01 April 2007 Military News
- Roadside bombs strike MND-B patrols
- MNF-W Non-combat Death
- Press Briefing, April 1, 2007 MNF-I 01 Apr 2007 -- Multi-National Force - Iraq operational update briefing by Rear Admiral Mark I. Fox, Communications Division Chief for Strategic Effects, MNF-I; and Brig. Gen. Qassim Moussawi, spokesman, Operation Fard Al-Qanun
- March 24 - 30: The week in airpower AFPN 01 Apr 2007 -- In Afghanistan this week, 267 close-air-support missions were flown in support of the International Security Assistance Force and Afghan troops, reconstruction activities and route patrols.
- Operations Net 22 Suspects in Iraq; Seven Killed in Bombings AFPS 01 Apr 2007 -- Recent military operations resulted in the death of one terrorist and the detention of 22, while car bombings in Iraq yesterday killed seven Iraqi civilians, military officials said.
- Iraq's Tal Afar, Civilian Death Tolls Up RFE/RL 01 Apr 2007 -- The Iraqi government has raised the death toll from a truck bomb attack in the town of Tal Afar on March 27 to 152 -- making it the deadliest single bombing of the four-year-old war.
- Iran Questions EU's 'Illogical' Support For Britain Over Sailors RFE/RL 01 Apr 2007 -- Iran is responding to criticism from European Union officials about 15 British sailors and marines Iran says it detained in Iranian waters.
- Bush Says Iran Must Release British Hostages VOA 01 Apr 2007 -- U.S. President George Bush says Iran must unconditionally release 15 British naval personnel seized this past week
- Taliban Kill Seven Police In Ambushes RFE/RL 01 Apr 2007 -- A police official in southern Afghanistan says suspected Taliban insurgents have attacked two convoys of Afghan police, killing seven policemen and wounding four others.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Press Briefing, Congressional Delegation, April 1, 2007 MNF-I 01 Apr 2007 -- Briefing by Sen. John McCain (R-AZ); Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC); Rep. Mike Pence (R-IN); and Rep. Rick Renzi (R-AZ) on their visit to Baghdad
- "Big E" Completes Carrier Qualifications Navy NewsStand 01 Apr 2007 -- USS Enterprise (CVN 65) (Big E) completed two weeks of carrier qualifications (CQ) when the ship returned to its homeport of Norfolk, Va., April 1.
- Congress Considers Future of US Nuclear Weapons VOA 01 Apr 2007 -- Lawmakers in the U.S. House of Representatives are considering Bush administration budget requests for building new nuclear weapons, a move supporters say will create safer warheads
- UN's Nepal envoy welcomes establishment of Interim Government UN News Centre 01 Apr 2007 -- The senior United Nations envoy to Nepal today hailed the establishment of the country's interim Government, while emphasizing that many challenges lie ahead as preparations continue for elections aimed at cementing the democratic transition in the Himalayan country.
- Nepal Swears-In New Peace Government with Former Maoist Rebels VOA 01 Apr 2007 -- Nepal has sworn-in a new multi-party interim government - which includes former Maoist rebels
- German Chancellor Merkel Meets Israeli, Palestinian Leaders VOA 01 Apr 2007 -- German Chancellor Angela Merkel met Israeli and Palestinian leaders Sunday in the latest international bid to revive the Middle East peace process
- US Lawmakers Meet With Syria's Assad VOA 01 Apr 2007 -- Three members of the U.S. House of Representatives have met with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad for talks on developments in the Middle East
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|