9th Fighter Division
The 9th Fighter Division was established in December 1950 at Jilin and was initially comprised of the 25th and 27th regiments. In September 1955 the division was inactivated and its aircraft were transferred to the PLANAF and activated as the 5th Division. In March 1956 the 9th Division was reestablished.
Aircraft from the 9th Fighter Division took part in the October 1, 1999 National Day Celebration.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|