14 October 2019 Military News
Defense Policy / Programs
- SecArmy highlights top priorities at AUSA opening Army News 14 Oct 2019 -- After a personal look at Soldiers who make up today's Army, the service's new secretary delved deeper Monday into what the force needs to compete against near-peer threats.
- Secretary General addresses the NATO Parliamentary Assembly in London NATO 14 Oct 2019 -- NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg outlined the key challenges and opportunities facing the Alliance in a keynote speech to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly in London on Monday (14 October 2019).
- Defence Secretary Ben Wallace addresses the NATO Parliamentary Assembly 2019 UK MOD 14 Oct 2019 -- Defence Secretary Ben Wallace addressed parliamentarians from across the NATO Alliance at the NATO Parliamentary Assembly on Monday 14 October 2019.
- Putin urges U.S. to support extending nuclear arms reduction treaty People's Daily 14 Oct 2019 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin warned the United States that refusing to extend the New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (New START) would bring more danger and uncertainties to world security, the Kremlin said Sunday.
- Russia Readies Major Strategic-Missile-Forces Drills RFE/RL 14 Oct 2019 -- Russia says it will test its Strategic Missile Forces this week in a three-day exercise set to include ballistic and cruise missiles fired from the land, sea, and air.
- Russian Army to Launch Cruise & Ballistic Missiles During Drills on 15-17 October - Defence Ministry Sputnik 14 Oct 2019 -- According to the Russian Defence Ministry, 12,000 servicemen, 213 launch facilities, strategic aviation, and surface vessels will take part in a three-day military exercise that kicks off on Tuesday.
- China-Russia missile defense cooperation needed Global Times 14 Oct 2019 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin on October 3 spoke of helping "Chinese partners create a missile attack warning system" at the final plenary session of the 16th meeting of the Valdai International Discussion Club in Sochi, Russia. The "big secret" has drawn attention of international media due to not only the way Putin revealed it but also the context in which it was revealed.
- Decades of training foreign officers boost China's military diplomacy Global Times 14 Oct 2019 -- The National Defense University of the People's Liberation Army (NDU, PLA), China's top military college directly under the leadership of the Central Military Commission (CMC), was one of the first Chinese colleges to provide training to foreign military officers, having done so since 1956.
- Stealth fighters join PLA air force ace unit People's Daily 14 Oct 2019 -- China's J-20 stealth fighter jets have been commissioned into an ace unit of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) air force, a spokesperson said Sunday.
- Meet the New Military-Industrial Complex in Taiwan VOA 14 Oct 2019 -- Taiwan set out nearly 50 years ago to grow its own defense industry because the island's leaders never know how many arms they can get from abroad. Taiwan seeks a strong defense to deter China, an old military adversary with the world's third strongest armed forces.
- Remarks by President Trump at Values Voter Summit The White House 14 Oct 2019
- 14 October 2019 - Daily Press Briefing by the Office of the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General United Nations 14 Oct 2019
- Vietnam Pulls Film Showing China's Claims to South China Sea Radio Free Asia 14 Oct 2019 -- Vietnam has pulled an animated film from the country's theaters that shows a map placing the disputed South China Sea fully within China's jurisdiction, as tensions continue over Chinese incursions into waters claimed by Vietnam as its exclusive economic zone, media sources said on Monday.
- Yemen's Houthis Launch Large-Scale Attack on Gov't Military Positions in Hajjah Province Sputnik 14 Oct 2019 -- Clashes between the Houthi rebel movement, also known as Ansar Allah, and the Yemeni government forces resumed on Monday in Yemen's northwestern province of Hajjah, a local military source stated.
- Text of a Letter to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President of the Senate The White House 14 Oct 2019
- Statement from President Donald J. Trump Regarding Turkey's Actions in Northeast Syria The White House 14 Oct 2019
- Sanctioning the Government of Turkey in Response to the Ongoing Military Offensive in Northeast Syria US Dept. of State 14 Oct 2019 -- "On Friday, the United States signaled its intent to take action in response to Turkey's ongoing unilateral military offensive in northeast Syria. President Donald J. Trump has now signed an Executive Order to press Turkey to halt its military offensive against northeast Syria and adopt an immediate ceasefire."
