2nd Brigade, 95th Division (Institutional Training)
The 2d Brigade (Basic Combat Training), 95th Division (Training) was constituted 4 September 1918 in the National Army as the 320th Ammunition Train and assigned to the 95th Division. Organized 24 October 1918 at Camp Knox, Kentucky. Demobilized 21 December 1918 at Camp Knox, Kentucky. Reconstituted 23 October 1936 in the Organized Reserves; concurrently consolidated with the 320th Ammunition Train (organized in February 1923 in the Organized Reserves with Headquarters at Lawton, Oklahoma [location of Headquarters changed 22 August 1927 to Norman, Oklahoma; on 29 April 1931 to Ardmore, Oklahoma; on 12 July 1933 to Norman, Oklahoma]) and consolidated unit designated as the 320th Ammunition Train, an element of the 95th Division (Location of Headquarters changed 15 June 1939 to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma). Converted and redesignated 13 February 1942 as the 920th Field Artillery Battalion and remained assigned to the 95th Division (later redesignated as the 95th Infantry Division).
Ordered into active military service 15 July 1942 and reorganized at Camp Swift, Texas. Inactivated 15 October 1945 at Camp Shelby, Mississippi. Activated 16 June 1947 with Headquarters at Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Organized Reserves redesignated 25 March 1948 as the Organized Reserve Corps; redesignated 9 July 1952 as the Army Reserve. (Location of Headquarters changed 15 August 1950 to Woodward, Oklahoma). Disbanded 1 April 1959 at Woodward, Oklahoma.
Headquarters, 920th Field Artillery Battalion, reconstituted 24 November 1967 in the Army Reserve as Headquarters, 2d Brigade, 95th Division (Training). Activated 30 December 1967 at Lawton, Oklahoma. Location changed 1 December 1984 to Norman, Oklahoma.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|