22 August 2017 Military News
- OIF / OND / OEF / OIR / OFS Casualty Update 22 Aug 2017[PDF]
- Officials Provide Details of Latest Strikes Against ISIS AFPS 22 Aug 2017 -- U.S. and coalition military forces continued to attack the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria yesterday, conducting 30 strikes consisting of 66 engagements, Combined Joint Task Force Operation Inherent Resolve officials reported today.
- Update: air strikes against Daesh UK MOD 22 Aug 2017 -- The RAF are continuing to take the fight to Daesh in Iraq and Syria.
- Mattis: U.S., Coalition 'Steadfast' With Iraq for ISIS Defeat AFPS 22 Aug 2017 -- The United States and its coalition partners remain unwavering in their commitment to Iraq in defeating the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said today in Baghdad.
- US military constructing new base in Iraq's Kurdish region: Report Press TV 22 Aug 2017 -- The US military is reportedly building a new permanent base in Iraq's semi-autonomous Kurdistan region as part of attempts to perpetuate its occupation of the conflict-ridden Arab country indefinitely, regardless of all opposition from religious figures and people from all walks of life.
- Taliban 'to turn Afghanistan into US graveyard' Press TV 22 Aug 2017 -- The Taliban militant group says it will turn Afghanistan into a "graveyard" for the United States following Washington's announcement that it will continue the occupation of the Asian country.
- Trump unveils new strategy to prolong military presence in Afghanistan Press TV 22 Aug 2017 -- US President Donald Trump has unveiled his administration's new strategy in Afghanistan, saying he would prolong the military intervention in the South Asian country, which he once described as a "complete waste."
- NATO Secretary General welcomes new US South Asia strategy NATO 22 Aug 2017 -- Press Release (2017) 126
Issued on 22 Aug. 2017
- Five Takeaways From Trump's New Afghan Strategy RFE/RL 22 Aug 2017 -- President Donald Trump laid out a plan on August 21 for waging what has become the longest war in U.S. history in an eagerly awaited address on U.S. "strategy in Afghanistan and South Asia."
- Ghani, U.S. Allies Welcome Trump's Commitment In Afghanistan RFE/RL 22 Aug 2017 -- Afghan President Ashraf Ghani has welcomed the United States' "enduring commitment" in Afghanistan after U.S. President Donald Trump outlined a strategy for the war-wracked country.
- Pakistan Supports Efforts to Restore Peace, Stability in Afghanistan Sputnik 22 Aug 2017 -- Pakistan supports efforts aimed at restoring peace and stability in Afghanistan, the Pakistani Foreign Ministry said in a statement Tuesday.
- Karzai Slams New US' Afghan Strategy as 'Trump More Focused on War & Rivalries' Sputnik 22 Aug 2017 -- Former Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai said in a statement on Tuesday that US President Donald Trump's new strategy toward Afghanistan is against Afghanistan's national interest.
- US Expects Pakistani Gov-t's 'Decisive Action' Against Militants - Tillerson Sputnik 22 Aug 2017 -- The US expects Islamabad to exert efforts aimed at struggle against internal militant groups, US State Secretary Rex Tillerson said.
- Taliban Vows to Continue Jihad as Response to Trump's Decision on Afganistan Sputnik 22 Aug 2017 -- Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid condemned Trump's recent decision to continue the war in Afganistan and said, as quoted by AFP news agency, the terror group would continue 'jihad' in the country.
- Tillerson: Taliban May Receive Legal Status Through Talks Sputnik 22 Aug 2017 -- US State Secretary Rex Tillerson said that the Taliban movement may receive a legal status by means of talks.
- Trump's Afghanistan Policy to Focus on Operational Results VOA 22 Aug 2017 -- When President Donald Trump announced his long-awaited policy on Afghanistan, his remarks Monday hinted the plan was a compromise between his instinct, to "pull out," and advice he received that "a hasty withdrawal would create a vacuum that terrorists, including IS and al-Qaida, would instantly fill."
