India, Pakistan reiterate to uphold 4 year old cease-fire agreement
IRNA - Islamic Republic News Agency
New Delhi, Oct 19, IRNA
India and Pakistan have reiterated their commitment to uphold the four year old bilateral cease-fire agreement in place.
A joint statement issued at the end of 4th round of talks held on Confidence Building Measures (CBMs) in New Delhi said the progress made in yesterday's talks will be reported to the respective foreign secretaries.
The statement says that existing CBMs were reviewed at the meeting and the consultation was aimed at strengthening the on going process of building confidence in the conventional field.
According to the statement the talks were held in a cordial and constructive atmosphere.
The ceasefire along the Line of Control (LOC) was declared in December 2003 and has been holding since then without any major violation by either side.
The two sides will have talks on nuclear CBM's Friday.
The Indian side will be led by T C A Raghavan, Joint Secretary (Pakistan) in the Ministry of External Affairs, while the Pakistani delegation will be headed by Aizaz Ahmed Choudhary, Director General (South Asia) in the Foreign Ministry.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|