LPD 4 Austin class
- USS OGDEN (LPD-5) SHIP'S LOADING CHARACTERISTICS PAMPHLET
- PROFILES AND WEATHER DECK PRESENTATIONS
- FY1996 Ships Class Average Report Navy Visibility and Management of Operating and Support Costs (VAMOSC)
- DUBUQUE Making Final Preparations to Come Home COMNAVSURFPAC Press Release 99-345 -- The Navy's first ever crew swap exchange of command took place between the former San Diego based crew of USS JUNEAU (LPD 10) and the former Sasebo-based crew of USS DUBUQUE (LPD 8). Although the ships exchanged homeports, the crews and their families did not have to permanently move to new homeports. Typically, when a ship moves to a new homeport, the Navy relocates the crew and their families along with the vessel. Although both ships are Austin-class amphibious transport docks, the two vessels were built in different shipyards and have undergone modifications and maintenance in different homeports.
- USS JUNEAU ON VERGE OF COMPLETING FIRST-EVER CREW SWAP EXCHANGE OF COMMAND COMNAVSURFPAC Press Release 99-317 -- The crew of the amphibious transport dock USS JUNEAU (LPD 10) is on the verge of making history as they make their final preparations in the Navy's first-ever crew swap exchange of command.
- USS Juneau to be forward-deployed Navnews 03 November 1998
- USS Duluth Decommissioned After 39 Years Of Service Navy NewsStand 03 Oct 2005
- USS Austin Decommissioned After 41 Years of Naval Service Navy NewsStand 28 Sep 2006
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|