The Largest Security-Cleared Career Network for Defense and Intelligence Jobs - JOIN NOW

Military


Chilean Army Reserve / Reservistas

The reserves were born with the arrival of the troops of the King of Spain to Chile in 1603. They generated a continued presence of soldiers and units, which constituted the regular troops of the Crown. These units were supported by local militias and thus constitute the first glimpse of the current reserves. At the dawn of independence militias actively participated in the campaigns of the patriot army. The first Government, in addition to organizing the first units of the army, encouraged the acquisition of weapons, having citizens armed military body, giving them a shield to arm with the motto "with its value and sword he saved the armed patriotic". Until 02 October 1814, militias were actively involved in the campaigns of the patriot army, dissolving these along with the destruction of that army.

In 1830 the civic guard was created and to deal with the war against the Confederation in the armed corps, incorporating mobilized citizens are increased. In December 1884, the ground forces were organized into three large nuclei. The first of these was the permanent army, second the mobilized national guard, and the third core was sedentary National Guard. Without entering upon any discussion as to the causes of the 1881 war between Chile on the one side and Peru and Bolivia on the other, Chile long maintained that the war was not one of conquest, but in defense of Chile's rights, in circumstances where it was absolutely unprepared, without arms and all its national guard released. The country afterwards remained organized on a military footing in case of foreign war.

As of 1901 compulsory service remained, and by it 15,000 men were instructed annually, and the National Guard had 500,000 citizens registered. By 1905 the regular army, reinforced by a part of the national guard, amounted to 150,000 men; the remainder of the national guard, those having made the compulsory service, to 350,000. Under the Law of 1910 all males born in Chile, whether of native or foreign parentage, were subject to compulsory service, mitigated by the system of conscription. The permanent forces as of 1914 were fixed at 23,216, of which 17,132 are in the land forces. The National Guard was supposed to comprise all other men between the ages of 20 and 45. The war strength of the first line was estimated at 150,000, and of the second and third lines (or National Guard) at 450,000.

On completion of their period of training, conscripts are required to serve in the Active Reserve for a period of twelve years and then in the Second Reserve until the age of forty-five. The Armed Forces Reserve are people, without distinction of gender, of the required military age, with or without military training, that meet the conditions to be mobilized by the Armed Forces. The military or Armed Forces reserve is formed with the following personnel:

  • Personnel retired from the permanent staff of the services of the Armed Forces
  • Personnel from the Officers and NCO schools of the Armed Forces, ho-norably discharged.
  • Personnel with military training from compulsory military service, a professional military course or other special course.
  • Personnel without military training.

Apart from the skeleton cadres of the regular armed forces, the Libraray of Congress Country Study reported that "no effective reserve organization appeared to exist" in the early 1990s. Twenty years later, some such organization was in evidence. But these 17 indentifiable units would seem to have on average only a few hundred soldiers apiece, and seem to spend most of their time engaged in community service activities.

3rd. ARMOURED Brigade "Conception"
RESERVIST CENTER CONCEPTION

The end of the year 2001 and in early 2002 saw the merger of the four regiments in the garrison of Antofagasta, forming the regiment reinforced No. 20 "Conception". In previous years the CRs worked in their respective units. Once merged these, was arranged to concentrate all the media and members of the sub. centers of the infantry battalion, artillery group, group of cavalry and a battalion of telecommunications in a single center in the regiment reinforced No. 20 "Conception". It was resolved, than the CC.RR would begin to operate in conjunction with all weapons combined, in a single center, thus creating the new center of reservists "Conception". In the year 2007 in an internal Act, with the presence of the highest authorities of the regiment reinforced No. 20 "La Concepción" Center was opened the reservist "conception. At that time the center of reservists was given a special unit for the functioning and development of their annual activities, which made every weekend, focusing on the retraining, maintenance, indoctrination, as well as social and sport.

