15 April 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- MND-B patrol ends with small arms fire
- MNF-W unit attacked during combat operations
- Task Force Marne patrol attacked
- April 14 airpower summary: C-130s provide backbone for success AFPN 15 Apr 2007 -- Coalition airpower supported coalition ground forces in Iraq and the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan in the following operations April 14, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Baghdad Bombings Kill 32, Two British Helicopters Crash VOA 15 Apr 2007 -- Iraqi officials say two car bombs exploded minutes apart in a busy Baghdad market in a mainly Shiite area Sunday, killing at least 32 people and wounding 50
- Operation Yukon River reaps cache, seizes eight suspects in southern Baghdad MNF-I 15 Apr 2007 -- An operation south of Baghdad by Iraqi Army troops uncovered a weapons cache and detained eight insurgent suspects April 12.
- 15th MEU Returns to Boxer Expeditionary Strike Group Navy NewsStand 15 Apr 2007 -- The 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) (Special Operations Capable) completed its return to the Boxer Expeditionary Strike Group (BOXESG) April 14, after conducting security operations in Iraq since mid-November.
- Establishing Democracy in Iraq Worthy Cause, Cheney Says AFPS 15 Apr 2007 -- Retreating from Iraq will endanger U.S. national security and stunt democracy in the Middle East, Vice President Dick Cheney said today on CBS's "Face the Nation"
- Iraq: Bush Criticizes Troops Pullout Plan RFE/RL 15 Apr 2007 -- U.S. President George W. Bush has criticized a plan by opposition Democrats to set a date for a withdrawal from Iraq.
- Bush, Congress Prepare For Next Phase of Iraq Debate VOA 15 Apr 2007 -- The White House and Congress are starting to look beyond the current impasse over legislation to fund the Iraq war
- Iraq: UN envoy decries latest bombings targeting hundreds of civilians UN News Centre 16 Apr 2007 -- The senior United Nations envoy to Iraq today condemned weekend bombings which targeted hundreds of civilians in the country and called on the authorities to prosecute those responsible for the attacks.
- UNHCR Conference to Raise Awareness of Humanitarian Crisis in Iraq VOA 15 Apr 2007 -- More than 450 participants from at least 60 nations are expected to attend an international conference this week on refugees and internally displaced people in Iraq and the surrounding region
- IRAQ: Palestinian refugees hold border protest IRIN 16 Apr 2007 -- Hundreds of Palestinian refugees who are stranded on the Iraq-Syria border have staged an open sit-in since 12 April to draw international attention to what they say is their ongoing suffering.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|