Ready Reserve Force (RRF)
- National Defense Reserve Fleet
- Humanitarian supplies, equipment arrives in Central America aboard RRF ships Military Sealift Command Newsrelease 14 Dec 1998 -- Residents of Central America got an early Christmas present from the United States as military earth-moving equipment and other construction materials arrived in the region aboard Military Sealift Command's Ready Reserve Force ships.
- Transportation Secretary Slater Announces $1.1 Billion in Contracts To Keep Ships Ready for National Defense June 12, 1998 -- Transportation Secretary Rodney E. Slater today announced the award of 39 performance-based contracts to 10 American ship-owning and -operating companies to manage 89 ships which compose the Ready Reserve Force (RRF) of militarily useful ships maintained in a high state of readiness.
- Augmenting the fleet: Cargo delivery system proves its worth Military Sealift Command Newsrelease 13 Jun 1997 -- The modular cargo delivery system [MCDS] MCDS is a mechanized cargo transfer unit. Ships with MCDS installed can conduct underway replenishment services with other US Navy ships, assisting and augmenting the Navy Combat Logistics Force in times of war. By 1991 the 14 MCDS units had been installed on RRF ships.
- SHIPS, CREWS HONORED IN BALTIMORE FOR DEFENSE READINESS SUPPORT MAR 12-97 -- The Maritime Administration today honored two Baltimore-based cargo ships, Cape Wrath and Cape Washington, their crews, and the Baltimore maritime community for their support of national defense sealift programs.
- Cape Kennedy and Cape Knox Added to Ready Reserve Force MAR 12-96 - MARAD maintains these ships in reduced operating status with 10-person crews, ready for sailing within four days notice.
- CIVILIAN SEAFARERS, RRF SHIPS SUPPORT NATO MISSION IN BOSNIA MAR 12-95 -- Defense Department's Transportation Command ordered the activation of two Ready Reserve Force (RRF) cargo ships to support NATO forces in Bosnia.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|