20 November 2005 Military News
- II MEF MARINE KILLED BY IED
- TASK FORCE BAGHDAD SOLDIER KILLED
- II MEF MARINE DIES OF WOUNDS
- OPERATION BRUINS BEGINS IN NORTHERN RAMADI CENTCOM 20 Nov 2005 -- Approximately 150 Iraqi Army soldiers and 300 Marines and Soldiers from the 2nd Brigade Combat Team (2 BCT), 2nd Marine Division began Operation Dhibbah (Bruins) in northern ar Ramadi Nov. 19.
- Coalition Forces identify captured terrorist MNF-I 20 Nov 2005 -- Coalition forces acting on multiple intelligence sources and tips from concerned citizens raided a suspected al Qaeda in Iraq terrorist safe house in Baghdad Oct. 31 capturing an al Qaeda in Iraq terrorist named Uthman Faruq Muhammad Abd-al-Hamid (aka Abu Ibrahim).
- Search of cache turns up more weapons, munitions MNF-I 20 Nov 2005 -- After discovering a large weapons cache Nov. 16, Soldiers of 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division uncovered even more weapons buried beneath the original cache after a controlled detonation the next day.
- FOB Danger to be turned over to Iraqi government MNF-I 20 Nov 2005 -- Multi-National Forces will turn over control of the former Saddam Hussein Palace Complex here to Iraqi government officials in a ceremony in Tikrit Nov. 22.
- Insurgents Kidnap Three Afghans, Indian National RFE/RL 20 Nov 2005 -- Suspected neo-Taliban rebels kidnapped an Indian and three Afghans working on a road-construction project in Afghanistan's volatile south.
Defense Policy / Programs
- RAFAEL Introduces Advanced Combat Systems Experimentation Tool Rafael 20 Nov 2005 -- RAFAEL Armament Development Authority Ltd. has launched the Multi-Purpose Experimentation Tool - as an infrastructure for carrying out experiments and evaluations on defense solutions under design and in validation stages.
- Northrop Grumman's Hawkeye Aircraft Leads Rescue Efforts After Hurricane Katrina Northrop Grumman 20 Nov 2005 -- Northrop Grumman Corporation's (NYSE:NOC) E-2C Hawkeye airborne early warning and battle management system has proven itself again as a tremendous national investment not only for combat operations but also for peacetime operations. These include rescue missions after natural disasters, a nation's homeland security and shipping-lane-protection operations, among others.
- Top Peacekeeper Issues Prescription For Stable Kosovo RFE/RL 20 Nov 2005 -- The head of the NATO-led peacekeeping force in Kosovo has said that solving that internationally administered province's economic situation is crucial to making and keeping peace there.
- AU Postpones New Round of Darfur Peace Talks VOA 20 Nov 2005 -- The seventh round of peace talks for Sudan's troubled Darfur region have been postponed, but it is not clear when they will resume.
- Violence Mars Egyptian Election Second Round VOA 20 Nov 2005 -- Widespread violence has disrupted the second round of Egypt's parliamentary election.
- Koizumi-Putin Summit to Discuss Territorial Dispute VOA 20 Nov 2005 -- After attending the APEC leaders' summit in South Korea, Russia's president visits Japan.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|