20 October 2007 Military News
- MND-B patrol struck by improvised explosive device
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
Defense Policy / Programs
- India, Pakistan reiterate to uphold 4 year old cease-fire agreement IRNA 20 Oct 2007 -- India and Pakistan have reiterated their commitment to uphold the four year old bilateral cease-fire agreement in place.
- Lanka says "LTTE is linked to India's northeast separatist group" IRNA 20 Oct 2007 -- Urging the global community to join hands in fighting terrorism unitedly, Sri Lanka has branded the LTTE as a terrorist organisation linked to dreaded groups like al Qaeda and the United Liberation Front of Assam (ULFA) in India.
- AU: Darfur Refugee Camp Attacked VOA 20 Oct 2007 -- The African Union has confirmed that an armed group has attacked a refugee camp in Sudan's war torn western Darfur region, killing several people.
- Burmese Authorities Lift Curfew in Rangoon VOA 20 Oct 2007 -- Burmese authorities Saturday lifted a curfew and ban on gatherings of more than five people in the country's largest city of Rangoon.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|