kim Jong Un from V. Putin KCNA 15 Aug 2016 -- Kim Jong Un, chairman of the State Affairs Commission of the DPRK, received a congratulatory message from V. Putin, president of the Russian Federation, on Monday.
- Spokesman for DPRK Foreign Ministry Hits out at Germany's Projected Sale of Missiles to S. Korea KCNA 14 Aug 2016 -- A spokesman for the Foreign Ministry of the DPRK gave the following answer to the question raised by KCNA Sunday as regards Germany's projected delivery of attack missiles to south Korea:
- North Korea Threatens US With Nuclear Strike at 'Slightest Provocation' Sputnik 14 Aug 2016 -- Pyongyang accused Washington of an attempt to invade the North Korea on Saturday and has threatened the United States with a nuclear strike at "the slightest provocation," local media reported on Saturday.
- DPRK FM Spokesman Accuses U.S. of Pulling up DPRK over Issue of Religious Freedom KCNA 12 Aug 2016 -- A spokesman for the DPRK Foreign Ministry gave the following answer to the question put by KCNA Friday as regards the fact that the U.S. pulled up the DPRK over the issue of religious freedom:
- Are UN Sanctions Against North Korea Working? VOA 11 Aug 2016 -- It continues to be difficult to gauge the effectiveness of the United Nations sanctions imposed on North Korea in March for conducting its fourth nuclear test and launching a long range rocket earlier this year.
- S.Korea to deploy 5 reconnaissance satellites by 2022 for DPRK missiles People's Daily 08 Aug 2016 -- South Korea's military plans to deploy five reconnaissance satellites, developed on its indigenous technology, by 2022 as part of its "Kill Chain" strategy to preemptively detect and destroy nuclear and missile threats from the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), Yonhap news agency reported on Monday.
- Japan military on alert for possible N Korea missile launch: Report Press TV 08 Aug 2016 -- Japan's new Defense Minister Tomomi Inada has ordered the nation's military to be ready to destroy any missiles fired by North Korea, a local media report says.
- N Korea Instructs Embassies to Use THAAD in South to Pit China Against US Sputnik 08 Aug 2016 -- North Korea's Foreign Ministry allegedly ordered its diplomats in overseas missions to emphasize the threat of US missiles in Korea to China's security in a bid to widen the rift between Beijing, Seoul and Washington, South Korean media reported Monday.
- US planning preemptive nuclear attack: North Korea Press TV 06 Aug 2016 -- North Korea says the US is planning a preemptive nuclear attack after Washington announces the deployment of B-1 bombers in the Pacific.
- Aiming High: Pyongyang Sets Sights on Moon Landing In Next Decade Sputnik 05 Aug 2016 -- According to a senior official, North Korea plans to plant its national flag on the moon's surface some time in the next ten years.
- U.S., South Korea, Japan Discuss Recent North Korean Missile Launches AFPS 05 Aug 2016 -- Representatives of the United States, South Korea and Japan conducted a senior-level videoconference yesterday to share information among the three countries regarding the two recent North Korean missile launches, according to a Defense Department statement.
- South Korea Claims Pyongyang Has Plan to Improve Missile Technology Sputnik 04 Aug 2016 -- South Korea's Permanent Representative to the United Nations Oh Joon says North Korea has a systematic plan to upgrade and refine its missile technology.
- Japan's new defense chief criticizes North Korea, China Press TV 04 Aug 2016 -- Japan's new Defense Minister Tomomi Inada has criticized North Korea and China over their military activities in the region.
- Kim Jong Un Guides 3rd Meeting of KPA Activists in O Jung Hup-led 7th Regiment Title Movement KCNA 04 Aug 2016 -- The 3rd Meeting of Activists of the Korean People's Army (KPA) in the Movement for Winning the Title of O Jung Hup-led 7th Regiment was held at the April 25 House of Culture here on August 2-3.
- DPRK slams S. Korean president for justifying THAAD deployment People's Daily 04 Aug 2016 -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) on Wednesday slammed South Korean President Park Geun-hye for her remarks on the North's nuclear and missile threats to justify her government's deal with Washington to introduce a missile shield.
