LPD-17 SAN ANTONIO Class
(formerly LX Class)
- LX: Key To The Future For The Amphibious Navy Major John R. Webb, CSC 1992
- FY2003 Report for the Office of the Director, Operational Test & Evaluation [19 MB PDF]
- DOT&E FY01 Annual Report
- LPD 17 Home Page
- LPD 17 Contract Home Page NAVAL SEA SYSTEMS COMMAND
- LPD 17 WORKSHOP REPORT MISSIONS AND OPERATIONAL CAPABILITIES (MONTEREY II) April 1996
- LPD-17 C4I WORKSHOP REPORT June 1996
- CIC/TROOP OPS WORKSHOP REPORT II LPD 17 NAVY/MARINE CORPS WARFIGHTER AND SHIP DESIGNER IPT 16-17 October 1997
- Smart Ship Impact on LPD 17 Design Final Systems Engineering Report (30 November 1997).
- LPD 17 On The Shipbuilding Frontier: Integrated Product & Process Development (344 KB PDF file) Association of Scientists and Engineers 35th Annual Technical Symposium - 17 April 1998
- Advanced Enclosed Mast/Sensor and Visual Display Workshop Final Report 10 December 1997
- SECRETARY OF THE NAVY ASSIGNS NEW SHIP NAMES October 6, 1998 - Secretary of the Navy John H. Dalton has announced his decision to assign names to 13 new Navy ships.
- LPD 17--A Ship Built By and For the Expeditionary Warrior by Gary L Pickens and Rear Admiral L. F. Picotte, USN (Ret.) NAVSEA's Deckplate Jan-Feb 1999 -- The 12 ships of the LPD 17 Class will replace four retiring amphibious ship classes.
- Navy Secretary Assigns New Ship Name, U.S. Department of Defense, 06 October 2000 -- Secretary of the Navy Richard Danzig has announced the decision to name the third amphibious transport dock ship of the San Antonio class, "Mesa Verde" (LPD 19).
- DoD News: Navy To Commission Amphibious Transport Dock Ship New York DoD 04 Nov 2009
- Navy Christens Amphibious Transport Dock Ship New York 27 Feb 2008
- Navy Commissions Amphibious Transport Dock Ship Mesa Verde 12 Dec 2007
- Navy to Commission Amphibious Transport Dock Ship New Orleans 06 Mar 2007
- Navy Christens Amphibious Transport Dock Ship Green Bay 13 Jul 2006
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|