385th Aviation Regiment
The III Corps Aviation Brigade, 6th Aviation Brigade, consists of the 63d Aviation Group (Lift) and the 385th Aviation Group (Attack). The 385th Aviation Group (Attack) has two Active Component attack battalions (forward deployed to Korea), and one USAR attack battalion.
The Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 385th Attack Regiment was reorganized on 2 December, 1996. It was formerly designated the 385th Aviation Group.
The Headquarters Company provides unit administrative, logistical, maintenance, communication, and medical support for the 385th Attack Regiment Staff Sections.
The Wartime Mission of the 385th Attack Regiment will be to provide Command and Control, Staff Planning and Supervision to the following Regimental Wartime Subordinate Units:
- 1st Squadron, 6th Calvary Regiment
- 3rd Squadron, 6th Calvary Regiment
- 8th Battalion, 229th Attack Helicopter Brigade
The Peacetime Mission of the 385th Attack Regiment is to provide Command and Control, Staff Planning and Supervision to the following Regimental Peacetime Subordinate Units:
- 1st Battalion, 285th Attack Helicopter Regiment
- 2nd Battalion, 98th Troop Command
- Company C, 1st Battalion, 189th Combat Support Brigade
- Company E, 1st Battalion, 189th Combat Support Brigade
- 416th Air Traffic Services Company
- Company D, 2nd Battalion, 245th Aviation Brigade
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|