- Mattis Ponders Afghan Troop Surge; Trump Speech Reaction Mixed VOA 22 Aug 2017 -- Following an announcement by President Donald Trump declaring the United States' commitment to Afghanistan, Secretary of Defense James Mattis said Tuesday he has not yet made a decision on how many troops to send to the South Asian country.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Air Force awards two contracts for a new intercontinental ballistic missile weapon system AFNS 22 Aug 2017 -- The Air Force announced Aug. 21, 2017 the award of two technology maturation and risk reduction contracts for its Ground Based Strategic Deterrent intercontinental ballistic missile weapon system program. Contracts were awarded to Boeing Company, Huntsville, Alabama, and Northrop Grumman Systems Corporation, Redondo Beach, California.
- Pentagon hires Boeing, Grumman for nuke missile project Press TV 22 Aug 2017 -- The Pentagon has hired Boeing and Northrop Grumman to develop a replacement for the US Air Force's arsenal of ageing Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) and cruise missiles, amid nuclear tensions with North Korea.
- Pacific Fleet Cmdr: Remains of Some USS John S. McCain Sailors Located NNS 22 Aug 2017 -- Adm. Scott Swift, commander, Pacific Fleet, said some of the 10 missing USS John S. McCain (DDG 56) Sailors were discovered Aug. 22, by divers performing recovery operations inside the guided-missile destroyer.
- Divers Join Search for Missing USS John S. McCain Sailors NNS 22 Aug 2017 -- U.S. Navy and Marine Corps divers began searching for 10 Sailors from USS John S. McCain (DDG 56), missing since the guided-missile destroyer and merchant vessel Alnic MC collided early Aug. 21.
- Mattis, Jordanian Leaders Discuss ISIS Fight, Common Security AFPS 22 Aug 2017 -- Defense Secretary Jim Mattis met with Jordan's top officials in Amman yesterday to discuss the fight against the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, the defeat-ISIS coalition and security in the Middle East.
- Task Force Rough Riders completes joint aviation training with Iraqi Security Forces Army News 22 Aug 2017 -- Soldiers from the 29th Combat Aviation Brigade, alongside paratroopers from the 82nd Airborne Division's 2nd Brigade Combat Team, Task Force Red Falcon, completed a joint-aerial response force exercise (ARFEX) with their Iraqi Security Force counterparts at Camp Taji Military Complex, Iraq, August 13, 2017.
- US, Thai soldiers conduct joint training in jungle IED course Army News 22 Aug 2017 -- Soldiers from the Royal Thai Army Explosive Ordinance Device Center shared principles and tactics of counter-improvised explosive devices with the U.S. Army's 3rd Battalion, 21st Infantry Regiment, August 9 through August 14, 2017.
- Pennsylvania Guard supports Keystone 6 exercise with partners Army News 22 Aug 2017 -- More than 50 members of both the Pennsylvania Air and Army National Guard supported an emergency preparedness-training event hosted by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services along with other partners August 14-16.
- USS Coronado Hits Target With Lethal, Harpoon Missile During Training Near Guam NNS 22 Aug 2017 -- The Littoral Combat Ship USS Coronado (LCS 4) conducted a successful live-fire of the harpoon block 1C missile off the coast of Guam Aug 22, striking a surface target at significant distance beyond the ship's visual range.
- San Diego Departs Phuket NNS 22 Aug 2017 -- The amphibious transport dock ship USS San Diego (LPD 22) departed Phuket, Thailand after a routine port visit, Aug. 22.
- Theodore Roosevelt Completes Fueling at Sea NNS 22 Aug 2017 -- Aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71) successfully completed a fueling at sea (FAS) with guided-missile destroyer USS Sampson (DDG 102), Aug. 21.
- Navy Launches USNS Hershel 'Woody' Williams NNS 22 Aug 2017 -- The Navy launched expeditionary sea base Hershel 'Woody' Williams (ESB 4) at the General Dynamics NASSCO shipyard, Aug. 19.
- Future USS Portland Successfully Completes Acceptance Trials NNS 22 Aug 2017 -- Future USS Portland (LPD 27) successfully completed Acceptance Trials on Aug. 18, sailing from and returning to Huntington Ingalls Industries' shipyard in Pascagoula, Mississippi.
