20 November 2005 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- II MEF MARINE KILLED BY IED
- TASK FORCE BAGHDAD SOLDIER KILLED
- II MEF MARINE DIES OF WOUNDS
- OPERATION BRUINS BEGINS IN NORTHERN RAMADI CENTCOM 20 Nov 2005 -- Approximately 150 Iraqi Army soldiers and 300 Marines and Soldiers from the 2nd Brigade Combat Team (2 BCT), 2nd Marine Division began Operation Dhibbah (Bruins) in northern ar Ramadi Nov. 19.
- Coalition Forces identify captured terrorist MNF-I 20 Nov 2005 -- Coalition forces acting on multiple intelligence sources and tips from concerned citizens raided a suspected al Qaeda in Iraq terrorist safe house in Baghdad Oct. 31 capturing an al Qaeda in Iraq terrorist named Uthman Faruq Muhammad Abd-al-Hamid (aka Abu Ibrahim).
- Search of cache turns up more weapons, munitions MNF-I 20 Nov 2005 -- After discovering a large weapons cache Nov. 16, Soldiers of 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division uncovered even more weapons buried beneath the original cache after a controlled detonation the next day.
- FOB Danger to be turned over to Iraqi government MNF-I 20 Nov 2005 -- Multi-National Forces will turn over control of the former Saddam Hussein Palace Complex here to Iraqi government officials in a ceremony in Tikrit Nov. 22.
- Rumsfeld: US Troops to Leave Iraq When Conditions Right; War Critic Predicts Quick Withdrawal VOA 20 Nov 2005 -- U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld says military considerations on the ground - and not politics in Washington - will determine the pace of any U.S. troop withdrawals from Iraq
- Bush: No Withdrawal From Iraq VOA 20 Nov 2005 -- President Bush says opposition Democrats calling for the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq are wrong because that would make America less secure.
- Iraqi President Prepared To Talk To Insurgents RFE/RL 20 Nov 2005 -- Iraqi President Jalal Talabani has suggested during a three-day conference on Iraqi reconciliation that he is willing to talk to violent opponents of his government if they contact him.
- Iraqi President Open to Talks with Insurgents VOA 20 Nov 2005 -- Iraq's president says he is willing to meet with members of the Iraqi insurgency.
- Jordanian Clan Disowns Terrorist Leader Zarqawi VOA 20 Nov 2005 -- The prominent tribe of Jordanian-born terrorist leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi has published a declaration disowning him.
- Iraqi Foreign Minister Arrives In Moscow RFE/RL 20 Nov 2005 -- Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar al-Zebari has arrived in Moscow for talks on efforts to promote constructive ties between the two countries.
- IRAQ: Talafar families start to receive compensation for damaged property IRIN 20 Nov 2005 -- Thousands of families from the town of Talafar, some 80 km east of the northern city of Mosul, have begun to receive monetary damages for losses incurred during US-led military operations in September.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|