30 December 2006 Military News
- Soldier killed in Western Iraq
- Bomb blast strikes Baghdad patrol
- Bomb blast strikes MND-B patrol
- CENTAF releases airpower summary for Dec. 30 AFPN 30 Dec 2006 -- U.S. Central Command Air Forces officials have released the airpower summary for Dec. 30.
- Navy Works Around the Clock to Get Troops in Transit Home Navy NewsStand 30 Dec 2006 -- Navy Customs Battalion Romeo, consisting of Navy Reservists mobilized, trained, equipped and deployed by Navy Expeditionary Logistics Support Group in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom, cleared the luggage of more than 600 troops heading home for the holidays Dec. 23.
Defense Policy / Programs
- Seabees Provide Relief to Kenyan Flood Victims Navy NewsStand 30 Dec 2006 -- A team of five Seabees assigned to Commander, Joint Task Force Horn of Africa (CJTF HOA) were diverted from their mission of drilling wells in early Dec., to provide emergency relief in the form of food and supplies to areas of Kenya devastated by torrential rains and subsequent massive flooding in the region.
- HSL 43 Det. 4 Returns from Counter Narco-Terrorism Deployment Navy NewsStand 30 Dec 2006 -- The "Rat Pak" of Helicopter Anti-Submarine Squadron Light (HSL) 43, Detachment (Det.) 4, returned to San Diego Dec. 15 from a six-month counter narcotics deployment aboard USS Thach (FFG 43).
- UNHCR Preparing For Possible Exodus of Thousands of Somalis VOA 30 Dec 2006 -- The U.N. refugee agency says it is preparing for the possible exodus of thousands of Somalis to neighboring countries, in the wake of the fighting between Ethiopian-backed government troops and Islamist fighters
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|