- Joint Typhoon Warning Center Improves Tsunami Readiness NNS 22 Aug 2017 -- The Joint Typhoon Warning Center (JTWC) released a new, publicly available tsunami decision-support website that improves tsunami readiness for U.S. and coalition forces.
- Hue City Returns Home From Deployment NNS 22 Aug 2017 -- Ticonderoga-class cruiser USS Hue City (CG 66), part of the George H.W. Bush Strike Group (GHWBCSG), returned to homeport here Aug. 21 after a seven-month deployment to the U.S. Navy's 5th and 6th Fleet area of operations.
- USS Philippine Sea Returns from Deployment NNS 22 Aug 2017 -- Ticonderoga-class, guided-missile cruiser USS Philippine Sea (CG 58) returned to Naval Station Mayport Aug. 19, following a seven-month deployment to the U.S. 5th and 6th Fleet areas of operation.
- Qatar, US stage joint military exercise in crisis-hit Doha Press TV 22 Aug 2017 -- The American military and Qatari armed forces have staged a joint training exercise in Doha amid strong tensions between the Persian Gulf Arab state and a Saudi-led alliance.
- Iran President congratulates new Army chief on his appointment IRNA 22 Aug 2017 -- President Hassan Rouhani in a message congratulated Major General Abdolrahim Mousavi on his appointment as new Iranian army commander-in-chief.
- Kiev Finds No Evidence of Ukraine's Involvement in N Korean Missile Program Sputnik 22 Aug 2017 -- Ukraine's working group studying the New York Times article on Kiev's involvement in the acquisition of missile technologies by North Korea has confirmed that the country was not involved in the alleged transfer, according to a report of the Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine to President Petro Poroshenko.
- North Korea says weapons program justifiable in face of threats Press TV 22 Aug 2017 -- North Korea has declared that it will not step back an inch from its nuclear program and other weapons development plans, saying it is fully justifiable in the face of threats of attack against the country.
- Reports: Kim Jong-un Secretly Visits Border Troops to Check Readiness Sputnik 22 Aug 2017 -- Reports surfaced Tuesday indicating that North Korean leader Kim Jong-un made a secret visit to a military unit near the inter-Korean border earlier this month, prompting South Korea to shore up its defenses against a possible provocation.
- DPRK military says U.S. drills could turn into war People's Daily 22 Aug 2017 -- The army of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) said Tuesday that U.S.-South Korean military drills could result in an outbreak of war.
- North Korea condemns US-South Korean wargames Press TV 22 Aug 2017 -- North Korea has warned that the ongoing military drills between the South and the US could trigger a "nuclear war" in the region, vowing a "merciless strike" against American territories.
- Ukraine Rejects Claims It Supplied Rocket Engines To North Korea RFE/RL 22 Aug 2017 -- Ukraine's National Security and Defense Council has rejected reports that Kyiv supplied missile technology to North Korea, saying that such claims amounted to Russian disinformation.
- Belarus Invites Observers To Monitor 'Zapad 2017' Exercises, But NATO Critical RFE/RL 22 Aug 2017 -- The Belarusian Defense Ministry has invited observers from several countries to the Zapad 2017 joint Belarusian-Russian military exercise that takes place September 14-20 in Belarus, but NATO has said such efforts "fall short."
- Five Defense Firms Fight for Supplying 150 Heavyweight Torpedoes for Indian Navy Sputnik 22 Aug 2017 -- An earlier plan of the Indian Navy to purchase a fewer number of torpedoes had to be cancelled amid a corruption controversy.
- Indian Defense Firms Under Pressure to Develop New Age Technology for UAVs Sputnik 22 Aug 2017 -- The Indian Army had submitted a requirement for UAVs that could fly continuously for a minimum of ten hours at the height of up to 20000 feet, covering a range of two hundred kilometers from the control station. The army is in favor of locally developed systems but it would be a big challenge for private defense firms that lack the technology.
- Indian Navy Gets Second Landing Craft Utility Vessel, Six More Coming Up Sputnik 22 Aug 2017 -- Deployment of such naval assets near the Strait of Malacca, one of the world's busiest shipping routes and a crucial one for China, is being seen as India's attempt to ensure its dominance in the Indian Ocean region.
