An-140-100 aircraft was created by ANTK Antonov, manufactured by Kharkov State Aircraft Manufacturing Company (KSAMC), and completed with a new interior of a passenger cabin designed and produced by InterAMI Interior. The aircraft is designed for passenger and combined cargo/passenger service on a distance up to 3700 km.
An-140-100 is a twin-engine high-wing aircraft built to carry up to 52 passengers. The aircraft is equipped with rugged landing gear with low-pressure tires for rough field capability. Tricycle landing gear configuration improves ground handling and visibility. The reinforced landing gear and AI9-3B auxiliary power unit, installed in the rear fuselage section, allows independent aircraft operation from unpaved, pebbled, icy and snowbound airfields. Among the distinctive features of An-140-100 are:
- An-140-100 demonstrates excellent performance under "hot and high" conditions.
- Aircraft can be operated on small underequipped airfields that have short runways with low pavement strength (including unpaved).
- The overall comfort of An-140-100 passenger cabin is significantly improved due to the low noise and vibration, modern interior, optimum seating arrangement, and highly efficient ventilation and lighting systems that correspond to international standards and requirements.
- An-140-100 load capacity is the highest in its class, overhead stowage bins provide a lot of space of passengers' carry-on luggage.
- Wide variety of interior configurations are available on demand.
- Aircraft has a high fuel efficiency.
- An-140-100 is a highly reliable aircraft with easy maintenance procedures.
- Among the other distinctive features of An-140-100 are low operation and maintenance costs and "on-condition" maintenance strategy.
AN-140-100 corresponds to AR-25 and international environmental protection standards and certified by AR-25 airworthiness standard.
AN-140 certification has been confirmed with:
- AR-25 airworthiness certificate;
- Type certificate # CT 184-AN-140 dated 25 April 2000 for AN-140, AN-140-100 issued by International Aviation Committee
- Type certificate # TL 0010 dated 25 April 2000 issued by State Aviation Administration of Ukraine AN-140 meets FAA Regulations:
- Part 25 (FAR-25) - aircraft airworthiness standards, transport category;
- Part 34 (FAR-34) - limits for fuel leakage and emission of aircraft exhaust gases;
- Part 36 (FAR-36) - maximum permissible noise requirements.
An-140-100 in its basic configuration is designed to carry up to 52 passengers. An-140-100 has two spacious luggage and cargo compartments with the total volume of 9.1 m3, which is 30 to 50 percent more that those of other aircraft of the same class. New interior of a passenger cabin of An-140 aircraft, designed and developed by InterAMI Interior, is nice and comfortable. An-140 -100is furnished with highly comfortable passenger seats, noise-absorbing panels, multi-channel entertainment system, and overhead stowage bins of the new construction designed specifically for An-140-100. The high standards of comfort and efficiency of AN-140-100 make it ideal for all types of operations on domestic routes as well as for worldwide operations under any weather conditions.
An-140-100 avionics and low noise and emission fully correspond to the world standards.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|