Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
June 2011 - North Korea Special Weapons News
- Kim Jong Il Congratulates Hu Jintao on CPC Anniversary KCNA 30 Jun 2011 -- General Secretary Kim Jong Il on Thursday sent a congratulatory message to Hu Jintao, general secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China and president of China.
- S. Korean Ministry of Unification Accused of Failed Negotiations KCNA 30 Jun 2011 -- A spokesman for the DPRK Guidance Bureau of Special Zone for International Tour of Mt. Kumgang gave the following answer to a question raised by KCNA Thursday as negotiations for settling the readjustment of properties including real estate inside the special zone proved abortive due to the obstructive moves of the south Korean puppet authorities.
- S. Korean Regime Accused of Its Plan to Develop Tourist Destinations KCNA 30 Jun 2011 -- The south Korean regime announced a plan to develop five islands in the West Sea including Paekryong and Yonphyong into international tourist destinations.
- Lee Myung Bak Group's Hideous Provocation to Be Shattered-- KPA Supreme Command KCNA 29 Jun 2011 -- A spokesman for the Supreme Command of the Korean People's Army released the following statement on Wednesday:
- CPRK Opens to Public Notice to Chongwadae of S. Korea KCNA 29 Jun 2011 -- The Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea (CPRK) tried to send an urgent notice to the south Korean authorities through Panmunjom today in connection with the fact that 'Paekgol unit' of the south Korean puppet forces and other forefront units are committing heinous provocations defiling the dignity of the leadership of the DPRK and its system and army.
- DPRK Government Spokesman Warns Lee Myung Bak Group of Stern Punishment KCNA 28 Jun 2011 -- A spokesman for the DPRK Government issued the following statement on June 28
- Rodong Sinmun Calls for Preserving Independence in International Relations KCNA 28 Jun 2011 -- Only when each country and nation properly shape a foreign policy and implement it, can they create a favorable international environment for successfully carrying out the revolutionary struggle and construction and ensure their dignity and prestige.
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il RIA Novosti 28 Jun 2011 -- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il is expected to pay a visit to Russia and meet President Dmitry Medvedev in Russia's Far East city of Vladivostok, South Korean Yonhap news agency reported on Tuesday, although Russia's foreign minister denied knowledge of such a meeting.
- Rodong Sinmun Urges All-People Struggle for Peace KCNA 25 Jun 2011 -- All Koreans in the north and the south and abroad are required to turn out in the patriotic struggle to protect peace from the danger of war created by warmongers at home and abroad, says Rodong Sinmun Saturday in a bylined article.
- Rodong Sinmun on Validity of WPK's Policy of Giving Importance to Science-Technology KCNA 25 Jun 2011 -- There is nothing to fear and impossible to do for the people who have acquired latest science and technology as well as the most perfect ideology and arms, says Rodong Sinmun Saturday in a bylined article.
- Obama extends sanctions on North Korea RIA Novosti 24 Jun 2011 -- U.S. President Barack Obama has extended sanctions against North Korea for another year.
- Notice from the President regarding the contintuation of the national emergency with respect to North Korea The White House 23 Jun 2011
- Message from the President regarding the contintuation of the national emergency with respect to North Korea The White House 23 Jun 2011
- Rodong Sinmun Developing Countries Urged to Encourage National Culture KCNA 23 Jun 2011 -- The people of developing countries should work hard to preserve and develop their national culture.
- Sharp says alliance ready to counter provocations Army News 22 Jun 2011 -- The top U.S. military commander in Korea said the Republic of Korea-U.S. Alliance is ready to counter any provocations against South Korea.
- Election Committees Formed in DPRK KCNA 22 Jun 2011 -- Preparations for successful elections of deputies to provincial (municipality), city (district) and county people's assemblies are brisk in different parts of the DPRK.
- KCNA on S. Korea's Anti-DPRK Act KCNA 21 Jun 2011 -- The south Korean authorities are seriously trying to ram "north Korean human rights act" through "National Assembly".
- Minju Joson on U-Turn to N-S Joint Declaration KCNA 21 Jun 2011 -- Lee Myung Bak now says it respects the June 15 joint declaration, a U-turn from its past attitude.
- Rodong Sinmun Calls for Implementation of Inter-Korean Declarations KCNA 21 Jun 2011 -- To defend and implement the June 15 joint declaration and the October 4 declaration, its action program, is a patriotic work.
- Rodong Sinmun on S. Korean Authorities' Remarks KCNA 20 Jun 2011 -- South Korean Ministry of Unification: South Korea would not "gloss over" the "Cheonan" warship case and the Yonphyong Island shelling incident.