- S Korea to Refrain From Deploying Tactical Nuclear Weapons in Country Sputnik 22 Aug 2017 -- South Korea's head of the Presidential National Security Office Chung Eui-yong said Tuesday that the government is not considering deploying tactical nuclear arms in the country.
- China warns US against military contacts with Taiwan Press TV 22 Aug 2017 -- China has warned the United States against any military contacts with Taiwan ahead of brief visits to the US by the "defense minister" of the self-ruled island territory, which is claimed by China.
- US Defense Secretary to Visit Ankara Amid Rising Tensions VOA 22 Aug 2017 -- U.S. Defense Secretary Jim Mattis is set to visit Ankara, Turkey in the coming days as part of a tour of the region. Mattis' visit comes as bilateral relations between the two NATO allies are strained over Washington's support of Syrian Kurds, whom Ankara considers terrorists.
- Russia to sell SU-35 fighter jets to Indonesia Press TV 22 Aug 2017 -- Russia is set to sell Indonesia nearly a dozen Sukhoi fighter jets worth $1.14 billion in exchange for cash and commodities, officials in Jakarta say.
- Ghana Mulls Purchases of Russian Helicopters, Military Equipment Sputnik 22 Aug 2017 -- The Ghanaian defense minister said that Ghana was interested in purchasing helicopters and military equipment from Russia.
- Russia to Supply Egypt With 15 Ka-52 Alligators by Year-end Sputnik 22 Aug 2017 -- Russia will supply Egypt with 15 Ka-52 Alligator attack helicopters (NATO reporting name Hokum B) by the end of this year, Russian Helicopters holding company CEO Andrey Boginsky told Sputnik on Tuesday at the Army-2017 forum.
- Chinese State Media: US Navy Becoming a 'Dangerous Obstacle' in South China Sea Sputnik 22 Aug 2017 -- The US Navy may be causing more harm than good in the Indo-Asian-Pacific theater.
- Ex-Yemeni president stresses unity with Houthis against Saudi-led war Press TV 22 Aug 2017 -- Yemen's former president Ali Abdullah Saleh says he will continue to cooperate with the Houthi Ansarullah movement in the country to counter the Saudi-led war on Yemen.
- Syrian army soldiers, allies gain more ground in battles against Daesh Press TV 22 Aug 2017 -- Syrian government forces, backed by allied fighters from popular defense groups, have made fresh advances against the Daesh Takfiri terrorist group across the war-ravaged Arab country.
- Syria peace talks in Astana postponed to mid-September: Kazakhstan Press TV 22 Aug 2017 -- The next round of Syria peace talks in Kazakhstan's capital city of Astana may be held in mid-September, the Kazakh Foreign Ministry says.
- Russia Claims Progress In Ousting IS From Syrian Strongholds RFE/RL 22 Aug 2017 -- A top Russian commander has said that Moscow and Syrian government forces have made swift progress in the last month driving Islamic State (IS) militants from central Syria and a last major stronghold in the east.
- US Sends 60 Trucks With Heavy Weapons, Armored Vehicles to Raqqa - SDF Sputnik 22 Aug 2017 -- The US regularly supplies the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) with heavy weapons and armored vehicles, a SDF representative told Sputnik on the condition of anonymity.
- 'Victory in Sight' as Syrian Army, Russian Planes 'Chasing' Daesh to Deir ez-Zor Sputnik 22 Aug 2017 -- The fight against Daesh in Syria has entered its final stage and the complete defeat of the odious terrorist group will now depend on a number of certain factors, a Russian expert in Middle East studies told Radio Sputnik.
- More Than 100 Civilians Reported Killed by Coalition Airstrikes on Raqqa VOA 22 Aug 2017 -- Top U.S. defense officials are pushing back against allegations of a significant spike in the number of civilian casualties in the Syrian city of Raqqa.
- Iraqi army, allies liberate three Tal Afar districts from Daesh Press TV 22 Aug 2017 -- Iraqi government forces, backed by allied fighters from Popular Mobilization Units, have managed to establish full control over three districts of Tal Afar as they are trying to flush Daesh Takfiri militants out of the northern city in a multi-pronged operation.