- Treasury Designates Turkish Ministries and Senior Officials in Response to Military Action in Syria US Treasury 14 Oct 2019 -- "Today, the U.S. Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) took action against two ministries and three senior Turkish Government officials in response to Turkey's military operations in Syria. The Turkish Government's actions are endangering innocent civilians, and destabilizing the region, including undermining the campaign to defeat ISIS."
- Trump: US Will Impose 'Big Sanctions' Against Turkey for Onslaught on Kurds VOA 14 Oct 2019 -- U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday promised "big sanctions" against Turkey for its invasion into northern Syria against Kurdish fighters, but again defended his withdrawal of American troops who had been fighting alongside the Kurds against Islamic State terrorists.
- Trump: 'Big sanctions on Turkey coming' Press TV 14 Oct 2019 -- US President Donald Trump has said that "big sanctions" on Turkey are coming after its military launched an offensive against Kurdish fighters in northern Syria.
- US Defense Secretary Blasts Erdogan for 'Unnecessary' Syria Incursion VOA 14 Oct 2019 -- U.S. Defense Secretary Mark Esper says Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan "bears full responsibility" for the resurgence of Islamic State, a growing humanitarian crisis, and possible war crimes.
- Statement by Secretary of Defense Dr. Mark T. Esper Regarding Turkey, Syria Border Actions DoD 14 Oct 2019 -- "Despite the opposition and repeated warnings from the United States and the international community, Turkish President Erdogan ordered a unilateral invasion of northern Syria that has resulted in widespread casualties, refugees, destruction, insecurity, and a growing threat to U.S. military forces."
- Turkey will march on no matter what anyone says: Erdogan Press TV 14 Oct 2019 -- President Recep Tayyip Erdogan says Turkey will not back down from its offensive against Kurdish militants in northeastern Syria irrespective of "what anyone says."
- EU censures Turkey's Syria incursion, warns of consequences Press TV 14 Oct 2019 -- The European Union has censured Turkey's offensive against Kurds in northeastern Syria, warning about "dramatic consequences" of Ankara's action.
- EU Nations Urge All Member-States to Halt Arms Sales to Turkey Amid Syria Offensive Sputnik 14 Oct 2019 -- France and Germany have previously restricted the sale of weapons to Ankara, criticising Turkey for its offensive against Kurdish-led militia in northern Syria.
- French Foreign Minister Calls on EU to Consider Turkish Arms Embargo Amid Syria Offensive Sputnik 14 Oct 2019 -- Ankara launched "Operation Peace Spring" last Wednesday, vowing to drive Daesh* terrorists and US-backed Kurdish fighters from the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) out of northern Syria, resulting in an escalation of tensions in the region.
- Military operation in northeast Syria could see unintentional release of ISIL affiliates: UN chief UN News 14 Oct 2019 -- The ongoing Turkish military incursion in northeast Syria could unintentionally lead to the release of scores of people associated with the terrorist group ISIL, the UN Secretary-General fears.
- UN Chief Calls for 'Immediate De-escalation' in NE Syria VOA 14 Oct 2019 -- U.N. Secretary-General António Guterres called Monday for the "immediate de-escalation" of the situation in northeastern Syria, as the humanitarian situation rapidly worsens with Turkey's military pushing farther into the area.
- Kremlin Confident Turkey Will Soon Halt Syria Incursion VOA 14 Oct 2019 -- Russian officials say they expect Turkey to start halting soon its cross-border incursion in north-eastern Syria. They say Syria's Kurds have agreed to shelve their plans for a self-governing state and Kurdish fighters will join Syrian forces patrolling the border.
- Syrian govt., not US, must protect Kurds against Turkey: Trump Press TV 14 Oct 2019 -- US President Donald Trump says the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and other countries should be responsible for protecting the US-allied Kurds in northern Syria against a Turkish incursion, not the US which is "7,000 miles away" from Syria.