- China blocks UNSC from condemning North Korea missile launch Press TV 04 Aug 2016 -- China has blocked a US-drafted UN Security Council statement condemning North Korea over its latest missile test.
- North Korean Missile Tests Creating Divisions in Asia VOA 04 Aug 2016 -- The United Nations Security Council remains divided over how to respond to North Korea's increasingly provocative missile tests, while Japan and South Korea continue to face opposition at home and abroad for pursuing more aggressive military policies.
- Pyongyang Ballistic Test Proves South Korea Needs THAAD System - S Korea FM Sputnik 03 Aug 2016 -- The test launch of the North Korean missile carried out on Wednesday proves the need for the Terminal High Altitude Air Defense (THAAD) anti-missile system in South Korea, South Korean Foreign Minister Yun Byung-se said.
- UN 'deeply troubled' by latest DPRK missile launch UN News 03 Aug 2016 -- The United Nations is "deeply troubled" by the recent missile launches of the Democratic Republic of Korea (DPRK), a UN spokesperson said today after one of the rockets, reportedly landed in or near Japanese waters for the first time.
- Japan heightens security alert, protests latest DPRK missile launch People's Daily 03 Aug 2016 -- Japan on Wednesday condemned a missile launch by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) and lodged an official protest with Pyongyang saying the launch was in defiance of UN Security Council resolutions.
- DPRK fires 2 ballistic missiles to protest S.Korea's THAAD deployment People's Daily 03 Aug 2016 -- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) on Wednesday fired two ballistic missiles into east waters in an apparent protest against the deployment in South Korea of Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD).
- North Korea launches ballistic missile toward Sea of Japan Press TV 03 Aug 2016 -- North Korea has launched a ballistic missile toward the Sea of Japan, which reportedly landed in or near Japanese-controlled waters for the first time.
- USSTRATCOM Detects, Tracks North Korean Missile Launches USSTRATCOM 03 Aug 2016 -- U.S. Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) systems detected what we assess were two North Korean missile launches at 5:53 p.m. CDT, August 2, 2016. The simultaneous launch of two presumed No Dong intermediate range ballistic missiles occurred near the western city of Hwangju.
- North Korea Reportedly Launches Ballistic Missile Towards Sea of Japan Sputnik 03 Aug 2016 -- North Korea has test fired a ballistic missile from its east coast, according to South Korean media reports.
- North Korea Launches Missile into Ocean VOA 02 Aug 2016 -- South Korean military officials say North Korea has fired a ballistic missile into the ocean off its eastern coast, the latest in a series of missile tests.
- THAAD in S Korea Not Actually Aimed at Preventing Threat From Pyongyang Sputnik 02 Aug 2016 -- The deployment of the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system to South Korea would threaten the stability of East Asia, an expert said, adding that China and Russia's concerns about the US missile defense installations in the Korean Peninsula are justified.
- Most North Korean Defectors Avoid Asylum Seeking in China VOA 02 Aug 2016 -- The South Korean Foreign Ministry, during its weekly press briefing on Tuesday, did not address the reported defection of a North Korean national who is reportedly seeking asylum in Seoul's diplomatic mission in Hong Kong.
- THAAD will destroy regional balance People's Daily 01 Aug 2016 -- Despite the strong opposition of China, the United States and the Republic of Korea have agreed to deploy the Terminal High-Altitude Area Defense system in the ROK. Although the US claims THAAD is aimed at countering the "nuclear threat" posed by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea", it is actually targeted at China.
- South Korean Prosecutors Say North Korea Continues Cyber Attacks Against Country Sputnik 01 Aug 2016 -- North Korea is continuing to carry out cyber attacks against South Korean officials and experts, the South Korean Supreme Prosecutors' Office said Monday.
- North Korean Defector Waits for Freedom VOA 01 Aug 2016 -- The fate of an 18-year-old North Korean defector who sought asylum inside South Korea's consulate in Hong Kong last month is still up in the air, although human rights groups hope that China's recent non-cooperative stance with Pyongyang may eventually facilitate his freedom.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list