SUPERVISE PLATOON COMPLIANCE
WITH HOST-NATION, FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL
ENVIRONMENTAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS
United States Army Engineer School
Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri 65473
5 Credit Hours
Edition Date: January 1999
This subcourse addresses platoon leadership and compliance with host-nation, federal, state, and local environmental laws and regulations while participating in a field training exercise (FTX). This course is designed to provide platoon leaders with the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to supervise compliance with host-nation, federal, state, and local environmental laws and regulations. Platoon leaders must demonstrate knowledge of unit and environmental issues while
- Completing an environmental risk-management work sheet
- Conducting an environmental self-assessment.
- Integrating environmental training issues into the training-management cycle.
Work must be accomplished in a manner consistent with environmental laws and regulations.
You must complete the following three prerequisites before you begin studying the material in this subcourse:
- Army Correspondence Course Program (ACCP), Sbcourse Engineer ( EN5707). Comply With Host-Nation, Federal, State, and Local Environmenta Laws and Regulations. March 1998.
- ACCP, Subcourse Interschool (IS8718). Training / Training Management, Part I. March 1987.
- ACCP, Subcourse (IS8719). Training / Training Management, Part II. March 1987.
This subcourse reflects the doctrine that was current when this subcourse was prepared. In your work, always refer to the latest official publications.
Unless otherwise stated, the masculine gender of singular pronouns is used to refer to both men and women.
TERMINAL LEARNING OBJECTIVE:
|ACTION:||You will learn to supervise a platoon's compliance with host-nation, federal, state, and local environmental laws and regulations while conducting a FTX.|
|CONDITION:||Given the information in this subcourse.|
|STANDARD:||To demonstrate competency of this task, you must achieve a minimum of 70 percent on the subcourse examination.|
TABLE OF CONTENTS
FM 20-400. Military Environmental Protection.
Use the above publication FM 20-400 extract to take this subcourse. At the time this subcourse was written, this was the current publication. In your work situation, always refer to the latest official publication.