- Syrian army troops enter key northern city of Manbij: SANA Press TV 14 Oct 2019 -- Syrian government troops have entered the northern Kurdish-held city of Manbij on the sixth day of Turkey's aggression against the Arab country, state media says.
- Syrian troops enter three towns after deal with Kurds Press TV 14 Oct 2019 -- Syrian army troops have entered the towns of Tabqah, Ain Issa and Tel Tamer in northeastern Syria after Damascus reached an agreement with Kurds in the region to deploy troops in the area, state media report.
- Syrian Kurds: Russia-Brokered Deal With Assad Meant To Protect Border RFE/RL 14 Oct 2019 -- Syrian Kurdish leaders say a Moscow-brokered deal with President Bashar al-Assad's government centers for now on Syrian troops deploying along the border and the two sides will discuss politics later.
- Turkish Assault On Syria Puts Tajik 'Islamic State' Women In Peril RFE/RL 14 Oct 2019 -- The Turkish military incursion into northern Syria has sparked "fear and panic" in displacement camps that houses thousands of women and children with suspected links to Islamic State (IS), according to Tajik women living there.
- Trump Says Syria's Assad Should Protect Kurds After US Troops Pullout Sputnik 14 Oct 2019 -- US President Donald Trump said Monday he hoped that Syrian President Bashar Assad would do a great job protecting Syrian Kurds from Turkey after most of US troops were withdrawn.
- Syrian Kurdish forces declare deal with gov't to confront Turkish assault People's Daily 14 Oct 2019 -- The Kurdish Autonomous Administration of North and East Syria, known as Rojava, said on Sunday that it had reached an agreement with the Syrian government to confront the current Turkish assault.
- Turkish Airstrike on Kurdish Convoy in Syria Kills 11, Injures 74, Including Journalists - Reports Sputnik 14 Oct 2019 -- At least 11 people were killed and 74 injured in a Turkish airstrike on a convoy in northern Syria, Kurdish media reported Sunday.
- Philippine Army to Set Up Military Camp Near War-Torn Marawi Sputnik 14 Oct 2019 -- The Philippine Army has announced that it will begin building new military camps outside Marawi, the predominantly-Muslim city that saw fierce fighting between Philippine forces and affiliates of the Daesh* terrorist group in 2017.
- Arakan Army Shows Off Video of Rakhine Defector From Myanmar Military Radio Free Asia 14 Oct 2019 -- The Arakan Army has released a video of an ethnic Rakhine soldier who joined the rebel military after he defected from the Myanmar military, in which he alleges that government forces routinely discriminate against minority soldiers among its ranks and abuse Rakhine civilians.
- Zelenskiy Visits Front Line On Ukraine's Defenders Day, As Tens Of Thousands Rally In Kyiv RFE/RL 14 Oct 2019 -- President Volodymyr Zelenskiy has marked Ukraine's Defenders Day holiday with a visit to troops deployed on the front line in the eastern region of Donetsk, where Ukrainian armed forces have been fighting Russia-backed separatists for more than five years.
- Ukraine Sees Hope For 'Last Chance' Peace Summit In Mid-November RFE/RL 14 Oct 2019 -- Ukrainian Foreign Minister Vadym Prystayko says a peace summit could take place in Paris in mid-November if Kyiv and Moscow-backed rebels in eastern Ukraine can maintain a cease-fire in a conflict that has killed some 13,000 people since April 2014, Reuters reported.
- Ukraine's Zelenskiy Urges Defender Day Rally Goers To Not Give Russian TV 'Eloquent' Material RFE/RL 14 Oct 2019 -- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy has warned rally participants for the October 14 Day of Defenders holiday to not provide Russian television channels any material they could use to portray the country in a negative light.
- Former Trump Foreign Policy Aide Testifies at His Impeachment Inquiry VOA 14 Oct 2019 -- U.S. President Donald Trump's former top aide on Russia and Europe testified behind closed doors at his impeachment inquiry Monday, possibly shedding light on Trump's May firing of Marie Yovanovitch, the former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine.
