CVN-78 Gerald R. Ford [ CVN 21 / CVN-X / CVX ] References
- Defense Acquisitions: Assessments of Selected Weapon Programs. March 2008 Government Acountability Office Report [GAO-08-467SP]
- Defense Acquisitions: Assessments of Selected Weapon Programs. March 2007 Government Acountability Office Report [GAO-07-406SP]
- FY2003 Report for the Office of the Director, Operational Test & Evaluation [19 MB PDF]
- DOT&E FY01 Annual Report
- Aircraft Carrier Strategy Air Board Briefing 21-23 October 98
- MEMORANDUM FOR CORRESPONDENTS No. 174-M -- October 9, 1998 -- Defense Acquisition Board (DAB) approved the Navy's request that the CVX class carrier be large deck and nuclear powered.
- MISSION NEED STATEMENT FOR A 21ST CENTURY TACTICAL AVIATION SEA-BASED PLATFORM
- CVX SHIP CONCEPTS GALLERY
- Setting a Course for the 21st Century Carrier Force By David A. Perin NAVAL AVIATION NEWS January-February 1997
- Future Carrier Design Technology Concepts By Bill Deaton NAVAL AVIATION NEWS January-February 1997
- On Track to Tomorrow's Carriers By RAdm. H. T. Rittenour and Capt. Mark O'Hare NAVAL AVIATION NEWS January-February 1997
- Navy Aircraft Carriers: Cost-Effectiveness of Conventionally and Nuclear-Powered Carriers. GAO NSIAD-98-1. 107 pp. plus 8 appendices (85 pp.) August 27, 1998.
- Sea-Based Aviation and the Next U.S. Aircraft Carrier Design: The CVX by Reuven Leopold -- January 1998
The MIT Security Studies Program Center for International Studies
- NAVSEA CVX Homepage
- Team CVX BRIEFINGS / DOCUMENTS
- CVNX-Centerpiece of the New Carrier Fleet by Bob Stephenson and Adrienne Rakotz NAVSEA's Deckplate Jan-Feb 1999 -- CVNX 1, which will replace USS Enterprise (CVN 65) in 2013, is scheduled to begin construction in 2006.
- Two contracts awarded for new carrier electromagnetic launch system. NAVSEA Wire Service 99-32 (December 20, 1999) This phase of the program will consist of the development of a full-scale, reduced-length, fully integrated prototype EMALS, which will replace the current generation of steam catapults in CVNX aircraft carriers.
- DoD News: Navy Names Next Aircraft Carrier USS John F. Kennedy DoD 27 May 2011
- Advance Construction Begins for CVN 21 Navy NewsStand 12 Aug 2005
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|