- Iraqi forces retake oil refinery, two villages in Tal Afar Press TV 22 Aug 2017 -- Security forces in Iraq have retaken two villages and an oil refinery in the northern city of Tal Afar, where an operation is underway to liberate the city from the Takfiri Daesh terrorists.
- Iraqi Official Praises Russian Arms Pivotal Role in Defeating Daesh Sputnik 22 Aug 2017 -- Russian-made weapons purchased by Iraq played a crucial role in many battles with Daesh terrorist group, Iraqi National Security Adviser Faleh Fayad told Sputnik on Tuesday.
- Justice vital to help Iraqi victims of ISIL's sexual violence rebuild lives - UN report UN News 22 Aug 2017 -- The Iraqi Government must ensure that the thousands of women and girls who survived sexual violence by the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL/Da'esh) terrorist fighters receive care, protection and justice, and that children born because of such violence do not face a life of discrimination and abuse, a United Nations report published today says.
- UN aid workers urge safe passage for civilians fleeing northern Iraq ahead of battle UN News 22 Aug 2017 -- Warning of harassment, revenge attacks and abuse of civilians displaced from the northern Iraqi city of Tal Afar, United Nations refugee and migration agencies today called for people trying to flee the city ahead of military operations to have safe passage.
- Turkey to thwart attempts to set up Kurdish state in Syria: Erdogan Press TV 22 Aug 2017 -- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has underlined Turkey's resolve to prevent any attempt by Syrian Kurdish fighters to establish a Kurdish state in northern Syria.
- No joint anti-PKK operation with Turkey on agenda: IRGC Press TV 22 Aug 2017 -- Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) has dismissed reports about plans for a joint operation with Turkey against the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) militants outside the Iranian borders.
- Iran Denies Joint Operation Against Kurds With Turkey RFE/RL 22 Aug 2017 -- Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) has denied a claim by Turkey that the two countries were planning to conduct joint military operations against Kurdish rebel groups beyond the country's borders.
- Rohingya Muslim villagers blockaded in Myanmar's Rakhine Press TV 22 Aug 2017 -- Buddhists in a village in Myanmar's troubled state of Rakhine have imposed a blockade on hundreds of Rohingya Muslims living in the area, effectively barring them from work and shopping for their basic needs while imposing restrictions on people's access to drinking water.
- Kremlin Aide Says Discussed 'Fresh Ideas' With U.S. Envoy To End Ukraine Conflict RFE/RL 22 Aug 2017 -- A Kremlin aide has made upbeat remarks after talking with the new U.S. special envoy for efforts to end the conflict in eastern Ukraine, saying they discussed "fresh ideas" in a "constructive" meeting.
- Lebanon army retakes most of border areas from Daesh: Spokesman Press TV 22 Aug 2017 -- The Lebanese army says it has captured most of a mountainous area on the border with Syria during an operation aimed at purging the region of Daesh Takfiri terrorists.
- China calls for rational action by India amid border standoff Press TV 22 Aug 2017 -- China has urged India to abide by the international law and act rationally as tensions escalate between the two neighbors in a remote border area.
- Senior UN political official concerned by recent incidents that undermine Middle East peace process UN News 22 Aug 2017 -- A senior United Nations political affairs official today voiced concerns over recent developments that undermine efforts to end the long-standing Israeli-Palestinian conflict, including Israel's move to amend a law to cement its control over East Jerusalem.
- UNICEF Reports Rise in Use of 'Human Bombs' by Boko Haram VOA 22 Aug 2017 -- The U.N. children's fund reports an alarming increase in the use of so-called "human bombs" by Boko Haram insurgents in northeast Nigeria.
- Angola Prepares for Historic Election VOA 22 Aug 2017 -- Excitement and suspicion are swirling around Angola's capital as the nation readies itself for a historic vote Wednesday, in the first election many citizens will have seen without the longtime president on the ballot.
- Treasury Targets Chinese and Russian Entities and Individuals Supporting the North Korean Regime U.S. Department of the Treasury 22 Aug 2017 -- OFAC Designates 16 for Activities Related to Support of North Korea's Nuclear and Ballistic Missile Programs, Energy Trade, Labor Exports, and Sanctions Evasion
- U.S. Hits Russians, Chinese With New Sanctions Over North Korea RFE/RL 22 Aug 2017 -- The United States has imposed new economic sanctions against a series of Chinese and Russian companies and individuals, accusing them of aiding the North Korean regime and its missile and nuclear programs.