- Spain at Odds With US on Venezuela's Former Spy Chief VOA 14 Oct 2019 -- For weeks, Spain has rejected repeated U.S. requests for the extradition of former Venezuelan spy chief Hugo Carvajal, wanted in the United States on drug trafficking and narco-terrorism charges.
- Russia Turns the Screws on Internet Freedom VOA 14 Oct 2019 -- New legislation likely to be introduced next month in Russia's Duma, or lower chamber of parliament, would see tighter restrictions on the internet and on computers, tablets and other devices used to access the internet.
- Moscow, Riyadh Vow To Develop 'Friendly' Ties During Putin's Visit RFE/RL 14 Oct 2019 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin has held talks with Saudi Arabia's king and crown prince in Riyadh as Moscow seeks to increase its presence across the Mideast.
- Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, President of Russian Federation, Witness Saudi-Russian Energy Partnership Event, Co-signing Cooperation Charter, Exchanging Agreements' Ceremonies SPA 14 Oct 2019 -- The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and the President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin witnessed here today, the Saudi-Russian Energy Partnership Event, for co-signing of the cooperation charter and exchanging agreements between the governments of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Russian Federation, in the presence of His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense.
- Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Hold Talks with President of the Russian Federation SPA 14 Oct 2019 -- The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud held official talks with the Russian President Vladimir Putin, in the presence of His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdul Aziz, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense.
- HRH Crown Prince, Russian President Hold Official Talks SPA 14 Oct 2019 -- His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz, Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense and the visiting Russian President Vladimir Putin, held official talks here today.
- Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Receives Russian President SPA 14 Oct 2019 -- The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud received at Al-Yamamah Palace in Riyadh today President Vladimir Putin of the Russian Federation.
- Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Receives US Assistant Secretary of State for Political and Military Affairs and Undersecretary of Defense for Policy SPA 14 Oct 2019 -- Minister of State for Foreign Affairs and Cabinet's Member Adel bin Ahmed Al-Jubeir received here today United States Assistant Secretary of State for Political and Military Affairs, Rene Clarke Cooper and Undersecretary of Defense for Policy, John C. Rood.
- HRH Crown Prince and Russian President Co-Chair 1st Meeting of the Saudi-Russian Economic Committee SPA 14 Oct 2019 -- His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz, the Crown Prince, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense, and President Vladimir Putin of the Russian Federation co-chaired here today the 1st meeting of the Saudi-Russian Economic Committee, in the presence of the delegations of the two countries.
- Putin Makes First Visit to Saudi Arabia Since 2007 VOA 14 Oct 2019 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin received a cordial welcome Monday in the Saudi capital, Riyadh, where his limousine was escorted from the airport to the royal palace by a royal horse guard. Both Putin and Saudi King Salman spoke of improving trade ties, and emphasized that their relationship would not be at the expense of their allies and partners.
- Mossad chief admits to having 'prestigious' assassination list Press TV 14 Oct 2019 -- Yossi Cohen, who is the director of the Israeli spy agency Mossad, has acknowledged having a "prestigious" assassination list at his disposal, claiming that targeting foreign influential figures, including Iran's Major General Qassem Soleimani, is "not impossible."
- Security Researchers Find Android Backdoor in Xi Jinping Thought Study App Radio Free Asia 14 Oct 2019 -- A patriotic app promoted by the Chinese Communist Party as a tool for ideological education contains a security backdoor enabling remote access to Android smartphones, security researchers have found.
- Russian Wedding Photos Highlight Novichok Suspect's Security Ties RFE/RL 14 Oct 2019
- Citizens Fight Over Feces to Fill Human Fertilizer Quota in North Korea Radio Free Asia 14 Oct 2019 -- Competition for human feces has become cutthroat in North Korea, as authorities have burdened citizens with impossible collection quotas to prepare fertilizer for next year's farming season.
- US Ambassador: N. Korea Asked for 'Everything' While Offering Nothing VOA 14 Oct 2019 -- North Korea is demanding that the U.S. "do everything" before Pyongyang makes any concessions, Harry Harris, the U.S. Ambassador to South Korea, said in an interview published Monday.
