13 January 2007 Military News
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for Jan. 13 AFPN 13 Jan 2007 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Jan. 13.
Defense Policy / Programs
- NECC Looks Back on its First Year Navy NewsStand 13 Jan 2007 -- Jan. 13 marks the one-year anniversary since the Navy Expeditionary Combat Command (NECC) at Naval Amphibious Base Little Creek, Va., began its mission to organize, train and equip our forces to meet the maritime security operations and joint contingency operations requirements.
- Air Force Reserve to form associate unit at Eglin AFPN 13 Jan 2007 -- As part of Air Force total force integration initiatives, the Air Force Reserve Command is teaming up with Air Combat Command to establish an associate unit at Eglin Air Force Base, Fla. The process is tentatively scheduled to start in fiscal 2008.
- Pakistan Navy to get first P-3C Orion on January 18: Naval Chief IRNA 14 Jan 2007 -- Pakistan Navy (PN) will get the first of eight American-made long-range maritime surveillance aircraft P-3C Orion on January 18, Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Muhammad Afzal Tahir said on Saturday.
- Rice Seeks to Accelerate Middle East Peace Roadmap VOA 13 Jan 2007 -- Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is meeting senior Israeli and Palestinian officials in what she says is an effort to empower moderate political forces in the region and re-start Middle East peacemaking
- Rival Palestinian Factions Report Progress in Coalition Talks VOA 13 Jan 2007 -- Warring Palestinian factions have given an optimistic assessment about a new round of coalition talks
- EU Envoy to Sudan Urges All Parties in Darfur to Join Peace Deal VOA 13 Jan 2007 -- The international community is continuing its push for a political solution to the crisis in Sudan's Darfur region
- Indian Foreign Minister in Pakistan for Talks VOA 13 Jan 2007 -- Pakistan and India held talks to review progress in their slow-moving three-year-old peace dialogue Saturday
- Somali Lawmakers Declare State of Emergency, Impose Martial Law VOA 13 Jan 2007 -- Lawmakers in Somalia's transitional parliament have authorized the government to impose martial law.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|