- US imposes sanctions on Chinese, Russian entities over North Korea Press TV 22 Aug 2017 -- The US Treasury Department has unveiled a fresh round of sanctions over North Korea's nuclear program, this time targeting new Chinese and Russian entities.
- DPRK envoy warns China to make the right choice People's Daily 22 Aug 2017 -- The DPRK's Envoy to China, Park Myung Ho, held a press conference on Tuesday at the country's embassy in Beijing. He criticized US Vice President Mike Pence's urging of Latin American countries - Brazil, Chile, Peru and Mexico - to cut ties with DPRK.
- U.S. military commanders hold rare press conference in S.Korea on DPRK issues People's Daily 22 Aug 2017 -- Top commanding generals of the United States on Tuesday held a rare press conference in South Korea to reaffirm the U.S. commitment to the defense of its ally, South Korea, against nuclear and missile threats from the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK).
- North Korea Showed Restraint in Missile Tests After UN Sanctions - Tillerson Sputnik 22 Aug 2017 -- According to the US secretary of state, North Korea shows restraint in missile tests after the newly imposed UN Security Council sanctions.
- North Korea Warns Australia That Aiding US Would Be 'Suicidal Act' Sputnik 22 Aug 2017 -- North Korea has warned Australia against committing a "suicidal act" by supporting the US and South Korea should those countries attack Pyongyang.
- Iran Capable of Restarting Uranium Enrichment to 20% Within Days - Nuclear Chief Sputnik 22 Aug 2017 -- Iran can easily restore its military nuclear capabilities by resuming the process of uranium enrichment to 20 percent should the US keep escalating the situation around Tehran's alleged violation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) Ali Akbar Salehi said Tuesday.
- Salehi Says Iran Could Resume Uranium Enrichment In Five Days RFE/RL 22 Aug 2017 -- The head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organization has said that the country would need only five days to resume high-level uranium enrichment.
- Iran to resume 20-percent enrichment in 5 days if necessary: Nuclear chief Press TV 22 Aug 2017 -- The head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) says the Islamic Republic is capable of resuming the enrichment of uranium to the 20-percent level at its Fordow facility within a maximum of five days if need be.
- Iran can resume 20%-enrichment in 5 days: Official IRNA 22 Aug 2017 -- Iran is capable of resuming twenty-percent enrichment activities in just five days in the country's Fordo nuclear facility, Head of Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) Ali Akbar Salehi said.
- Iran can resume 20 per cent uranium enrichment only in 5 days: Salehi ISNA 22 Aug 2017 -- Head of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran Ali Akbar Salehi emphasized that Islamic Republic would need only five days to ramp up its uranium enrichment to 20 per cent.
- Iran official calls for strong reaction to violation of nuclear deal IRNA 22 Aug 2017 -- Government can show a stronger reaction to violation of nuclear deal by other sides, senior Expediancy Council official said on Tuesday.
- Baghdad Against Recognition of Iraqi Kurdistan's Independence Referendum - PM Sputnik 22 Aug 2017 -- Iraqi authorities consider the September independence referendum planned by Iraqi Kurdistan illegal and will refuse to recognize its outcome, the national security adviser of the Iraqi prime minister told Sputnik on Tuesday.
- After Trump barbs, China jumps to defend Pakistan Press TV 22 Aug 2017 -- China has defended Pakistan against strong criticism by US President Donald Trump that Islamabad was not doing enough to counter terrorism in the region.
- 4 Barcelona Attack Suspects Appear for Court Interrogations VOA 22 Aug 2017 -- A suspect arrested in connection with last week's deadly van attack in Barcelona told Spain's high court Tuesday that the group had been planning a much larger attack using explosives, judicial sources said.
- Atambaev Accepts Jeenbekov's Resignation, Appoints Interim Kyrgyz PM RFE/RL 22 Aug 2017 -- Kyrgyz President Almazbek Atambaev has accepted Prime Minister Sooronbai Jeenbekov's resignation and dismissed the government.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|