- Larijani says US withdrawal from JCPOA manifests int'l law violation IRNA 14 Oct 2019 -- Iran's Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani said on Monday that the US exit from the JCPOA and imposing unilateral sanctions on Iran is tantamount to violation of the international law.
- Pres. Rouhani: Iran overcomes critical situations with intelligence, resistance IRNA 14 Oct 2019 -- President Hassan Rouhani said here on Monday that Iran can absolutely claim today that the conspiracies hatched by the US, global arrogance, the Zionist regime and some regional reactionary elements to inflict serious blows to the Islamic system is over.
- President Rouhani says Iran has no problem resolving disputes with Saudi Arabia IRNA 14 Oct 2019 -- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said that Iran has no problem resolving regional issues, including Saudi Arabia, via dialogue, but targeting Iranian tanker in the Red Sea is currently creating problems that "we hope our investigations would yield results soon".
- Iran seeks peace in region, not insecurity; We're ready for negotiation: Rouhani ISNA 14 Oct 2019 -- Iran's President Hassan Rouhani attended a press conference Monday evening, with domestic and international media, discussing the most important issues and the Islamic Republic of Iran's stances regarding regional and international issues.
- No regional entity responded to Sabiti oil tanker's demand for help: Iran ISNA 14 Oct 2019 -- Iran's Port and Maritime Organization said no regional maritime entity responded to Iranian oil tanker, Sabiti's demand for help which is in contradiction to international norms and commitments, as well as human principles.
- Iran says renewable power capacity will top 4,000 MW in mid-2021 Press TV 14 Oct 2019 -- Iran energy officials say the capacity for electricity production from renewable sources would increase by five times to reach a target of 4,000 megawatts (MW) in the summer of 2021 when the current administrative government leaves office.
- Iran ready to restart talks if US sanctions removed: President Rouhani Press TV 14 Oct 2019 -- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says the country is ready to restart nuclear talks with the member states of the P5+1 group if the United States removes all sanctions it has re-imposed on Iran after Washington quit a landmark nuclear deal with Tehran last year.
- Iran releases new photos of tanker attacked off Saudi coast Press TV 14 Oct 2019 -- New pictures have been released of an Iranian oil tanker which was recently damaged in a suspicious attack in waters off the Saudi coast in the Red Sea.
- Mideast a safer place without US: Iran's top security official Press TV 14 Oct 2019 -- Iran's top security official says Washington's "bitter confession" of back-to-back political and military failures in the Middle East despite spending billions of dollars has led its allies admit that the region is a safer place without the United States.
- Iranian President Announces Intention to Use IR-9 Centrifuges Not Mentioned in JCPOA Sputnik 14 Oct 2019 -- Relations between Iran and the US have hit bottom after President Donald Trump unilaterally withdrew his country from the Iran nuclear deal in May 2018, slapping Tehran with a series of tough banking and energy sanctions.
- Khamenei: 'Americans Increased the Dignity of the IRGC' Sputnik 14 Oct 2019 -- As tensions rise in the Middle East and the Pentagon sends troop reinforcements to Saudi Arabia in wake of a September missile attack on Riyadh's oilfields, Iranian forces have revealed their readiness to act appropriately to any developments.
- Tens of Thousands Rally in Hong Kong to Ask US For Political Sanctions Radio Free Asia 14 Oct 2019 -- More than 100,000 protesters gathered in downtown Hong Kong's Central business district on Monday to call on the U.S. Congress to pass human rights legislation linked to the city's special trading status.
- China's Power Companies Pressed to Support Industry Radio Free Asia 14 Oct 2019 -- China's government has administered a shock to the electricity industry with a new pricing reform plan as it tries to power the economy by cutting industrial rates.
- HKSAR chief executive's office questions U.S. Senator Cruz's "baffling" remarks of not seeing protesters' violence People's Daily 14 Oct 2019 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Chief Executive's Office on Sunday said U.S. Senator Ted Cruz's remarks that he had not seen protesters' violence was "indeed baffling."
