Type 86 100mm Anti-Tank Gun
The Type 86, A high pressure 100mm anti-tank gun, was one of the main projects of the Sixth Five Year Plan. In 1986, using advances in the production of gun steel and other gun materials, the No. 247 and No. 803 Factories produced a new gun system known as the Type 86. The Type 86 was more powerful than previous anti-tank gun systems in China ’s inventory, and is supposedly effective against composite and spaced armor.
The Type 86 100 mm anti-tank guns, compared to the 73 type anti-tank gun, has the following characteristics,
- a powerful, emission tungsten bombs at a distance of 3800-4000 m can effectively destroy armored battle tanks before its wear A capacity than U.S. M68V105 mm tank gun, [tungsten bullet fired FP105,]
- high chamber pressure, high velocity, firing tungsten bombs, chamber pressure up to 450 MPa,
- direct distance, shooting accuracy high, tungsten projectile direct distance of 1,800 meters, 1,000 meters on target shooting, its vertical target density of up to 0.3x0.3.
- tube, long life,
- equipped with a variety of ammunition,
- reasonable structure, convenient operation aiming fast.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|