15 March 2008 Military News
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- MND-B Soldier killed by small-arms fire (Baghdad)
- March 14 airpower summary: F-16s continue shows of force AFPN 15 Mar 2008
- March 13 airpower summary: C-130s give Herculean effort AFPN 15 Mar 2008
Defense Policy / Programs
- Boxer Awarded Battle 'E' Navy NewsStand 15 Mar 2008 -- USS Boxer (LHD 4) won the 2007 Battle Effectiveness Battle "E" award announced March 6 by Commander Naval Surface Forces.
- Boxer Certifies Well Deck and Flight Deck Navy NewsStand 15 Mar 2008 -- USS Boxer (LHD 4) completed certifications March 7-13 for flight deck and well deck operations while at sea conducting training and assessments off the coast of Southern California.
- USS Nashville Visits Rota Navy NewsStand 15 Mar 2008 -- Sailors aboard the amphibious transport dock ship USS Nashville (LPD 13) visited the port of Rota, on March 3-6, while transiting through the U.S. Navy's 6th Fleet area of responsibility (AOR).
- Pakistan gets six more fighter planes IRNA 15 Mar 2008 -- Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has recently received six additional Joint Fighter-17 (JF-17) Thunder from China, a PAF statement said on Friday.
- Series of Explosions Shake Albanian Capital VOA 15 Mar 2008 -- Albanian officials say at least four people have been killed and over 200 injured, including many children in a series of powerful explosions that rocked an army base on the outskirts of the capital Tirana late Saturday
- Press Briefing by a Senior Administration Official on the Vice President's Trip to the Middle East The White House 15 Mar 2008
- 6th Modernized GPS Satellite Built by Lockheed Martin Successfully Launched From Cape Canaveral Lockheed Martin 15 Mar 2008 -- A U.S. Air Force modernized Global Positioning System Block IIR (GPS IIR-M) satellite, built by Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT), was successfully launched today from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station aboard a United Launch Alliance (ULA) Delta II launch vehicle.
- 29 killed as Lankan jets bomb LTTE region IRNA 15 Mar 2008 -- Sri Lankan government jets bombed a Tamil Tiger training base as fighting across the northern region claimed at least another 29 lives, the defence ministry said on Saturday.
- China Accuses Tibetan Protesters of Killing Innocent People VOA 15 Mar 2008 -- China is accusing rioters in the Tibetan capital of Lhasa of killing at least 10 people in violent protests Friday
- Bomb in Islamabad Kills One, Injures Eleven Others VOA 15 Mar 2008 -- A bomb explosion at a restaurant in the Pakistani capital, Islamabad, killed a foreign woman and wounded at least 11 others, including American nationals, on Saturday night
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|