- Xi says China ready to advance friendly cooperation with Nepal People's Daily 14 Oct 2019 -- China stands ready to work with Nepal in advancing friendly cooperation and opening a new chapter for bilateral ties, Chinese President Xi Jinping said Sunday.
- Ecuador Protest Death Toll at 7, Over 1,000 Injured, Hundreds Detained – Ombudsman Office Sputnik 14 Oct 2019 -- The number of people, who were killed in the wave of ongoing protests in Ecuador, has risen to seven, while 1,340 more were injured, the ombudsman's office said. According to earlier reports, five people were killed in the protests.
- Curfew in Ecuador's Capital Temporarily Lifted - Armed Forces Sputnik 14 Oct 2019 -- The restriction on movement of people in the Ecuadorian capital city of Quito amid ongoing protests has been temporarily halted, the command of the Ecuadorian Armed Forces said in a statement on Sunday.
- Ecuador reverses austerity cuts in deal with indigenous people to end protests Press TV 14 Oct 2019 -- Ecuador has reversed a set of controversial austerity cuts as part of an agreement with indigenous people aimed at ending nearly two weeks of deadly protests that paralyzed the country and forced the government out of the capital, Quito.
- Poland's ruling party wins absolute majority in lower house of parliament Press TV 14 Oct 2019 -- Poland's ruling ultra-conservative party has won the country's general elections, securing an absolute majority in the lower house of parliament four another four years, partial results show.
- Poland's PiS Wins 235 Seats in 460-Seat Lower House of Parliament - Electoral Commission Sputnik 14 Oct 2019 -- Regular parliamentary elections were held in Poland on 13 October, with Polish citizens electing 460 lawmakers to the lower house of parliament and 100 members to the upper house.
- Poland's Ruling Conservative Party Wins General Election VOA 14 Oct 2019 -- Poland's conservatives won the most votes in Sunday's election thus securing a comfortable majority in parliament to govern for four more years.
- Cambodia's Defense Minister Orders Armed Forces to 'Suppress' Return of Opposition Leaders Radio Free Asia 14 Oct 2019 -- Cambodia's Minister of Defense Tea Banh on Monday ordered the armed forces to cooperate with all state institutions and local authorities in defending the country against the leaders of the opposition Cambodia National Rescue Party (CNRP), ahead of their planned return from exile next month.
- As Cambodia's Opposition Leader Plans Return, Government Cracks Down VOA 14 Oct 2019 -- To protect her family, Him Taing Or lied to local authorities that she and her husband had divorced.
- Protests Erupt After Spain Sentences Catalan Separatists Leaders VOA 14 Oct 2019 -- Thousands of protesters in Catalonia took to the streets Monday and blocked Barcelona's El Prat airport after Spain's Supreme Court sentenced nine separatist leaders to lengthy prison terms for their attempt to declare independence from Spain in 2017.
- Catalan Separatist Leaders Sentenced up to 9 and 13 years in Prison VOA 14 Oct 2019 -- Spain's Supreme Court sentenced nine former Catalan separatist leaders Monday to between nine and 13 years in prison for their attempt to declare independence from Spain in 2017.
- India Arrests Over One Hundred Daesh Suspects Inspired by Islamic Preacher Zakir Naik Sputnik 14 Oct 2019 -- India's Ministry of Home Affairs had denied the presence of Daesh (Islamic State) in the country for many years, maintaining that peace-loving Indian Muslims would not get involved with the terror organization. Since the second half of 2018, however, a large number of suspects linked to Daesh have been arrested across India.
- Baghdad Provincial Council elects new governor after deadly protests Press TV 14 Oct 2019 -- The Provincial Council of Baghdad has elected Mohammed Jaber al-Atta as the new governor of the Iraqi capital province, one week after the former head stepped down in the wake of demonstrations against corruption, staggering youth unemployment and poor public services.
- Trial Postponed Again After Former Kyrgyz Leader Fails To Show Up RFE/RL 14 Oct 2019 -- Former Kyrgyz President Almazbek Atambaev's trial has been adjourned for a second time after he refused once again to attend the court session over whether he broke the law by authorizing the release of an imprisoned crime boss.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|