15 April 2007 Military News
- MND-B patrol ends with small arms fire
- MNF-W unit attacked during combat operations
- Task Force Marne patrol attacked
- April 14 airpower summary: C-130s provide backbone for success AFPN 15 Apr 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan in the following operations April 14, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Baghdad Bombings Kill 32, Two British Helicopters Crash VOA 15 Apr 2007 -- Iraqi officials say two car bombs exploded minutes apart in a busy Baghdad market in a mainly Shiite area Sunday, killing at least 32 people and wounding 50
- Operation Yukon River reaps cache, seizes eight suspects in southern Baghdad MNF-I 15 Apr 2007 -- An operation south of Baghdad by Iraqi Army troops uncovered a weapons cache and detained eight insurgent suspects April 12.
- 15th MEU Returns to Boxer Expeditionary Strike Group Navy NewsStand 15 Apr 2007 -- The 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) (Special Operations Capable) completed its return to the Boxer Expeditionary Strike Group (BOXESG) April 14, after conducting security operations in Iraq since mid-November.
Defense Policy / Programs
- NAS Jacksonville Breaks Ground for New P-3C Hangar Navy NewsStand 16 Apr 2007 -- A groundbreaking ceremony was held aboard Naval Air Station Jacksonville, Fla. on April 13 for a state-of-the-art aircraft hangar and facilities, which will upgrade the mission capabilities of the base.
- 'Warlords' Test Battle Skills in Desert Navy NewsStand 16 Apr 2007 -- Marines and Sailors from Company F, Battalion Landing Team 2/2, 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU), began company-wide combat scenario training ashore in the Middle East, April 7.
- Strike Group Ships Complete ULTRA-S Navy NewsStand 16 Apr 2007 -- Ships assigned to the Eisenhower Carrier Strike Group (ESG) and John C. Stennis Carrier Strike Group (JCSSG) successfully completed Unit Level Training and Readiness Assessment-Sustainment (ULTRA-S) April 9-14 during their deployments to the U.S. 5th Fleet area of operations.
- Strike Group Commander Visits Crew of John Paul Jones Navy NewsStand 15 Apr 2007 -- The commander of the Nimitz Carrier Strike Group, Rear Adm. Terry Blake, visited the crew of USS John Paul Jones (DDG 53) April 7.
- Syrian defense delegation arrives in Tehran IRNA 15 Apr 2007 -- Syrian defense delegation including officials of Syrian National Defence College arrived in Tehran on Sunday.
- Israeli, Palestinian Leaders Agree to Future West Bank Meeting VOA 15 Apr 2007 -- Israel's Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas met Sunday in Jerusalem - holding the first of what are supposed to be regular meetings every two weeks
- Nepal's Interim Government Shows Signs of Fraying VOA 15 Apr 2007 -- Nepal again has been thrust into political confusion just two weeks after a landmark interim government was formed
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|