7th Brigade, 95th Division (Institutional Training)
The 7th Brigade (Training Support) mission is to train individual soldiers to Army standards to meet Total Army requirements and, during all levels of mobilization, be prepared to provide assets to TRADOC (Army's Training and Doctrine Command). The brigade, located in North Little Rock, Arkansas, is a headquarters unit, providing command and control, administrative support and staff assistance to its subordinate training and logistical battalions and teams in El Paso, San Antonio and Texarkana, TX, Ft. Polk, LA, Arkadelphia and Barling, AR, Ft. Leonard Wood, MO, Ft. Riley, KS and Oklahoma City and Ft. Sill, OK.
The 7th Brigade, 95th Division (Training) was constituted 4 September 1918 in the National Army as the 320th Supply Train and assigned to the 95th Division. Organized in September 1918 at Camp Sherman, Ohio. Demobilized 20 December 1918 at Camp Sherman, Ohio.
Reconstituted 24 September 1921 in the Organized Reserves as the 95th Division Train, Quartermaster Corps. Organized in December 1921 with Headquarters at Lawton, Oklahoma. Redesignated 23 March 1925 as the 95th Division Quartermaster Train. Redesignated 1 July 1936 as the 420th Quartermaster Regiment and assigned to the 95th Division (later redesignated as the 95th Infantry Division). Redesignated 13 February 1942 as the 420th Quartermaster Battalion.
Ordered into active military service 15 July 1942 and reorganized at Camp Swift, Texas. 420th Quartermaster Battalion (less Ordnance Maintenance Platoon, Headquarters Company) reorganized and redesignated 31 October 1942 as the 95th Quartermaster Company, an element of the 95th Infantry Division (Ordnance Maintenance Platoon, Headquarters Company--hereafter separate lineage). Inactivated 15 October 1945 at Camp Shelby, Mississippi.
Activated 28 April 1947 at Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Organized Reserves redesignated 25 March 1948 as the Organized Reserve Corps; redesignated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve. Disbanded 1 April 1959 at Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Reconstituted 24 November 1967 in the Army Reserve as the 95th Committee Group and assigned to the 95th Division (Training). Activated 30 December 1967 at Little Rock, Arkansas. Reorganized and redesignated 1 September 1971 as Headquarters, 95th Committee Group. Reorganized and redesignated 15 October 1978 as Headquarters, 95th Training Command, an element of the 95th Division (Training). Inactivated 16 October 1984 at Little Rock, Arkansas. Redesignated 16 November 1996 as Headquarters, 7th Brigade, 95th Division (Training) and activated at North Little Rock, Arkansas.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|