DD-21 Zumwalt - References
- DD 21 RFP Review RFP Review 27 February 1998 [114k PDF]
- DD 21 RFP Review RFP Review 27 February 1998 [275k PDF]
- DESIGNATION OF THE 21ST CENTURY DESTROYER LEAD SHIP 17 December 1997
- SC-21 MANPOWER GOALS 10 Dec 96
- SC 21 Acquisition Decision Memorandum
- SURFACE COMBATANT FOR THE 21ST CENTURY MILESTONE I COEA GUIDANCE 11/8/95
- SC21 Mission Needs Statement 6/22/95
- Program Executive Office for Surface Strike
- DD 21 Website
- PEO DD21 - 21st Century Surface Combatant
- Integrated Power System (IPS) Program
- DD21 Gold Team @ Ingalls Shipbuilding
- Blue Team @ Bath Iron Works
- Part I DD21 Land Attack Destroyer Program Profile -- PDF / 4Mb - right-click to download for offline viewing
- Part IIDD21 Land Attack Destroyer Program Profile -- PDF / 4.5Mb - right-click to download for offline viewing
- DD 21-A Warship for the 21st Century NAVSEA's Deckplate Jan-Feb 1999 -- by Bianca Beeks and Jon Walman -- The DD 21 Class, comprising a total of 32 ships, will begin entering the Fleet at the same time that today's Spruance (DD 963) Class destroyers and Oliver Hazard Perry (FFG 7) Class frigates are slated to retire.
- INTEGRATED POWER SYSTEMS, ELECTRIC DRIVE SELECTED FOR NEW NAVY DESTROYERS (DD 21) January 6, 2000 -- The Department of the Navy announced today that the Land Attack Destroyer (DD 21) will be its first class of ships designed and built during the 21st century to be powered by electric drive featuring an integrated power architecture.
- President Names New Ship Class After Adm. Zumwalt Jul. 4, 2000 - The President announced today that the Navy will honor Navy Adm. Elmo R. "Bud" Zumwalt Jr., by naming its 21st Century Land Attack Destroyer (DD 21) after him.
- NEW CLASS OF SHIP NAMED AFTER ADMIRAL ZUMWALT 04 July 2000 -- President Clinton announces today that the Navy will honor the late Admiral Elmo R. Zumwalt, Jr., by naming its 21st Century Land Attack Destroyer Class (the DD21s), and the lead ship in that class, after him.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|