455th Chemical Brigade
"Protecting the Force" is the motto of the 455th Chemical Brigade. The 455th Chemical Brigade was officially activated in a ceremony 04 June 2000, when COL Joseph Leonelli assumed command. Organizationally, the 455th falls under the auspices of the 77th RSC. Proceeding down the chain, the 462nd Trans. Bn. from Trenton; the 445th FS Co. from Trenton; 677th QM Co. from Camden; 716th QM Co. from Jersey City; 920th Trans. Co. from Jersey City; the 451st Chem. Bn. (Prov.) from Fort Dix; 411st Chem. Co. from Edison; the 320th Chem. Co. out of Jamaica, N.Y.; 357th Chem. Co. hailing from Camden; and the 455th Th. HHD out of Fort Dix, form the 455th.
The 455th traces its military lineage back to June 7, 1944, when HQ and HQ Det., 100th Chemical Bn., motorized, was constituted in the U.S. Army. Activated 5 August 1944 in Italy. Reorganized and redesigned 15 November 1944 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 100th Chemical Mortar Battalion. Inactivated 13 October 1945 at Camp Myles Standish, Massachusetts. Redesiganated 21 October 1948 as Headquarters and headquarters Company, 455th Chemical Mortar Battalion and allotted to the Organized Reserve Corps. Activated 10 November 1948 at Boston Massachusetts. Inactivated 15 June 1951 at Boston Massachusetts. Redesignated 2 July 1952 as Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 100th Chemical Group (CONZ), withdrawn from the organized Reserve Corps and allotted to the Regular Army. Activated 17 July 1952 at Fort McClellan, Alabama. Reorganized and redesignated 25 November 1953 as Headquarters and headquarters Detachment, 100th Chemical Group (Communications Zone).
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|