- S. Korea Accused of Lobbying Anti-DPRK Act KCNA 20 Jun 2011 -- The DPRK condemned South Korea for their ongoing attempt to lobby "north Korean human rights act".
- DPRK Makes Full Use of Rare-earth Minerals KCNA 20 Jun 2011 -- An effective utilization of rare-earth minerals is of weighty significance in economic growth.
- Central Election Guidance Committee Formed KCNA 19 Jun 2011 -- The central election guidance committee for election of deputies to provincial, city and county people's assemblies was formed in the DPRK.
- Rodong Sinmun on WPK's Line of Giving Priority to Ideological Work KCNA 19 Jun 2011 -- It is the consistent leadership principle of the Workers' Party of Korea to give priority to ideology.
- One More Power Station Completed in DPRK KCNA 19 Jun 2011 -- Suan Youth Power Station No. 2 went into operation with due ceremony in Suan County, North Hwanghae Province on Sunday.
- Notice to S. Side over Disposition of Real Estates in Mt. Kumgang Resort KCNA 17 Jun 2011 -- A spokesman for the DPRK Guidance Bureau of Special Zone for International Tour of Mt. Kumgang on Friday notified the south side's parties concerned of the fact that all assets including real estates in the zone are to be disposed of under the Law on Special Zone for International Tour of Mt. Kumgang.
- New Motorway Opened to Traffic KCNA 17 Jun 2011 -- A project for rebuilding Kowon-Hamhung motorway on an expansion basis has been completed in the DPRK.
- Rodong Sinmun on Revolutionary Spirit of Mt. Paektu KCNA 17 Jun 2011 -- The revolutionary spirit of Mt. Paektu has been enshrined in the minds of the army and the people of the DPRK as noble spiritual pabulum since General Secretary Kim Jong Il explored the course of study tour of the area of Mt. Paektu in his teens. Rodong Sinmun Friday says this in a by-lined article.
- Papers Editorially Mark Anniversary of June 15 Joint Declaration KCNA 15 Jun 2011 -- Papers Wednesday dedicate editorials to the 11th anniversary of the publication of the June 15 joint declaration.
- Rodong Sinmun Calls for Implementing June 15 Joint Declaration KCNA 15 Jun 2011 -- The June 15 joint declaration has served as an inspiring banner dynamically arousing all Koreans to a sacred patriotic struggle for reunification, says Rodong Sinmun Wednesday in a by-lined article.
- 'Complete Collection of Kim Il Sung's Works' Vol. 94 Off Press KCNA 14 Jun 2011 -- The Workers' Party of Korea Publishing House brought out Vol. 94 of 'Complete Collection of Kim Il Sung's Works', a library of the Juche idea which systematically and comprehensively deals with his works in a chronological order.
- Kim Jong Il Receives CPC Delegation KCNA 13 Jun 2011 -- Kim Jong Il, general secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea and chairman of the National Defence Commission of the DPRK, Monday received the delegation of the Communist Party of China headed by Li Yuanchao, member of the Political Bureau and the Secretariat of the C.C., the CPC who is head of its Organization Department, on a visit to the DPRK.
- Huichon Power Station Construction Makes Headway KCNA 13 Jun 2011 -- The construction of the Huichon Power Station in the northern part of Korea has made a fast progress.
- Rodong Sinmun Calls on All Koreans to Remain True to June 15 Joint Declaration KCNA 13 Jun 2011 -- Preserving the June 15 joint declaration and the October 4 declaration is a militant task facing all the Korean people, says Rodong Sinmun Monday in a by-lined article.
- US Blocks Ship Suspected of Carrying North Korean Arms VOA 13 Jun 2011 -- A senior U.S. official says the Navy intercepted a ship suspected of carrying banned weapons technology from North Korea to Burma and forced it to return home.
- US Stops North Korean Ship on Suspected Burma Mission VOA 13 Jun 2011 -- The United States says its Navy intercepted a ship suspected of carrying missile technology from North Korea to Burma two weeks ago, forcing the vessel to return home after a standoff lasting several days.
- Rodong Sinmun Calls for National Independence KCNA 11 Jun 2011 -- It is 85 years since the Korean people waged the June 10 Independence Movement in massive protest against the Japanese imperialists' colonial rule.
- Kim Jong Il Enjoys Performance Given by Art Groups KCNA 10 Jun 2011 -- General Secretary Kim Jong Il together with officers and men of the KPA enjoyed a performance given by the art groups of families of servicepersons of KPA Units 534, 529, 264 and 549 which participated in the second round of the fourth contest of art groups of families of servicepersons of the KPA.