reinforced REGIMENT No. 3 "YUNGAY"
RESERVIST CENTER R.R NO. 3

The history of the reservist Center is divided in two important parts. In 1955 a group of officers and NCOs of the Regto occurs in the liceo de hombres de San Felipe. No. 3 "Yungay", with the purpose of inviting the 5th. and 6th. Year of Humanities, to participate in the gun club involving civilians. Being the main reason encourage young people of the time to do his military service. Subsequently the vast majority of them, done his compulsory military service as a student. rom 1974 to 1990, it actively participated in all campaigns. It reached to concentrate a force of 600 men from reserve, for a period of 15 days on location near of San Felipe. Also much of the reservists were called, to produce the year 1978 the mobilization by bordering Argentina problems. This Center participates periodically in instructions for shooting, instruction of skiing in Portillo barracks No. 2, the Aconcagua Valley civil-military ceremonies, celebrations of the day of the reservist. Presentations are always with their own controls, as it has also sponsored a rural school in Putaendo commune. This Center conducts weekly meetings in order to be always informed of the activities of the unit, doing personal link of the 3rd section. These meetings also serve to set to raise funds for the trips that are scheduled. An example of this was the invitation that made US the regiment of infantry no. 9 "chillan" in the month of November 2009, being accompanied by the liaison officer.

infantry REGIMENT No. 1 "BUIN"
RESERVIST CENTER R.I. NO. 1

The history of the Buin Regiment, is nothing more nor nothing less than the history of the army of Chile, because reservatists have been present since the same army formation, when only after little more than two months since the birth of the independent Chile. The Board's newly established Government, fearing the armed intervention of the viceroy of the Peru, proceeded to the creation of line regiments. Thus, was born the "grenadier of infantry battalion" with a complement of 900 dissolutions and reorganizations, is none other than the current "Infantry Regiment No. 1"Buin"." The formation of the first reserves itself such of the Buin Regiment lost in the nebula of the times.

The center of this regiment reservists should his legal training, as all the centers of reservists in the country, pursuant to the third paragraph of article 47 of Decree-law mentioned above, where expresses that "centers of reservists will be units of training or military training of reservists, and their functioning and powers shall be governed by a regulation". Through the years, this center of reservists is active. There have always been staff in instruction and instructors of the unit.

In the early years of this reserve unit, the limited staff available to made services guard and military police within the regiment and at the Parque O'Higgins in the military parade, in addition to other activities, even helping instructors of the companies as replacements squadron commanders or even shooting instructors replacements in the polygon of the regiment. Having the confidence and support of the Commander of the unit, the reserve could participate in different campaigns, highlighting the year 1998 carried out at the level of the II Army Division on grounds of the current Brigade of special operations in Peldehue and 2002, in Machalí, next to all the companies of the regiment. Subsequently all reservists Center staff participated in a course of paratroopers fees made in 2005, to Hill, receiving corresponding certificates and congratulations of the Lord Colonel Director of special forces for their dedication and brilliant performance. In 2007 the reserve staff attended special training of mortar at Pichidangui.

As of 2009 the contingent of reservists from the unit Center exceeded 250 registered people, of which more than 170 are usually present Saturday to receive the instruction of rigor that plant of the regiment personnel delivery enthusiastically.

REGIMENT of infantry no. 16 "TALCA"
"Colonel Alejandro Cruz Vergara" reservist Center

The date 05 September 2002 marks the beginning to the activities of the current center of reservists, remembering to make 2 monthly meetings which are maintained to date. It was agreed at the first meeting calling the reservists of R.I. No. 16 "Talca" Center, with the patronymic name of "Colonel Alejandro Cruz Vergara". Simultaneously was created the Commission "Research and historical dissemination", which has the mission to carry out the review of files, in the same meeting was presented the logo from the center of reservists. During the subsequent months were to make an improvement to the room from the center of reservists, running arrangement of Windows, application of waterproofing in exterior and landscaping around the perimeter. One of the main tasks to materialize by the C.R., is focused on research topics and dissemination of the historical heritage of the unit as well as the city and region, collecting the date an important amount of information and documents of the time.

No. 19 "COLCHAGUA" infantry REGIMENT
Center of reservists R.I. No. 19

Reservists of the 1122 U.B.M Center Remiento of infantry no. 19 "Colchagua", was activated on 05 September 1995 and the date with two Sub centers activated account - Sub-center of Reservists from the City Of CuricÓ And Sub-centere of Reservists in the Commune Of Perailillo.

reinforced REGIMENT No. 7 "CHACABUCO"
Center of reservists "Chap. IGNACIO CARRERA PINTO"

The genesis of this C.R. goes back to the CRs of the Ex R.I. No. 6 "Chacabuco" and former RA. No. 3 "Silva Renald", that date would have more than 40 and 20 years respectively. However, merged in 2004. Thus, infants of the Chacabuco, 25 at the time, reservists more the Gunners of the Silva Renard, 15 on that date, formed the new CR chap. Ignacio Carrera Pinto. Of those 40 active reservists, today the number has increased to 70, coming from various activities and/or civilian professions. Highlights that the CR always is, along with the "Chacabuco" RR7, and community service; This is how it has participated in support activities in floods occurring every year in our city and all tasks of patrolling and guarding services in the places where occurred looting and vandalism in addition in reconstruction after the earthquake of February 27, 2010.

