24 March 2004 - North Korea Special Weapons News
- Telephone notification received from North Korea suggesting delay of working-level meetings in Gaeseong to early April ROK Ministry of Unificatino 24 Mar 2004
- NORTH KOREA/JUCHE IDEOLOGY VOA 24 Mar 2004 -- North Korea is known around the world as one of the last surviving hard-line communist states. But for most North Koreans, it is juche - a philosophy of extreme self-reliance, not communism - that guides their lives and economic activity.
- N. KOREA / NUCLEAR TALKS VOA 24 Mar 2004 -- China's Foreign Minister met with North Korean leader Kim Jong-il Wednesday, in hopes of pushing diplomacy forward on the issue of the North's nuclear weapons programs.
- 6th Kimilsungia Festival to Be Held KCNA 24 Mar 2004 -- The 6th Kimilsungia Festival will be held in Pyongyang on the occasion of the Day of the Sun, the birth anniversary of President Kim Il Sung.
- Japan Urged to Drop Its Wild Ambition to Stifle DPRK KCNA 24 Mar 2004 -- Rodong Sinmun today carries its commentator's article headlined "Ambition of Japanese Reactionaries to Stifle DPRK Can Never Be Realized."
- U.S. - S. Korea Joint Military Drills under Fire KCNA 24 Mar 2004 -- Minju Joson today in a signed commentary terms the RSOI and Foal Eagle exercises now underway in south Korea a very adventurous war drill aimed to complete the preparations for a war as they are aimed to launch a preemptive attack on the DPRK and seize it by force of arms and a premeditated play with fire designed to deliberately escalate the tensions in a bid to chill the atmosphere of reconciliation and cooperation on the Korean peninsula and check the development of the inter-Korean relations.
- PRC Foreign Minister and His Party Arrive KCNA 24 Mar 2004 -- Foreign Minister of the People's Republic of China Li Zhaoxing and his party arrived here today at the invitation of Paek Nam Sun, foreign minister of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
- U.S. Persistently Increases Tension in Korea KCNA 24 Mar 2004 -- The U.S. forces in south Korea have started Foal Eagle joint military maneuvers and Reception, Staging, Onward Movement and Integration exercises with south Korean troops in defiance of strong protest of the Korean people and other people across the world.
- Talks Held between DPRK and PRC Foreign Ministers KCNA 24 Mar 2004 -- Talks were held between Paek Nam Sun, foreign minister of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, and Li Zhaoxing, foreign minister of the People's Republic of China, here today.
- Banquet Given for Chinese FM and His Party KCNA 24 Mar 2004 -- The DPRK government arranged a banquet in honor of the visiting Chinese foreign minister and his party this evening. Present at the banquet on invitation were Li Zhaoxing, foreign minister of China, and his party, Wu Donghe, Chinese ambassador to the DPRK, and staff members of the embassy.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|