- Strategic Dialogue between Party Delegations of DPRK, China KCNA 10 Jun 2011 -- Strategic dialogue was held between the delegations of the Workers' Party of Korea and the Communist Party of China at the Mansudae Assembly Hall on Friday.
- China Urged to Encourage N. Korea to Resume Talks with Seoul VOA 10 Jun 2011 -- A senior US diplomat visiting Asia says China did not expect North Korea to abruptly cut-off dialogue with South Korea last week.
- UNSC extends mandate of DPR Korea sanctions panel UN News Centre 10 Jun 2011 -- The Security Council extended for a third term the mandate of the expert body dealing with UN sanctions imposed on the DPRK.
- N. Korea Threatens to Release Recordings of Secret Talks With South VOA 09 Jun 2011 -- North Korea is threatening to disclose recordings of a secret meeting with ROK to prove Seoul called for summit talks.
- KCNA on Summit Talks with ROK KCNA 09 Jun 2011 -- An official announcement that the "true intention" reflected in Lee's "Berlin proposal" was conveyed to the DPRK side at a secret contact.
- Nobody Can Check Trend of 6. 15 Era toward Reunification KCNA 09 Jun 2011 -- The DPRK's major newspaper Rodong Sinmun carried a commentator's article titled "Nobody can check the strong trend of the June 15 era."
- 2nd Meeting of DPRK-China Joint Guidance Committee for Economic Zones Held KCNA 09 Jun 2011 -- The second meeting of the DPRK-China Joint Guidance Committee for jointly developing and operating the Rason Economic and Trade Zone and the Hwanggumphyong and Wihwa Islands Economic Zone took place.
- Ceremonies for Projects for Zones to Be Jointly Developed by DPRK-China Held KCNA 09 Jun 2011 -- Ground-breaking ceremonies for the Hwanggumphyong and Wihwa Islands Economic Zone and the Rason Economic and Trade Zone to be jointly developed and operated by the DPRK and China took place.
- KCNA on ROK Cooperation with Foreign Forces KCNA 08 Jun 2011 -- The inter-Korean relations have reached such situation that they can be hardly be repaired.
- KCNA on S. Korean Provocation KCNA 08 Jun 2011 -- The Korean people are indignant with the south Korean regime for its recent provocation against the supreme dignity of the DPRK.
- Rodong Sinmun on Miracles Wrought in Huichon KCNA 08 Jun 2011 -- The Huichon Power Station a striking demonstration of the validity and the great vitality of Songun politics of the Workers' Party of Korea.
- EU Team Visits North Korea to Assess Food Aid Needs VOA 07 Jun 2011 -- A team of European officials is traveling in North Korea to assess the need for food aid to the impoverished but nuclear-armed country.
- KCNA on South Korea Leadership KCNA 07 Jun 2011 -- Lee Myung Bak committed such unprecedentedly hideous provocation as daring hurt the supreme dignity of the DPRK.
- Rodong Sinmun on S. Korean Provocations KCNA 07 Jun 2011 -- The desire of the fellow countrymen for reunification is now chilled by a handful.
- DPRK People Vow Revenge on S. Korean Regime KCNA 07 Jun 2011 -- People of various social strata in the DPRK have resolved to take revenge on the Lee Myung Bak regime of south Korea for its abuses of the DPRK's supreme dignity.
- ROK President Requests North to End Policy of Confrontation VOA 06 Jun 2011 -- South Korea’s president is signaling to North Korea that he would like to calm rising tension on the peninsula.
- KCNA on S. Korean Policy KCNA 06 Jun 2011 -- The DPRK people have expressed their resentment against the south Korean regime.
- Rodong Sinmun on Protecting Supreme Dignity of DPRK KCNA 06 Jun 2011 -- It is a sacred national duty to protect the supreme dignity of the DPRK.
- Rodong Sinmun on Kim Jong Il's Leadership Art KCNA 06 Jun 2011 -- Kim Jong Il's leadership art serves as a militant banner for bringing about a leap forward by giving full play to the inexhaustible mental power of all the servicepersons and people.
- Report on Enlarged Meeting of Political Bureau of WPK KCNA 06 Jun 2011 -- An enlarged meeting of the Political Bureau of the C.C., the Workers' Party of Korea was held Monday.
- DPRK Decides to Set Up Hwanggumphyong and Wihwa Islands Economic Zone KCNA 06 Jun 2011 -- The DPRK decided to set up the Hwanggumphyong and Wihwa Islands Economic Zone in order to boost the DPRK-China friendship and expand and develop the external economic relations.
- Rodong Sinmun Editorially Observes Anniversary of KCU KCNA 06 Jun 2011 -- Rodong Sinmun on Monday carries an editorial marking the significant 65th founding anniversary of the Korean Children's Union.
