AGM-158 Joint Air to Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM)
- Defense Acquisitions: Assessments of Selected Weapon Programs. March 2008 Government Acountability Office Report [GAO-08-467SP]
- FY2003 Report for the Office of the Director, Operational Test & Evaluation [19 MB PDF]
- DOT&E FY01 Annual Report
- Precision-Guided Munitions: Acquisition Plans for the Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (Letter Report, 06/28/96, GAO/NSIAD-96-144)
- Joint Air-To-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM) @ Boeing
- Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM) Homepage
- ANNEX F Common Solution/Concept List (U) Air Force Mission Area Plan (MAP) [as of 11 July 1997 - Rev 10] - Detailed and comprehensive Air Combat Command descriptions of weapon system modernization efforts required to satisfy known needs.
- Air Force introduces next generation cruise missile AFPN 09 Mar 2006
- Dyess AFB demonstrates B-1B's upgrades, combat capabilities AFPN 19 Aug 2005
- Competing JASSM contractors chosen 19 June 1996
- NEW MISSILE Voice of America 4/9/98 U-S DEFENSE OFFICIALS HAVE CHOSEN THE LOCKHEED MARTIN CORPORATION TO BUILD THE NEXT GENERATION OF STEALTHY, SMART MISSILES.
- New missile contract comes in at low price : Apr 17, 1998 Air Force News Service -- A new contract will bring the Air Force a state-of-the-art missile, and hard-ball negotiating has knocked off a third of its price tag.
- JASSM Gets Off Ground Successfully AAC Public Affairs, Eglin AFB A successful flight test of Eglin's Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile was conducted Aug 12 at White Sands Missile Range, N.M. The flawless unpowered test indicates that the problem with the electrical system experienced during the missile's first flight test on April 8 has been remedied.
- JASSM To Fly With New Explosive Formulation Release: AFDTC/PA 98-422 -- When JASSM (Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile - a weapon under joint development by the Air Force and Navy), goes into production, its warhead will contain a new explosive formulation.
- CARRIER SUITABILITY TESTING COMPLETED Pax River Tester (Sep 3, 1998) -- Engineers recently completed carrier suitability testing of the Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM) at the Patuxent River TC-7/MK-7 Catapult and Arrestment test site.
- JASSM undergoes cats and traps at Pax The Rocketeer 3 September 1998 -- The JASSM missile, loaded on an F/A-18C, successfully completed a flight test matrix of 6 catapult launches and 15 arrested landings.
- Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile nears production Air Armament Center Public Affairs 20 Nov 1998 -- The JASSM program office is working to bring the missile into active inventory by 2002. The program will enter the engineering and manufacturing development phase in November.
- JASSM Launch & Leave Subsonic Cruise Missile Design Air Force Armament Team News Connection, Eglin AFB (Special Edition - 1999) The Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM) is an all-up-round weapon system stored in its own container. The missile weighs a maximum of 2250 pounds and is 168 inches long and approximately 18 inches in diameter.
- JASSM lifts off at White Sands Missile Range Air Armament Center Public Affairs 27 Aug 1999 -- The Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile flight test was successfully conducted Aug. 12 at White Sands Missile Range, N.M. The flawless unpowered test indicates a problem with the missile's electrical system experienced during the missile's first flight test April 8 has been remedied.
- Air Force restructures Joint Air-To-Surface Standoff Missile (AFPN) 27 Aug 1999 -- The Air Force announced it has approved a plan to restructure the Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile program master schedule and delay the low rate initial production decision from fiscal 2001 to fiscal 2002. This amounts to a 12-month program extension.
- Patent USD0417639: JASSM missile Lockheed Martin Corporation, Palmdale, CA -- Dec. 14, 1999
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|