Government Accountability Office Reports on Military Topics
General Accounting Office
Bases and Infrastructure
Selected Weapon Programs
Procurement and Financial Efficiency
Research & Development
|The Government Accountability Office is the investigative arm of Congress. A database of GAO reports is available at GAO, and another searchable WAIS Database of GAO Reports and Testimony is available @ GPO Access.|
- Defense Acquisitions: Future Ground-Based Vehicles and Network Initiatives Face Development and Funding Challenges. GAO-12-181T, October 26, 2011
- Information Technology: Better Informed Decision Making Needed on Navy's Next Generation Enterprise Network Acquisition, GAO-11-150, Mar 11, 2011
- DOD Systems Modernization: Maintaining Effective Communication Is Needed to Help Ensure the Army's Successful Deployment of the Defense Integrated Military Human Resources System, GAO-08-927R, Sep 8, 2008
- Defense Acquisitions: Department of Defense Needs Framework for Balancing Investments in Tactical Radios, GAO-08-877, Aug 15, 2008
- Department of Defense Pilot Authority for Acquiring Information Technology Services under OMB Circular A-76 GAO-08-753R May 29, 2008
- Defense Logistics: Better Strategic Planning Needed to Improve DOD's Implementation of Passive Radio Frequency Identification. GAO-05-345, September 12, 2005. [PDF 1.8MB]
- Defense Acquisitions: Resolving Development Risks in the Army's Networked Communications Capabilities Is Key to Fielding Future Force. GAO-05-669, June 15, 2005.
- Telecommunications: Market Developments in the Global Satellite Services Industry and the Implementation of the ORBIT Act, by JayEtta Hecker, director, physical infrastructure, before the Subcommittee on Telecommunications and the Internet, House Committee on Energy and Commerce. GAO-05-550T, April 14, 2005.
- Interdepartment Radio Advisory Committee: IRAC Representatives Effectively Coordinate Federal Spectrum but Lack Seniority to Advise on Contentious Policy Issues. GAO-04-1028, September 30, 2004.
- Telecommunications: Intelsat Privatization and the Implementation of the ORBIT Act. GAO-04-891, September 13, 2004.
- Information Technology: DOD's Acquisition Policies and Guidance Need to Incorporate Additional Best Practices and Controls. GAO-04-722, July 30, 2004.
- Spectrum Management: Better Knowledge Needed to Take Advantage of Technologies That May Improve Spectrum Efficiency. GAO-04-666, May 28, 2004.
- Challenges and Risks Associated with the Joint Tactical Radio System Program (GAO-03-879R), August 11, 2003 [PDF 643 Kb]
- Information Security: Further Efforts Needed to Implement Statutory Requirements in DOD, by Robert F. Dacey, director, information systems security, before the Subcommittee on Terrorism, Unconventional Threats, and Capabilities, House Committee on Armed Services (GAO-03-1037T) July 24, 2003 [PDF 366 Kb]
- Defense Management: Installation of Telecommunications Equipment in the Homes of Volunteers, June 17, 2003 (GAO-03-838R) [PDF 78 Kb]
- Spectrum Management in Defense Acquisitions, May 1, 2003 (GAO-03-617R) [PDF 385 Kb]
- Information Technology: DOD Needs to Leverage Lessons Learned from Its Outsourcing Projects, April 25, 2003 (GAO-03-371) [PDF 1.17 Mb]
- Information Technology: Observations on Department of Defense's Draft Enterprise Architecture, March 28, 2003 (GAO-03-571R) [PDF 161 Kb]
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY: Issues Affecting Cost Impact of Navy Marine Corps Intranet Need to Be Resolved, October 2002, (GAO-03-33) [PDF 287 Kb]
- NATIONAL GUARD: Effective Management Processes Needed for Wide-Area Network, September 2002, (GAO-02-959) [PDF 899 Kb]
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY: DOD Needs to Improve Process for Ensuring Interoperability of Telecommunications Switches, June 2002, (GAO-02-681) [PDF 623 Kb]
- Defense Spectrum Management: More Analysis Needed to Support Spectrum Use Decisions for the 1755-1850 MHz Band, (20-AUG-01, GAO-01-795). [PDF 627 Kb]
- Defense Spectrum Management: New Procedures Could Help Reduce Interference Problems, (17-MAY-01, GAO-01-604). [PDF 109 Kb]
- Information Security: Progress and Challenges to an Effective Defense-wide Information Assurance Program, (30-MAR-01, GAO-01-307). [PDF 302 Kb]
- Information Security: Challenges to Improving DOD's Incident Response Capabilities, (29-MAR-01, GAO-01-341). [PDF 325 Kb]
- DOD INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY: Software and Systems Process Improvement Programs Vary in Use of Best Practices, March 2001, (GAO-01-116) [PDF 926 Kb]
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|