- Rodong Sinmun Calls on S. Korea's Confrontation KCNA 05 Jun 2011 -- All the patriotic forces at home and abroad should firmly unite under the banner of the June 15 joint declaration and the October 4 declaration.
- KPA on Lee Myung Bak and ROK Policy KCNA 05 Jun 2011 -- The General Staff of the Korean People's Army clarified its strong stand regarding Lee Myung Bak.
- Papers on Development of DPRK-China Friendship KCNA 05 Jun 2011 -- General Secretary Kim Jong Il's visit to China in May clearly proved the unreserved support, firm solidarity and true relations of cooperation.
- Kim Jong Il Enjoys Art Performance Given by Builders KCNA 05 Jun 2011 -- General Secretary Kim Jong Il enjoyed a performance given by the art group of the builders for overseas projects.
- Choe Yong Rim Acquaint Himself with Work at Komdok Mining Complex KCNA 03 Jun 2011 -- Premier of the DPRK Choe Yong Rim acquainted himself with the work at the Komdok Mining Complex on the spot.
- KPA to Take Thousand-fold Revenge on Lee Myung Bak Group KCNA 03 Jun 2011 -- A spokesman for the General Staff of the Korean People's Army issued the following statement Friday in denunciation of the hideous crimes committed by the south Korean group of traitors recently:
- Mansudae Area in Pyongyang to Take on New Looks KCNA 03 Jun 2011 -- There started the project to build on the best level the Mansudae area in Pyongyang where President Kim Il Sung's statue stands in the run-up to the centenary of his birth.
- Kim Jong Il Provides Field Guidance to Fish Breeding Institute KCNA 02 Jun 2011 -- General Secretary Kim Jong Il provided field guidance to the fish breeding institute managed by Sin Chol Hui whose capacity has been expanded on a modern basis.
- Kim Jong Il Provides Field Guidance to Kosan Fruit Farm KCNA 02 Jun 2011 -- General Secretary Kim Jong Il provided field guidance to the Kosan Fruit Farm.
- Exploits Performed by Kim Jong Il for Development of DPRK-China Friendship Praised KCNA 02 Jun 2011 -- Rodong Sinmun Thursday in a by-lined article praises the undying exploits General Secretary Kim Jong Il performed in his external activities for boosting the DPRK-China friendly relations in the new century.
- Rodong Sinmun on Way for Improving Inter-Korean Relations KCNA 02 Jun 2011 -- To bring the Lee Myung Bak conservative regime to collapse is a prerequisite for achieving peace on the Korean Peninsula, improving the inter-Korean relations and attaining national reunification, says Rodong Sinmun Thursday in a by-line article.
- South Korea Acknowledges Secret Talks with North VOA 02 Jun 2011 -- South Korea's government on Thursday admitted it held secret discussions with North Korea last month. South Korea's president is facing criticism across the domestic political spectrum for the talks, which were revealed by Pyongyang.
- Lee Myung Bak Group Can Never Evade Responsibility for Bringing Inter-Korean Relations to Collapse: Spokesman for NDC KCNA 01 Jun 2011 -- The Lee Myung Bak group of traitors on May 19 let a guy claiming to be a spokesman for Chongwadae spread rumor that the 'true intention' reflected in Lee's 'Berlin proposal' was conveyed to the DPRK side at a secret contact made between the north and the south of Korea in Beijing recently. A spokesman for the DPRK National Defence Commission Wednesday gave the following answer to a question put by KCNA as regards this:
- Minju Joson Blasts Japanese Reactionaries' Reckless Military Moves KCNA 01 Jun 2011 -- The Defense Ministry of Japan made a final decision recently to host the take-off and landing exercise of carrier-based planes on Mage Island in Kagoshima Prefecture after their transfer from the U.S. forces Atsugi base to the Iwakuni base under a realignment plan of the U.S. forces in Japan.
- Lee Myung Bak Blamed for Pushing North-South Relations to Uncontrollable Phase KCNA 01 Jun 2011 -- The north-south relations reached an uncontrollable phase. This is entirely attributable to the Lee Myung Bak group which escalated confrontation with the DPRK from the very day it came to power.
- Lee Myung Bak Group Accused of Its Action to Scuttle Reunification Event KCNA 01 Jun 2011 -- The south Korean puppet conservative group recently committed an anti-reunification action by disallowing the delegation of the South Side Committee for Implementing the June 15 Joint Declaration to visit Kaesong for contact among the north, south and overseas sides of All-Korean Committee for Implementation of June 15 Joint Declaration.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list