REGIMENT of infantry no. 9 "CHILLÁN"
Center of reservists of R.I. No. 9 "chillan" of the Colonel Cornelio Saavedra

The reservists of the regiment of infantry no. 9 "chillan" Center, began operations on September 05, 1996, by reserve staff convened in such concern date, being mobilization officer at that time, on May. Patricio yews Rodriguez and the mobilization Som non-commissioned officer. Camilo Cancino Valdés.

reinforced REGIMENT No. 14 "AYSEN"
No. 14 "Aysen" reservist Center

With the first crews of the contingent garrisoned year 1949 with the creation of the Regiment No. 14 "Aysen", also born the active reserve in the Region. The events in 1978 with the Argentina Republic, brought about the increase and the active participation of such personnel. Currently the center of reservists of Coyhaique, is working once a month with the reserve personnel, in instruction and in the same way the UBM reservists twelve Sub centers. Work through the month of September finds home controls and instruction and social activities.

REGIMENT of engineers No. 8 "CHILOÉ"
RESERVIST CENTER R.I. NO. 8

This group of reservists, although they are not members of a center of reservists, born by a voluntary concern ex-soldiers from the city of Puerto Aysen, which made his SM in the company of command no. 9 subsidiaries of the former Regto. INF. No. 14 "Aysen". On 30 May 2002, this group met at the fiscal fitness of the city of Puerto Aisén, where was taken as agreement pave the way to form a grouping that would identify them as reservists of the army of Chile, composed by men capable of attend to the call of the motherland, if this requires it. The grouping then composed of citizens of 1982 to 1989 classes, who, motivated by his quality of special forces, after 2 and a half years of conscription, decided to call themselves "The Panthers" grouping. The grouping "The Panthers", is characterized by performing civic activities for the benefit of the population of the commune of Puerto Aysen.

artillery REGIMENT No. 8 "SAN CARLOS DE ANCUD"
Center of reservists "Coyhaique"

The Center of reservists, was created in 1992 with the creation of the Regto. Article No. 8, with seat in the sector of Las Bandurrias, Coyhaique lining. The low participation of citizens attached in the CRs "Coyhaique", is mainly due to the basis of conscription, is the central zone and South of the country. To resolve this shortfall of reservists in the area, the IV's. It has arranged encampment the amount of 49 from citizens of Region XI, which will allow to complete the quota of the artillery group. Sub centers Valle Simpson, white, Villa Ortega, Nirehuao and manuals, dependent on this UBM, have not been controlled since the year 2000, since reservists attending calls, have been very low or nil.

4th. Brigade armored "CHORILLOS"
Center of reservists "chorrillo" Gral. Oscar Novoa Fuentes

In relation to the history of this center of reservists, this was born the year 1970, along with the creation of the armored Battalion No. 5 "Punta Arenas" with seat in the good eye in the city of Punta Arenas sector, then in 1982 with the merger of weapons of cavalry armored No. 6 "dragon" of the Gral. Ramón Freire Serrano, later with the modernisation of the institution in the year 2007 this CR happens to depend on RR No. 15 "dragon" and finally the 01 of January 2010 with the creation of the 4th. Brigade armoured "chorrillo" this Center becomes part of this UAC, counting to date with 181 controlled weapons of infantry, artillery and cavalry armoured reservists.

reinforced REGIMENT No. 4 "RANCAGUA"
RESERVIST CENTER R.R. NO. 4

The "salamandra" unit was created the year 1995, by Colonel Héctor Villagra Massera, then Commander of the Regiment, in order to update the knowledge of the controlled reserve of new technologies in the infantry weapon. This unit is formed by personnel of reservists selected and professional with a complement of officers, noncommissioned officers, classes and soldiers of the army reserve motivated by the values of the institution, who voluntarily attend proceedings in different instructions arranged for the military this year. CRs "salamandra" continues attending retraining shaped altered every 15 days with instructors of the UR and the CRs "salamandra", maintaining updated staff of reservists with a constant retraining comprehensively for play in any unit and/or entrustment.

reinforced REGIMENT No. 24 "HUAMACHUCO"
RESERVIST CENTER R.R. NO. 24

The RR. No. 24 was created by Supreme Decree SSG Dept. II No. 10 - B of 1979 and the center of reservist in 1980, after licensing its first contingent trained in the Highlands. In those years they worked on weekends with reservists spread to plant personnel of the unit, which were controlled in the city of Arica downspouts to this lining and gathered in the current RL # 6 "Pisagua". At present, the reservist Center of this UR meets at Headquarters May. Fontecilla lining in Arica, where are all the activities associated with the reserve having 350 reservists controlled door to door and 70 assets. With the active personnel carried out different activities such as education and training, competence of patrols, ascents, meetings of camaraderie. By 2007 the reservist Center activities are restricted, since by the characteristics of labor and employment of the UR, it suffers in terms of its control and training, adding to this the lack of economic resources that are allocated by the top echelon, so that only succeeds in making a control door to door and celebration of the day of the reservistIn addition to checking the staff framed in the LUM.

military school
RESERVIST MILITARY SCHOOL CENTER

The Center of reservists in the military school is created in 1991 with the change of UBM's two from reserve officers of artillery regiment No. 1 "Tacna", unit which at that time had the trainers courses for officers of Army (AOR). In the year 2002 it was intended to perform a major turnaround at the CREM components incorporating new personnel to the unit. For this purpose a special course that would accommodate to professionals of different areas to strengthen and integrate the reservists as official Center was formed.

BAVE
RESERVIST Center Aviation Brigade army

This reservist Center begins its functions in the year 1998, integrating among its ranks at first to staff officers pilots and mechanical crew in retirement status, which have not developed activities of flights and efficiency there is no funding for this purpose and availability of aerial means for these purposes. Between the years 2000 to 2002, it continued to carry out controls to some promotions comply with the quantities requested at that time by the top echelon. Later, with the closure of the former Regiment No. 22 "Lautaro" in the year 2001, reservists who carried out his military service in different military units of the national territory, they met forming a grouping that was founded with the name of circle of reservists Cachapoal, which since the year 2003, were welcomed by this UBM, going to belong to this unit November. As for the age of its members, the average is more than 45 years who have voluntarily followed by participating in the activities of this center of reservists and including any chance their children who have completed their service military in this unit. During this last and derived from the earthquake that struck the central part of the country, this staff volunteered for emergency housing assembly work on weekends in Cachapoal province.

No. 1 "GRENADIERS" armored CAVALRY REGIMENT
RESERVIST CENTER R.CBL. NO. 1

This center of reservists was created in 1978, and initiated its activities during the same year at the then "Haras National" barracks in the town of San Fernando, participating in campaigns of instruction in fundo San Manuel de Melipilla from 08 to January 12, 1979, this takes part in campaigns of instruction in various places from 1979 to 1985. It conducted instructional activities of barracks between 1985 and 1987. Conducted activities of Headquarters between 1989 and 1997, he then participated in maneuvers in Chañaral from 02 to 13 November 1998. In 1999, the unit where play as Center of reservists was renamed Regiment of cavalry armoured No. 1 "granadero", participating in maneuvers in the locality of Araucarias, Lonquimay, maneuvers in Linares in the year 2000, divisional exercises Brigade village in the year 2001, and in 2002 made statement in the course of combat bikers for the staff of the institution. From 2003 to 2008 they performed instruction of barracks, until later in 2009 R.Cbl. # 1 "granadero", it was transferred to the garrison of Quillota, V region and the center of reservists continues with the statement of barracks in dependencies of R.Art. # 1 "Tacna" in the commune of San Bernardo, depending directly from the R.Cbl. # 1 "granadero".

artillery REGIMENT nº1 "TACNA"
RESERVIST CENTER R.A. NO. 1

The center of reservists was born in 1975 in the barracks of Tupper of the regiment of artillery # 1 "Tacna". In 1989 reservists Center moved next to the regiment of artillery # 1 "Tacna" to its new facilities in the strong Arteaga, where he stays until 2004, date in which artillery No. 1 "Tacna" group is transferred to the school of artillery of Linares, in 2009. The year 2009 the No. 1 "Tacna" artillery regiment was reactivated in the former barracks of the regiment of cavalry armoured No. 1 "granadero", in the commune of San Bernardo. In its 30 years of operation, the Center has saved a large amount of reserve officers, known as the main trainer of officers of this ladder.




NEWSLETTER
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list



 
Page last modified: 29-11-2012 20:18:48 ZULU